Post Finasteride Syndrome: A Broad Overview Of This Devastating Disease

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3489839

"The prevalence of 5 alpha-reductase deficiency in children with ambiguous genitalia in the Dominican Republic."

They are "born females" then they become males soon as puberty hits.

In the study from Imperato don´t talk about which type of 5 AR´s is affected. 1, 2 or 3, or all?
IMHO Complete Androgen deficiency is not compatible with the human life.

It is not a white/black issue
"Currently, approximately 900 different mutations have been associated with AIS according to an AR gene mutations database [12,56]"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6480640/
Interesting, no any word about the three types of AR.

And, I am wondering if these pseudohemaphrodytes have sebum in hair scalp?

Last edited:

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scared of PFS? Eat Dutasteride!

Buy now! at "www bla bla bla" Promotion ends tommorow!

:D

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the study from Imperato don´t talk about which type of 5 AR´s is affected. 1, 2 or 3, or all?
IMHO Complete Androgen deficiency is not compatible with the human life.

It is not a white/black issue
"Currently, approximately 900 different mutations have been associated with AIS according to an AR gene mutations database [12,56]"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6480640/
Interesting, no any word about the three types of AR.

And, I am wondering if these pseudohemaphrodytes have sebum in hair scalp?

From what i recall reading somewhere they have 1 and 3 or something like that, missing only the type 2 one.. And from what i recall both finasteride and dutasteride block type 1 also, not just 2 like it's said that finasteride does... dutasteride blocked all 3 of them i think and finasteride just 1 and 2 or something like that, correct me if i am wrong...

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finas block mainly type 2 (if the use is chronic also block type 1), Dutas blocks 1 and 2 types,

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finas block mainly type 2 (if the use is chronic also block type 1), Dutas blocks 1 and 2 types,

I saw recently on this site some studies posted by a member that shows finasteride blocks 1 and 2 and dutasteride all 3 of them.. In what manner i can't recall but i will take a look and see if i can find the post !

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride does have sides, and the studies may have claimed unrealistic numbers. But we shouldnt loose finasteride as a potential option for hair loss treatment. It is the only effective approved treatment for hair loss since ~20 years for fucks sake.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can agree with the fact that if people are really depressed about their hairloss, fina should still be an option. BUT we need all the real results so people can make an objective decision. Some new long term (2-3+ years) studies are in order.
Agreed. New studies in the works?

Ljpviper

Reaction score
You all are lucky I started taking proscar in 1995. Barely any internet coverage. I was fine in all my 20 and 30s.

Now 48 with a decent 450 t level natural. I am not doubting anyone with symptoms, but I wonder how much is the fear mongering. Your mind is very powerful especially with ED and sexual issues. If you read everday something is go to screw ur body up it may or may not happen. I am so glad there was not all this bs on the Internet. Remember proscar is for prostate cancer, go to there websites and compare side effects.

Other choice take nothing, but don't complain that no treatments are available.

Ljpviper

Reaction score
Actually one more thing too add I remember not being able to get aroused, prior to proscar. Well the chick was a turnoff. I was 23 you think u would bang anything. No bragging but living in south beach in my 20s and 30s easily slept with at least 50 girls while on proscar. So don't blame the drug for all yor issues.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh lawd. :)

Btw, did you experience any of these:

-Brainfog, for example; getting harder to find words, sentence structure,...
-Watery sperm
-Erectile dysfunction
-Lethargy

getting close to the 3 month mark.

Brainfog: yes, the first 2-3 weeks -- it's now gone
Watery sperm: YES, it's practically water at this point
Erectile dysfunction: no to ED -- yes to a lower libido
Lethargy: Yes, depends on the day really

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not doubting anyone with symptoms, but I wonder how much is the fear mongering. Your mind is very powerful especially with ED and sexual issues. If you read everday something is go to screw ur body up it may or may not happen.

Exactly.

The people suffering from this "PFS" should read up on what TMS is (Tension Myositis Syndrome) and the effect of the brain and anxiety on a ton of common pain symptoms (back and muscle pain, nerve pain, brain fog, gastrointestinal, erectile problems, libido, migraines, fibromyalgia, burning scalp, eczema, depression, panic attacks..etc). Blaming finasteride and the belief finasteride is the cause for any of this is just prolonging the symptoms.

There's even a forum for this https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/ go read up on this with an open mind. I guarantee it can help. Without the fear the symptoms will dissipate.

Last edited:

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure man. Let's block a major male hormone for a prolonged period of time aka hormone therapy. Surely it's al in the minds of people because we all know that blocking hormones has no other physical repercussions besides saving your hair...
I'm not saying the symptoms aren't real, there are. Just read the book "The great pain deception" from Steve Ozanich.

It's your choice, it all comes down to how long you want to suffer.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, sure I can accept the power of the mind and wanting to get better, it could maybe hasten your recovery but the mind can only do so much.
It's the the two thousand years old latin phrase still stand today: mens sana in corpore sano (healthy mind in healthy body).

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think everything should be tried for people who have sides even after quitting treatment. TRT, DHT creams, E blockers, and other medical options but also mental stuff too. Therapy, meditation, proper sleep schedules, stress reduction, etc.

Try everything you can.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Official studies of Merck are indeed very untrustworthy. The number of people who experience side effects is MUCH higher than the 2-3% that was reported, hence we're seeing forums flooded with people who have side effects.

FDA is corrupt, that's clear to many.

https://ethics.harvard.edu/blog/risky-drugs-why-fda-cannot-be-trusted

"The bar for “safe” is equally low, and over the past 30 years, approved drugs have caused an epidemic of harmful side effects, even when properly prescribed. Every week, about 53,000 excess hospitalizations and about 2400 excess deaths occur in the United States among people taking properly prescribed drugs to be healthier. One in every five drugs approved ends up causing serious harm,1 while one in ten provide substantial benefit compared to existing, established drugs. This is the opposite of what people want or expect from the FDA."

"Prescription drugs are the 4th leading cause of death."

"This evidence indicates why we can no longer trust the FDA to carry out its historic mission to protect the public from harmful and ineffective drugs. Strong public demand that government “do something” about periodic drug disasters has played a central role in developing the FDA.2 Yet close, constant contact by companies with FDA staff and officials has contributed to vague, minimal criteria of what “safe” and “effective” mean."

You are 18 years old and probably also virgin, you don't understand the importance of libido and having a healthy sex life. Yes, hair is important but sexual health is even more so, but you only know this when you lose it.

Young men shouldn't get on hormone treatment to save hair, that's what fina is. (and definetely bica,...)

Like I said, try every alternative first.
lol

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Forums flooded with people with side effects. There are millions of people taking it, i don't see 100000s of people reporting sides on forums.

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't just disregard this post as pure bs. Think about the fact that there were thousands of cases of these exact symptoms, and for good reason: messing with your endocrine system is very dangerous, and, as observed, the symptoms don't go away even after years, so there is definitely a toggle in our body that is just phucked after taking finasteride. It's a bit like diabetes if you think about it, the pancreas just stops producing enough insulin to sustain your organism, something goes missing just like with PFS. Dem researchers just need to put their finger on that substance that suddenly disappears, but until then, I would advise you to not mess up what is basically the System32 of your organism. Please, just try the other stuff first (mino, nizoral). Maybe even save up for a hair transplant if you can. But if you do decide to take finasteride, just think that one day, you might wake up and become a zombie, albeit with thick locks.