Post Finasteride Syndrome Or Post Baldness Syndrom

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's weird with me, it's like the older I'm getting the less and less the idea of having kids carries any appeal. When I was in my teens/early 20's, I pictured myself getting married fairly young, and raising a family, partly influenced by family and religious upbringings. Now I'm already past the age I expected this to happen and it couldn't seem further from what I want

I want to build the next 10-20 years around the things I enjoy. Working out, managing my aesthetics, motorcycles, binge watching TV shows while gorging on food, and hopefully getting around to working on the novel I started writing a couple years ago but stalled out from

I don't see kids doing anything but holding me back from these things. My time, and money no longer my own...a feeling of guilt and weight in my mind anytime I allow myself freetime

If I'm honest, I would like a long term committed relationship with a female, although at the moment I'm in a good place where I don't really think or care about it. The thought is still lodged in the back of my mind. I see my lack of desire to have kids as a very probable obstacle in finding a long term mate, as 99% of females I know seem dead set on having children

Lots of women don't want children.

Aesthetics are something I spend time thinking about it, but they have no intrinsic value in my opinion, only as a means to an end. I would not give a sh*t about aesthetics if I lived alone on an island, hair and clothing are not part of my identity, they're something I care about because society expects it.

Similarly with working out. If we didn't care about aesthetics, if we only cared about health, we wouldn't bother going from 15% to 10% or even 7% bodyfat, and most men would do a lot more yoga, and functional exercises, and a lot less weightlifting.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's weird with me, it's like the older I'm getting the less and less the idea of having kids carries any appeal. When I was in my teens/early 20's, I pictured myself getting married fairly young, and raising a family, partly influenced by family and religious upbringings. Now I'm already past the age I expected this to happen and it couldn't seem further from what I want

I want to build the next 10-20 years around the things I enjoy. Working out, managing my aesthetics, motorcycles, binge watching TV shows while gorging on food, and hopefully getting around to working on the novel I started writing a couple years ago but stalled out from

I don't see kids doing anything but holding me back from these things. My time, and money no longer my own...a feeling of guilt and weight in my mind anytime I allow myself freetime

If I'm honest, I would like a long term committed relationship with a female, although at the moment I'm in a good place where I don't really think or care about it. The thought is still lodged in the back of my mind. I see my lack of desire to have kids as a very probable obstacle in finding a long term mate, as 99% of females I know seem dead set on having children
How old are you?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lots of women don't want children.

Aesthetics are something I spend time thinking about it, but they have no intrinsic value in my opinion, only as a means to an end. I would not give a sh*t about aesthetics if I lived alone on an island, hair and clothing are not part of my identity, they're something I care about because society expects it.

Similarly with working out. If we didn't care about aesthetics, if we only cared about health, we wouldn't bother going from 15% to 10% or even 7% bodyfat, and most men would do a lot more yoga, and functional exercises, and a lot less weightlifting.

But I don't live alone on an island dude! Might be nice though...engorge on all the mangos I want since the monkeys don't care about my six pack abs :D

How old are you?

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride has a flat response curve in the serum and in the skin (perhaps not in other organs), this has been demonstrated many times. If you can get PFS from 1 mg, you can probably get it from 0.25 mg, unless the response curve in the other organs is different. In the skin and in the serum, 0.25 mg is far closer to a full dose than to placebo.

Perhaps minoxidil does cause wrinkles, but it doesn't cause ED. There are as many users of minoxidil as of finasteride, and nearly nobody reports ED from minoxidil. There's no comparison, and this proves the issue is not just depression/BDD.

Doctors don't hear "all kinds of stuff" in the way you're implying: PFS symptoms are specific to finasteride users, whether they knew about the side effects or not, and the symptoms reported are mostly ED/brain fog.

There are some independent studies available on the issue, just not from the pharmaceutical industry:
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1557988314538445
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24717976
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24902508

You might respond that you don't believe in conspiracies, but the fact is corporate america has a long history of engaging in conspiracies. We know big tobacco suppressed evidence of the link to lung cancer, we know that the oil sector suppresses global warming research, and we know that the sugar lobby bribed harvard scientists to link heart disease with saturated fat and cholesterol (that came out last year). It's not pure science.

LUL quote from first trial.
"Subjects were also recruited from the Propeciahelp.com, a website that hosts a forum for finasteride sufferers, and this similarly may have allowed bias"

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll have my father take the pill for his prostate. If he doesn't get sides then I wont aswell any problem with this logic?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
LUL quote from first trial.
"Subjects were also recruited from the Propeciahelp.com, a website that hosts a forum for finasteride sufferers, and this similarly may have allowed bias"

A fraction of the subjects were recruited non-randomly, that's not a problem.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Was listening to Sam Harris last night and he said one of the scientists he spoke to once said that the first person to live multiple centuries is alive today. Still tho, I don't see why anyone thinks they'd have the money and access to those sort of treatments unless they are balling outta control.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would totally take PFS (in terms of sexual sides) if I was one of those people whose hair loss stopped completely after taking it (like admin). I know I'm pretty low on the food chain to begin with so it's not like I'm gonna need my dick aways.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I would totally take PFS (in terms of sexual sides) if I was one of those people whose hair loss stopped completely after taking it (like admin). I know I'm pretty low on the food chain to begin with so it's not like I'm gonna need my dick aways.
Dave, stop the self sabotage. Your are a great person. You have good looks. Don't think like that. It will ruin your self worth and create more social anxiety. And you will always have to pee, so you will need your penis.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Don't worry--enjoy what you enjoy because you can have kids into your 40s even 50s if you are financially in a good place. Some people don't really appreciate being a parent until they are older.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Life sucks. Why the f*** does our hair fall out of our heads. Why can't it just f*****g stay in.

If there is a god it's the first thing I'll ask the prick.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like many men, I'm still scared of having children for the reasons you mention.

But I see it like this: if I have kids and it doesn't work out, I can still bail, at worst I'll be paying 200€ a month for child support (and if I don't pay, maybe they'll take away my driver's license! OMG!).

If I chose to remain childless until I'm in my late 30's, it will be too late, I won't be able to go back in time to try again. Just like I can't go back to relive the 3 years of my youth that have gone down the drain.

You only get one shot at this. I know people will say you can have kids in your 40's, your 50's but it's mostly a cope. When you meet one of these people that have 'missed the train', you know something about them feels off, it's hard to explain.

Narcissism makes a lot of people (especially women) think they have all the time in the world to meet Mr/Mrs right and have children, but again, it's just not true.

We have to remember that it takes 3 years on average for couples to decide to have their first child. And you see these 32 year old women be like "I have all the time in the world!" while they haven't even met the guy yet.

I'd feel quite uncomfortable if I was still chasing girls on Tinder well into in my 30's.

It is absolutely uncomfortable and not normal to chase women into one's thirties.

The median age of first marriage is around 28 for women and 30 for men, and if you assume those couples were together for two years, subtract two years for median age of last coupling. That's what normal is.

The remaining women are largely divorced, available because they're undesirable, available because they have delusional standards, or otherwise similarly problematic, it's a hard game.

The most beautiful woman I've been on an online date with was 31 and had never had a relationship longer than a year. Red flag. Given how gorgeous she was (an 8.5+) she undoubtedly had her pick of incredible men. I didn't get to know her well enough to tell you, but she definitely lacked self awareness.

I wish I had it together when I was 19, things would have gone better as the landscape was then bursting at the seams with desirable women. Given that men are later bloomers than women, men have it best if they catch a good woman early.

It's also not 1985 anymore. A woman is now extremely unlikely to seriously date a man twenty years older unless he's extraordinarily wealthy. Good luck. On dating profiles, most women in their 20s make it impossible for a 30+ men to get in touch with them. The software won't allow you to send the message.

Having a kid in your 50s is not a good plan. You also need the energy to raise the kid properly, to run after him on the yard, etc. Older parents can have a very very hard time. My dad was 49 when I was born, he was in great health, and he had a very hard time.

Brb I'm going to go dumpster diving for leftovers ;-) ... :(

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's good for me to get some perspective on this.

I currently have what you're trying so hard to find: a cute 24 year old woman with a master's degree who's in love with me and wants children with me, yet I don't seem to be aware of how lucky I am.

It's weird, I'm trying so hard to find the tiniest flaws about her, to find reasons not to settle with her in the future. I've discussed with people about these flaws, and it turns out they're not even flaws, just me behaving like a spoiled brat. It's mostly about how our tastes in art are different, how she likes to read books (like a lot of women) and I love movies, how she's fine with the top 40 and I listen to more 'underground' music. Of course it doesn't matter much, you can't expect another person to be another you.

Oh and there's the other great sin: she doesn't do facials! Yeah I know how ridiculous and petty being down about this sounds. Other than that, she's adorable. She seems crazy about him and always a bit scared about losing me, always trying to convince me that she's a good girl and does everything (except facials!) to make me happy: "See, you would never need anyone else but me!"

I'm just scared of her turning into a monster once we move in together or get married, that's also based on this but thin air, just my own irrational fears, or maybe I've been reading too much manosphere/red pill horror stories?

I think that as long as I have my sh*t together, her attraction for me will remain, and that's crucial. Her attitude towards me has even been improving further since my gymcelling results started to appear. As long as you take care of your looks, have a decent career and maintain a social life outside your relationship, I don't think much can go wrong.

I guess I should just take this one day at a time and stop looking at the future with so much fear. Perspective is important, I'm in a place where a lot of men would dream to be and I'm almost spitting on it.

She does sound great now. There are much worse crimes than reading books and listening to top 40 lol, you can see it as a bonding opportunity, you can bond by introducing her to the great movies she has not seen.

There's always a risk of a woman going crazy later on. I'd like to say I'm a good judge of character, but people who are better judges than I am have been floored by how ex wives behaved. If a relationship goes sour you need some sort of prenuptial agreement to take care of where the kids will end up, etc.

My ex boss is in the middle of a divorce. They had a good marriage for decades, but now her focus is on dragging out the divorce as much as possible. She wants the kids to do alternating night at each other's houses and the judge agreed (WTF), the 14 year old is not allowed to walk two blocks to the other house by himself, he cannot be left alone, all of which is court-sanctioned method to spread misery.

He told me he would have never expected her to behave this way, but she's making the divorce as expensive as possible. Scorched Earth. He cannot travel for work. She insults him in front of their kids, and then denies it. Probably she genuinely believes she's being reasonable.

It's f*****g scary how women can spontaneously go nuclear.

It is funny to hear you extol the benefits of muscles.

Definitely I won't stop taking care of aesthetics if I get a relationship. If a man gains 5 lbs, or loses a Norwood, he will get less affection and love, period.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dave, stop the self sabotage. Your are a great person. You have good looks. Don't think like that. It will ruin your self worth and create more social anxiety. And you will always have to pee, so you will need your penis.

Thank you for the kind words Doctor

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
In a nutshell.

When I hear a man has been destroyed by his ex-wife, the first questions that pop into my mind are:

"Was he balding? Was he overweight? Did he let himself go? Did he lose his job? Did he appear weak in front of her?"

If all the answers to these questions are no, then I would get scared.

But it never happens, there are always 2 or 3 yes in there.

Overweight, got laid off, cried in front of her and of course balding.

And let's not forget a common factor for the wife losing attraction for you and going nuclear:

She just met a 'better you'.

I remember an ex becoming cold and nagging overnight for this reason.

"I'm going to see this photographer from my hometown, he's just a friend."

*She breaks up with me a week after or so, telling me I disgust her in the process*

A few weeks later, I see her new boyfriend on her Facebook.

Profession: photographer. Norwood status: NW1.

Heartbreaking.

I'm glad we can share these stories on here, as within the media this only happens to women. Women are eternally loyal, but men withdraw affection five minutes after marriage and chase younger women in affairs. I believe that's not true in general, though I believe it may be true of the privileged white women who have cushy jobs writing for the media.

In reference to the stated case, my ex Boss was a NW3 in his mid 40s, I think that's all right. He was thin, though I think the divorce is making him gain weight. That man loves tiramisu.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

You shouldn't be rolling your eyes as I was very careful with my language. There are still some good women past age 30, they're just substantially harder to find. The first factor is that the good ones are more likely to have been paired up with the good men, the second is that most people in our society don't know how to watch their weight.

According to this figure:
WomenWeightWhite.gif

The median woman gains 5 Kg between age 20 and age 30, and another 4 Kg by age 40.