Post Finasteride Syndrome: A Broad Overview Of This Devastating Disease

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, let us f*****g hope shiseido brings the goods this summer.
If the Japanese save us, I will shill for Japan the rest of my life.
If the Turks save us with their goat semen, I will convert to Islam.
If the Americans save us, I will become a redneck.
If the Chinese save us, I will become a communist.

JustPassingBy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Post Finasteride Syndrome

Fellow PFS sufferer here. Great post OP and thanks for sharing this, hopefully it prevents some people here from taking finasteride. Please guys don't touch this sh*t, balding sucks but having your endocrine system destroyed is much, much worse.

The one thing i disagree with though is the part on CDnuts. Have you read his posts on propeciahelp at all? Or his old posts on swolesource, before there was a PFS subforum? He did indeed have PFS. The thread calling him a fraud was made by a guy who hates everything to do with "home brewing" as people call it.

I myself crashed in November last year and have followed CD's protocol for almost six months now, and I'm doing much, much better. Six months ago I was in the absolute hell of PFS (I know you know the feeling) and now I'm studying again, have a girlfriend, can f*** pretty regularly, and hang out with my friends again. Six months ago I could barely leave the house. My main symptoms still are some depression, brain fog, low libido and low stress tolerance. But it's a hell of a lot better than I was back then.

You mention not being able to go to the gym due to fatigue. Can you describe your fatigue in more detail? I was extremely fatigued too, and I was having panic attacks and my body was shaking from the brain fog when I was at the gym. But I still forced myself to go through the motions, and now I'm better. So there's still a chance you might be able to do at least some kind of workouts man. Also, if you regularly view propeciahelp, try not to do so. I notice when I go there, my anxiety immediately goes up. Not sure why.

I'm doing a hell of a lot better, I almost lost my life due to this poison and now I'm doing so much better. And I owe a lot of that to the guy you're attacking, CDnuts. While I don't believe his protocol can necessarily "cure" everyone, it definitely works as symptom relief at least.

Just giving you hope man. Good luck.

Last edited:

JustPassingBy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah. I do believe there are legit side effects. I just don't believe popping one finasteride pill will cause depression, sexual dysfunction, nightmares, changing bone structure, cancer.
It sounds unbelievable, doesn't it? I took two pills and experienced ball ache and watery ejaculate. I decided to stop the drug after that just to be safe. My crash didn't come until a bit over two months after I stopped the drug. It's weird, the drug is out of the body in like eight hours or so but somehow it did damage to my body that manifested itself months later. It's unbelievable until you experience it.

By "crash", I mean this: for me, it was a sudden feeling of being unwell, like something was going wrong. I felt like I was going to pass out. I thought it was low blood sugar at first, so I went home from school. I felt very cold and fatigued. Then a few days later, the nightmare started...massive anxiety, panic attacks, depression, suicidal ideation, impotence, you name it.

I'm doing a lot better these days, but just wanna warn people of this sh*t.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds unbelievable, doesn't it? I took two pills and experienced ball ache and watery ejaculate. I decided to stop the drug after that just to be safe. My crash didn't come until a bit over two months after I stopped the drug. It's weird, the drug is out of the body in like eight hours or so but somehow it did damage to my body that manifested itself months later. It's unbelievable until you experience it.

By "crash", I mean this: for me, it was a sudden feeling of being unwell, like something was going wrong. I felt like I was going to pass out. I thought it was low blood sugar at first, so I went home from school. I felt very cold and fatigued. Then a few days later, the nightmare started...massive anxiety, panic attacks, depression, suicidal ideation, impotence, you name it.

I'm doing a lot better these days, but just wanna warn people of this sh*t.
It could be any other reason. Have you considered that people get sick from causes other than finasteride?

JustPassingBy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@JustPassingBy : what’s cdnuts regimen to cure pfs? I’m curious.
Im fasting for 7 days + lot of indoor cycling (50km/day maybe more). I hope its a good thing to do...

You can view the whole regimen on propeciahelp, in a thread titled "I'm cured", or alternatively on his website www.totalmaleoptimization.com

It's basically a fast at first, then supplementation, exercise, healthy diet and mind calming techniques. A big side effect of PFS is racing thoughts and anxiety, which is why IMO the breathing exercises are so helpful and have helped me out a lot.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Official studies of Merck are indeed very untrustworthy. The number of people who experience side effects is MUCH higher than the 2-3% that was reported, hence we're seeing forums flooded with people who have side effects.

FDA is corrupt, that's clear to many.

https://ethics.harvard.edu/blog/risky-drugs-why-fda-cannot-be-trusted

"The bar for “safe” is equally low, and over the past 30 years, approved drugs have caused an epidemic of harmful side effects, even when properly prescribed. Every week, about 53,000 excess hospitalizations and about 2400 excess deaths occur in the United States among people taking properly prescribed drugs to be healthier. One in every five drugs approved ends up causing serious harm,1 while one in ten provide substantial benefit compared to existing, established drugs. This is the opposite of what people want or expect from the FDA."

"Prescription drugs are the 4th leading cause of death."

"This evidence indicates why we can no longer trust the FDA to carry out its historic mission to protect the public from harmful and ineffective drugs. Strong public demand that government “do something” about periodic drug disasters has played a central role in developing the FDA.2 Yet close, constant contact by companies with FDA staff and officials has contributed to vague, minimal criteria of what “safe” and “effective” mean."

You are 18 years old and probably also virgin, you don't understand the importance of libido and having a healthy sex life. Yes, hair is important but sexual health is even more so, but you only know this when you lose it.

Young men shouldn't get on hormone treatment to save hair, that's what fina is. (and definetely bica,...)

Like I said, try every alternative first.
If I lose it now I wouldnt bother, because, as you said, I wont know until I lose it and I havent had it in the first place.
Anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts would govern my everday life if I was bald. Living as a bald guy is not an option for me. I will do whatever I can to preserve my ideal body image.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take your fear monegering B's to the pshelp website. You had problems before you took it your just a nutcase

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fear mongers don't monger for no reason dipshit. We're trying to help people out and hopefully prevent some from going through an incredibly traumatic experience like pfs.
Sure you are STFU. I've been around a long time and people with male pattern baldness are already going thru depression etc.....go to pshelp.com with that B's and male pattern baldness is a traumatic experience already wtf it's a lose lose idiot. You try scaring people because your obsession ruined your sex drive blah blah. I've been on it a long time and guess what I had great sex last nighty muscle mass is better than ever and I have a full head of hair. No issues or sides maybe you just a mentally illness that you've had long before finasteride.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's alot easier to come here and scare people because the 99/100 without sides move on and enjoy life and don't dwell on the B's.

INT

Reaction score
I've been on it a long time and guess what I had great sex last nighty muscle mass is better than ever and I have a full head of hair. No issues or sides maybe you just a mentally illness that you've had long before finasteride.

My grandmother smoked for 80 years and never got lung cancer. My neighbor did smoke and died from lung cancer when he was in his late 50's. I am pretty sure that it was an already existing mental illness that gave him the lung cancer.

JustPassingBy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure you are STFU. I've been around a long time and people with male pattern baldness are already going thru depression etc.....go to pshelp.com with that B's and male pattern baldness is a traumatic experience already wtf it's a lose lose idiot. You try scaring people because your obsession ruined your sex drive blah blah. I've been on it a long time and guess what I had great sex last nighty muscle mass is better than ever and I have a full head of hair. No issues or sides maybe you just a mentally illness that you've had long before finasteride.

You've been on it for a long time with no side effects, great. Who knows, maybe you're one of the guys who don't have a predisposition to suffer PFS after exposure to finasteride or other endocrine disruptors? Maybe you'll crash a year from now, 10 years from now, or if you ever stop the drug. Who knows, it's a lottery.

You have no idea what you're talking about in regards to pfs though. I'm just going to end this conversation here.

badhairline

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are 18 years old and probably also virgin, you don't understand the importance of libido and having a healthy sex life. Yes, hair is important but sexual health is even more so, but you only know this when you lose it.

you aren't getting sex if you're bald

/thread

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The redundant shouting contest rages on. Any intelligent/thinking person probably knows intuitively finasteride could have potential bad side effects even if there isn’t “official” recognition of it. It’s a calculated risk and personally I’m glad I took it. Day 801 today, sitting outside in the beautiful sun with my hair in a high ponytail, forelock brushed out slightly, feeling cool and confident.

Be an adult, be decisive, make your choice and live with it.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What a bunch of bs, these post finasteride syndrome guys are nothing else than snake oil salesmen trying to get people to go and waste money on "the natural route".