Potentially The Worst Responder To Finasteride... Ever?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
sCIeNCE iZ sT00piD Y0!

First of all catagen phase takes two weeks before a hair falls out, meaning any hairs you shed a week after starting finasteride were destined to fall out a week before starting finasteride. Also, finasteride continues working more than a week after taking it, so if it was causing your hair to go into catagen phase it would have continued doing so for at least one week after you stopped taking, and since those hairs take two weeks after entering catagen phase before they fall out, then you would still have been shedding tons of hair 3 weeks after stopping finasteride.

Finasteride does cause shedding when it's working because it sheds miniaturized hairs that then grow back thicker. No doubt you experienced some shedding from this, and if you had stayed on finasteride those hairs would have grown back stronger than before. So in a way, you did f*** yourself.

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
if this was true bro which it might well be in some cases (it isn't in mine because hairloss is a complete f*****g mystery and there is no set way in which things can happen) you're saying that someone who had never shed a hair in their life before in the space of 2 and a half months loses half their density and shrinks the majority of the remainder of my other follicles (also thinning of back and sides) is not related to or induced by anything? just simply happened naturally? During this 2 and a half months there just happens to be one factor which has changed in that time and that was me starting finasteride. Science isn't stupid, you're stupid for being so self-assured about something that no one is assured about

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't argue with these people, @baldingboi . Because it hasn't happened to them, it doesn't happen to anyone. People on this forum live and die by these studies from the companies making money from these drugs that if you come on here stating you've had a bad reaction to these drugs, then you're are making it up, its in your head or exaggerated.

Your hair still does look decent though, but I don't doubt your reaction at all as I had a similar reaction to you after 2 weeks of finasteride and also got a similar response from people on here.

Last edited:

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man the vibe on here is toxic af, also pegasus do you even have a life outside of this forum?

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride was terrible for me too. When I started I had barely any hairloss at all only temple recession and a little hairline thinning. I was shedding about 50 hairs a day pre finasteride. I took it for 6 months with non stop aggressive shedding, probably 250+ hairs a day. I quit about 5 months ago....the shedding has never stopped I still lose tons of hair daily. I am now diffuse thinning all over my scalp, have a bald patch on my crown and my hairline recession is worse.

I honestly believe that finasteride sped up my hairloss by at least 5 years. It has an opposite effect on some people that doctors and people on this forum refuse to admit.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@baldingboi "i literally lost 60% of my hair and i'm only 22 years old"

You wanna see what 60% of hair lost really looks like ??
Yeah, that is me. 1 year on minoxidil, 19 years old at the time. I only selected this pic based on what i thought was a 60% reduction of hair (i was much worse than that).

Do you feel like you are exaggerating a little bit now ??

Attachments

• 20190811_175345.jpg
    20190811_175345.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 328

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
@baldingboi "i literally lost 60% of my hair and i'm only 22 years old"

You wanna see what 60% of hair lost really looks like ??
Yeah, that is me. 1 year on minoxidil, 19 years old at the time. I only selected this pic based on what i thought was a 60% reduction of hair (i was much worse than that).

Do you feel like you are exaggerating a little bit now ??
Also not really bro, although I sympathize with your situation a lot and I'm so sorry you have to go through that i feel bad that I think my situation is bad. But, everyone's situation is subjective - in my situation I have went from not have any noticeable or worrying hairloss to in the space of 3 months to experiencing what is very obvious male pattern baldness because I took a "hairloss drug". Just because my situation is better than yours doesn't mean you should belittle it, that's unfair, we're all going through hairloss and we should all be on the same side and not trying to one-up each others story.
This thread is simply a warning to people who are seeing the warning signs early on to stop taking finasteride if it's giving you an inflamed scalp, itchiness, incessant shedding from day 1.
Other guys on this forum will say I'm talking sh*t but look at the response I've got on this forum from people suffering the same just proves that it does happen and there are countless threads as well

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also not really bro, although I sympathize with your situation a lot and I'm so sorry you have to go through that i feel bad that I think my situation is bad. But, everyone's situation is subjective - in my situation I have went from not have any noticeable or worrying hairloss to in the space of 3 months to experiencing what is very obvious male pattern baldness because I took a "hairloss drug". Just because my situation is better than yours doesn't mean you should belittle it, that's unfair, we're all going through hairloss and we should all be on the same side and not trying to one-up each others story.
This thread is simply a warning to people who are seeing the warning signs early on to stop taking finasteride if it's giving you an inflamed scalp, itchiness, incessant shedding from day 1.
Other guys on this forum will say I'm talking sh*t but look at the response I've got on this forum from people suffering the same just proves that it does happen and there are countless threads as well
No worries dude. I am not belittling or disclaiming you, in fact, i do know for a fact countless others went through massive sheds and itching when first beginning their 5ARIs treatment. I'm sorry you had to quit the drug cause it was hell, and i read your lasts posts and it seems your inflammation is gone. Im glad it was over with. Your hair still seems perfectly fine (i could be biased cuz i have horrible thinning, but from an objective perspective, you don't have to stress over it), however you really didn't lose 60% of your overall hair, not even close to a third of that.

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh the guys who defend finasteride with their life are probably guys who work for pharmaceutical companies - it creeps me out how much they will put in to defend it
I'm not sure how true that is, because you'd assume (or even hope) that these people would post the studies to back up their arguments rather than throwing insults around because you've stated you've had a bad reaction.

I'm not sure how it's defendable though, and I'm not saying this drug isnt affective for the majority of users but from my own experience, and a couple on this thread alone it's clear to see it's not a miracle drug that these studies claim it to be. Like I said before, because these side effects haven't happened to these people then obviously it doesn't happen to anyone. But my hair thinned and turned lighter all over my head after taking finasteride for just 2 weeks. My scalp burns, my hair falls out when I run my hand through it, I have increased sebum and acne and I have more body hair in places where I didn't before. All this is too much of a coincidence for it not to be related to the drug as none of it happened before.

People refuse to believe it and will be very hostile when you write about it because for some strange reason it's as though they are threatened by your comments. Yes your hair looks good at the moment, but you probably don't have BDD but infact noticed early onset male pattern baldness but because you still have a considerable amount of hair and tried to be proactive, then according to these people, you have a mental illness because you've had a bad reaction. These are the same people that would have told you you should have acted sooner if you arrived here a few years down the line with a considerable amount of hairloss with no treatment.

Correct me if I'm wrong but do any of the studies say that you are expected to shed on this drug? It's not listed in the side effects. It's just generally accepted that it happens. We're allowed to believe those anecdotes but not ones of bad experiences.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh the guys who defend finasteride with their life are probably guys who work for pharmaceutical companies - it creeps me out how much they will put in to defend it

Finasteride is the best in the world at what it does.

Pseudonymforforum

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure everyone can relate to the panic this guy’s experiencing. I know I was prone to similar exaggeration earlier on in the shedding phase. I still look like I’ve got a lot of hair now but can comfortably say I’ve lost 50% of it. We’re all on this forum because we’re struggling to cope with the enormous impact losing one’s hair can have. The sort of negativity and aggression displayed earlier in this thread just fuels the ‘bitter forum nerd’ stereotype. There’s enough toxicity out there, let’s try and make this a more positive environment and be supportive and understanding.