Post Finasteride Syndrome: A Broad Overview Of This Devastating Disease

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Everyone has a right to be here of course, and vent their frustrations on their own personal hair loss struggle.

I think the point though is that, and you can see a picture of my hair in this thread to see I'm not a bullshitter, us more serious hair loss sufferers don't quite understand why guys come here in panic when their hairlines are just slightly moved back from their teenage years. This is completely normal and it happens to 99.9% of men.

You can argue in counter to this, well, it's better to catch it early with treatments and be preventative. This is true of course, but there's an extent to all that. Why risk sides of these drugs and get on a lifetime commitment when there's no need? I would never have gotten on drugs if I stayed a Norwood 2. Hell, even up to Norwood 2.5 I wouldn't do anything. Having some hairline recession looks normal on guys, having a Norwood 0 is stupid in my opinion.

I think also people may get sensitive when Norwood 1.5/2 guys come here and start offering "advice". Advice about hair loss, especially the severe kind, is well intentioned and may work in theory, but in practice it's a whole different world. Especially if you are in your teens/twenties and experiencing this horror.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not on any treatment at the moment but I feel like I have all the rights to be here. I tried a couple of things but decided they are not worth. I may or may not try other things but this is not a forum dedicated to Finasteride, it's a forum dedicated to hair losers of all sorts.
The point is, if he started balding at 15 it's obvious he would have been far beyond a nw2. Zix and Sandalore? Cmon let's get real here. He just doesn't have balding at this moment, so why is he on forums for 13 years?

INT

Reaction score
The point is, if he started balding at 15 it's obvious he would have been far beyond a nw2. Zix and Sandalore? Cmon let's get real here. He just doesn't have balding at this moment, so why is he on forums for 13 years?

I already explained the situation in the creepy stalker thread you created about me. I quote:
"My hairline started receding during my puberty and around that time I also found out that baldness is genetic and then I came to the conclusion that my hair future was not looking very bright."

Despite the early recession my hair status stayed relatively the same for the next 9 years without any treatments. After that, I started treatments.

In other words, I lost my juvenile hairline during puberty (which happens to many guys, also non balding ones), and given the fact that pretty much all men in both sides are my family are bald or balding, and I strongly relied on my good hair for confidence I became obsessed.

Around 25 I started to lose density in the front. Was getting more difficult to create volume in the front and more see-through when wet, so jumped on finasteride. This did not do much for my hair (maybe slightly less shedding) in the 8 months I was on it. Then again, I was not aggressively thinning but thinning nonetheless.) I got off it in the summer of 2016, which led to a huge shed and after that I have toyed around with keta, hydrocortisone, dermastamping, zix and sandalore. In these 3 years I probably managed to keep 90% of the hair I had, which means that my hair has outlived that if my father and that of my maternal grandfather who were Norwood 3's at my age.

How is this possible? No idea. Could this be due to (some of the) treatments that I used? Maybe
Did I maybe inherit the hair genes of my PATernal grandfather who is the only man in my family that did not go bald? Could be, I am not well-versed enough in the field of genetics to say anything about that.
Did PFS put the brakes on the natural progression of my balding process? Could be.

I guess time will tell how my hair status will change. I just know that I want to stay on top of developments in the industry. Just because I am only a Norwood II, I still miss the times where I could get out of the water and still have awesome looking thick hair without having to worry about looking like I am thinning. That is why I am still here. Also, as a psychologist, I find this forum very interesting.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone has a right to be here of course, and vent their frustrations on their own personal hair loss struggle.

I think the point though is that, and you can see a picture of my hair in this thread to see I'm not a bullshitter, us more serious hair loss sufferers don't quite understand why guys come here in panic when their hairlines are just slightly moved back from their teenage years. This is completely normal and it happens to 99.9% of men.

You can argue in counter to this, well, it's better to catch it early with treatments and be preventative. This is true of course, but there's an extent to all that. Why risk sides of these drugs and get on a lifetime commitment when there's no need? I would never have gotten on drugs if I stayed a Norwood 2. Hell, even up to Norwood 2.5 I wouldn't do anything. Having some hairline recession looks normal on guys, having a Norwood 0 is stupid in my opinion.

I think also people may get sensitive when Norwood 1.5/2 guys come here and start offering "advice". Advice about hair loss, especially the severe kind, is well intentioned and may work in theory, but in practice it's a whole different world. Especially if you are in your teens/twenties and experiencing this horror.
Norwood 0 is stupid? Bruh stop coping NW0=god

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just read the linked thread
basically INT is one of those BDD clowns who came to general sub crying and asking if they are balding at 18, then he fucked up by taking finasteride, delusionally thinking he's balding, then he came off it, nothing changed after not being on finasteride, he realized it's all good and he's not balding and just stuck with these forums, cuz it gives such people boost of morale, makes them feel better about their trashy life, when they compare themselves with users, who are actually balding, classic psychological pattern, check Fight Club movie to see how it works in details

INT

Reaction score
just read the linked thread
basically INT is one of those BDD clowns who came to general sub crying and asking if they are balding at 18, then he fucked up by taking finasteride, delusionally thinking he's balding, then he came off it, nothing changed after not being on finasteride, he realized it's all good and he's not balding and just stuck with these forums, cuz it gives such people boost of morale, makes them feel better about their trashy life, when they compare themselves with users, who are actually balding, classic psychological pattern, check Fight Club movie to see how it works in details

Good try. Just because I am not bald yet does not mean I am not thinning. This is also not in my head as I monitored my hair over the years with pictures. Also, I am quite happy with my life as it is so: nope.
Also: taking a movie as a reference for your claims? Nice.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do so many people here seem to project various states of mind upon others? Also, are all forums this toxic or just the hair losing ones? Or just this?

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do so many people here seem to project various states of mind upon others? Also, are all forums this toxic or just the hair losing ones? Or just this?
Now that we are quoting movies. Inside the human mind there is an insatiable desire for conflict. It's the human condition.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good try. Just because I am not bald yet does not mean I am not thinning. This is also not in my head as I monitored my hair over the years with pictures. Also, I am quite happy with my life as it is so: nope.
Also: taking a movie as a reference for your claims? Nice.
cinematography is just a way to represent and touch the questions that arise in our daily lives, specially in case of Fight Club. Some inattentive asinine people may think this is just surrealistic thriller, but at the core of it lies the inner conflict of an individual and how we exist and correlate with each other in the world. So yeah, that movie is perfect example and illustration of what i was saying in the comment above, so i have no idea what the f*** 'Also: taking a movie as a reference for your claims? Nice.' meant.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah man, these threads are full of fina users who try to convince themselves of fina's safety, look at the frustrations of @ScaredOfBalding when confronted with the opposite.

Why don't you give us (balding men) an alternative instead of bashing us? and please don't say: "wear a cap" or "just shave your head bro"

yes, the side effects are real (although it has been blown out of proportion) but what are we supposed to do? go bald and whine for the rest of our lives (à la Larry David, Jason Alexander, Mark Strong, etc..)?

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't you give us (balding men) an alternative instead of bashing us? and please don't say: "wear a cap" or "just shave your head bro"

yes, the side effects are real (although it has been blown out of proportion) but what are we supposed to do? go bald and whine for the rest of our lives (à la Larry David, Jason Alexander, Mark Strong, etc..)?
manufacturers will never let men have ultimate cure for baldness, it is simply bad for economics, too many companies will lose money

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score

Man Pigeon is just a nw7 slaphead who desperately wants others to go bald so he would have less competition.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you just stop trying to dictate others lives and go away?
You almost always want people of different opinion to go away or shut up. This is not finasteride forum. It's a forum for hair losers of all kinds to share discuss etc. At the end of the day everyone is free to do whatever they like. But censorship never helped in these matters. I am equally interested stories from people who had success as from people who had bad experiences so that I can take a decision that I can comfortably live with. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one thinking this way.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
You almost always want people of different opinion to go away or shut up. This is not finasteride forum. It's a forum for hair losers of all kinds to share discuss etc. At the end of the day everyone is free to do whatever they like. But censorship never helped in these matters. I am equally interested stories from people who had success as from people who had bad experiences so that I can take a decision that I can comfortably live with. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one thinking this way.
Literally the dumbst thing u can do. Why? Because other people are UNRELIABLE. Why the f*** do u think scientists do studies? Man, if u take 90% of people and shoot them u lost nothing in this world. Look at this forum alone. A 17 year old claiming he aged 20 years from minoxidil when its clear he did not. A guy claiming he can't get it up from minoxidil. Guys claiming finasteride shrink their dicks or even grows their dicks?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

He has done nothing useful on this website besides promoting his shitty treatments which has a success rate of zero, and talks down on anyone who doesn’t follow his perceptions. I find it hilarious, he is promoting ideal treatments for men to use yet he has not posted his own results or progress so far. What this seems to me is another person barely dealing with hair loss and can get away with minimal treatments, yet wants to dictate what others should use.

(Shaving your head, or going through the hair system route are not treatments)