Post Finasteride Syndrome: A Broad Overview Of This Devastating Disease

INT

Reaction score
What a bunch of bs, these post finasteride syndrome guys are nothing else than snake oil salesmen trying to get people to go and waste money on "the natural route".

Who in this thread has mentioned anything about going the natural route?

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, what did I say? Emotional investment in their hormone treatment, it makes people say the most ridiculous things.

Nobody is selling anything retard.

"Nobody is selling anything" thats the smart thing, you dont need to push any products, just tell people finasteride is part of some crazy big pharma conspiracy and will make you a living zombie and people will by themself find your tibetan flower mix.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to remind people that there have been newer studies also that show minimal side effects. The pfs exists only in your heads people.

INT

Reaction score
"Nobody is selling anything" thats the smart thing, you dont need to push any products, just tell people finasteride is part of some crazy big pharma conspiracy and will make you a living zombie and people will by themself find your tibetan flower mix.

Ah ok so you are just trolling

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah new "studies" by interest groups that need fina to have a "safe profile" so they can continue their business. (hair transplant sector, etc)

Generic finasteride is available in the UK (and probably elsewhere) in high street retailers now so your argument is somewhat diluted. But not negated completely, your hair transplant sector reference withstanding.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The redundant shouting contest rages on. Any intelligent/thinking person probably knows intuitively finasteride could have potential bad side effects even if there isn’t “official” recognition of it. It’s a calculated risk and personally I’m glad I took it. Day 801 today, sitting outside in the beautiful sun with my hair in a high ponytail, forelock brushed out slightly, feeling cool and confident.

Be an adult, be decisive, make your choice and live with it.
You probably wouldn't be singing the same nonchalant tune if you were bald and castrated, but I agree with your overall point.

Nearly every med out there has potentially life altering consequences. It's no different than driving to work, getting in a wreck and becoming an amputee.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah new "studies" by interest groups that need fina to have a "safe profile" so they can continue their business. (hair transplant sector, etc)

Yeah i bet in your head merck was behind 9/11 also

INT

Reaction score
Yeah i bet in your head merck was behind 9/11 also

Lol you are the one that started the conspiracy thinking where you stated that finasteride safety critics have a hidden agenda that entails selling natural treatments.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol you are the one that started the conspiracy thinking where you stated that finasteride safety critics have a hidden agenda that entails selling natural treatments.

"finasteride safety critics" haha sounds so scientific. Its rather "finasteride neurotic paranoids and snake oil salesmen". Why should someone rather believe a bunch of weirdos online than actual scientific reports based upon 1000s of subjects where the placebo group shows almost just as much sides than the finasteride group.

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In most western countries you need a prescription to get fina. Crazy you can get it over the counter in the UK though.

The caveat is that you have to be registered with a GP and the retailer informs your doctor. There’s also a rudimentary consultation, but for all intents and purposes it’s an over the counter.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"snake oil salesmen"

What are people selling then you absolute idiot? But please keep up with your hormone treatment, I'm sure there are no risks at all with blocking an important male hormone...

Why do you think DHT is a important hormone? it is a hormone that is used by the body mainly during puberty and childhood, later on in life its basically just a trash hormone. Researchers have not found one vital important role of DHT in the adult male body.

And why wouldnt i keep taking finasteride? i have not experienced a single side effect except great hair.

INT

Reaction score
Why do you think DHT is a important hormone? it is a hormone that is used by the body mainly during puberty and childhood, later on in life its basically just a trash hormone. Researchers have not found one vital important role of DHT in the adult male body.

And why wouldnt i keep taking finasteride? i have not experienced a single side effect except great hair.

Finasteride reduces 5 AR which has neurological functions

INT

Reaction score
"finasteride safety critics" haha sounds so scientific. Its rather "finasteride neurotic paranoids and snake oil salesmen". Why should someone rather believe a bunch of weirdos online than actual scientific reports based upon 1000s of subjects where the placebo group shows almost just as much sides than the finasteride group.

Ever heard of Vioxx? Another medicine from Merck. 1000s of subjects showed that it was a totally safe medicine. Until it wasn't... And people started dying.

I am a published researcher myself and I can tell you; the scientific method is probably the best thing we have at the moment, but is far FAR from being flawless and should always ALWAYS continue to be approached with a critical mind.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ever heard of Vioxx? Another medicine from Merck. 1000s of subjects showed that it was a totally safe medicine. Until it wasn't... And people started dying.

I am a published researcher myself and I can tell you; the scientific method is probably the best thing we have at the moment, but is far FAR from being flawless and should always ALWAYS continue to be approached with a critical mind.

The difference is that it was proved to have long term usage risks easily after just 5 years on the market. Finasteride have not shown any such evidence after over 20 years on the market (even longer for prostate issues).

The thing that drives this is that people read horror stories online and suddenly they experience a very strong placebo effect while starting the drug. The later studies have shown this to be very true since the placebo group have almost the same percentage of sides as the finasteride group. You have people on the internet claiming to have becomed pfs zombies by eating one finasteride pill.....

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride reduces 5 AR which has neurological functions

Just because something is found in the brain does not mean it have a vital positive function there. There are a people in the dominican republic who lack any 5 AR at all in their body. They dont have any neurological problems, the only difference between them and us is that they dont experience a good sexual organ development in their puberty and they have great hair. Which further confirms that DHT have a very very limited role in males outside of sexual development during childhood.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a bunch of bs, these post finasteride syndrome guys are nothing else than snake oil salesmen trying to get people to go and waste money on "the natural route".

I think that most people are good guys,....
Taking in account that finas dont make miracles in common hair loss,

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just because something is found in the brain does not mean it have a vital positive function there. There are a people in the dominican republic who lack any 5 AR at all in their body. They dont have any neurological problems, the only difference between them and us is that they dont experience a good sexual organ development in their puberty and they have great hair. Which further confirms that DHT have a very very limited role in males outside of sexual development during childhood.

IMHO its a lie, impossible for life if you have not any of the 3 types of 5AR´s, no compatible with life,

Have you any study?

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Omfg it's like you guys have not heard of Google.

"Children with the condition are genetically male, meaning they have one X and one Y chromosome. However, as they develop in the womb, a genetic mutation prevents their bodies from converting the male hormone testosterone into a hormone called dihydrotestosterone, or DHT. Because DHT is responsible for the development of male sex organs, the lack of DHT means the male organs don't develop properly, according to the National Institutes of Health.

When children with the condition are born, their external genitals look female, or in some cases, appear ambiguous, the NIH says. But during puberty, Guevedoces, like typical males, experience an increase in testosterone. The body appears to respond to these higher levels of testosterone — the penis and scrotum grow larger, and secondary sex characteristics — such as increased muscle mass and a deep voice — can also appear.

Men with this condition, officially called 5-alpha reductase deficiency, are usually infertile, and often do not develop much facial or body hair. Although most children with this condition are raised as girls, about half identify themselves as male after puberty, the NIH says. [7 Diseases You Can Learn About From a Genetic Test]"

https://www.livescience.com/52247-guevedoces-girls-boys.html

Last edited: