Possibility Of Any Treatments In 2017?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the future for male pattern baldness treatments looks bright. You have a few different pie in the sky cures, and a few crazy expensive invasive procedures.
Out of all of them how many will ever see the light of day? Not all of them.
Think about this. This forum has thousands of threads on new treatments and research. Guess how many products exist today? finasteride and minoxidil from 25 years ago. People were predicting new treatments for decades
You can call it being pessimistic, but Ill call it being realistic.
Better treatments are coming dont get me wrong, but you have to stay grounded in reality. male pattern baldness is very difficult problem

Predicting is not the same as what is presently happening, though.

Most of the new things are actually undergoing trials and a few are on the home stretch.

As far as I've been able to tell, only two developing treatments actually didn't make it and in both cases, lack of investor funding to keep the project going was the nail in the coffins. Literally everything else was snake oil or was just studies that were never going anywhere.

Also, I'm not sure which procedures are crazy invasive given that all but maybe follica are less invasive than a transplant

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
guys just keep an eye on this, maybe, we will get some further details on Androgenetic Alopecia from Aclaris.
There is a meeting on 15th Feb.
http://www.aclaristx.com/press-releases

Capture7878.JPG

irishlad87

Established Member
Reaction score
Predicting is not the same as what is presently happening, though.

Most of the new things are actually undergoing trials and a few are on the home stretch.

As far as I've been able to tell, only two developing treatments actually didn't make it and in both cases, lack of investor funding to keep the project going was the nail in the coffins. Literally everything else was snake oil or was just studies that were never going anywhere.

Also, I'm not sure which procedures are crazy invasive given that all but maybe follica are less invasive than a transplant
What constitutes home stretch, its seriously pissing off seeing threads about treatments such as hair clone and follica stating that in 4-8 years or 2027 we will have a treatment, as far as im concerned them threads should be locked as f*** treatments that are going to be that far away.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm really curious about how well histogen will work.

Their pictures were not very impressive. They showed a distribution of pictures, some had great growth, some did not, pictures were also taken at different angles.

I'm really curious how well it will work with full treatment and competent photos.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Quoting the article: "We are still a long way from making an accurate prediction for an individual's hair-loss pattern. However, these results take us one step closer."

And here we are, expecting a cure for a condition no one can even produce a prognosis for. Hair loss research practically just started and it's going to take a shitton more research and time to produce something useful.

What constitutes home stretch, its seriously pissing off seeing threads about treatments such as hair clone and follica stating that in 4-8 years or 2027 we will have a treatment, as far as im concerned them threads should be locked as f*** treatments that are going to be that far away.

Yet it seems increasingly likely that's the earliest we can expect something. The fact companies even attempt projects with such late expected release dates shows you how much faith they put in upcoming treatments and their competition's projections.

Don't like it? Well, we could've done something sooner. But instead of pushing for more recognition and investments, we're still just jerking each other off to false hopes and delusions.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are so surprised that there is no cure, we don't even know how hair loss works exactly. All we know it's androgen related, aging related and that's about it. Most attempts at cures have been by finding a bit of the puzzle and either trying to block it hoping that that will cause hair growth (5ar, pgd2, etc) or trying to encourage things to grow things by stimulation (wnt). Hell we don't even know exactly how minoxidil works.

So it isn't surprising that the most promising treatments coming up are basically sophisticated transplants that don't even attempt to answer the outstanding questions.

Abelibano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are so surprised that there is no cure, we don't even know how hair loss works exactly. All we know it's androgen related, aging related and that's about it. Most attempts at cures have been by finding a bit of the puzzle and either trying to block it hoping that that will cause hair growth (5ar, pgd2, etc) or trying to encourage things to grow things by stimulation (wnt). Hell we don't even know exactly how minoxidil works.

So it isn't surprising that the most promising treatments coming up are basically sophisticated transplants that don't even attempt to answer the outstanding questions.

Yeap, I strongly believe that nobody will find a cure but we will be able to look full heads in the future with multiple cloning+transplant procedures.

I will be happy even with this scenario, although it will be a bit funny and ironic having in my 40s more hair than my 20s and 30s :p

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgen/AR suppression + estradiol + dat kirkland minoxidil.

Typical regimen:

• minoxidil foam (2x a day, plenty)
  • Finasteride (1mg)
  • flutamide (125mg, this really accelerated things)
  • spironolactone (200mg)
  • e (sublingualy, 6mg, I just dropped myself though I was at 8mg for the past several months and injections before that, I just pushed a little too hard and actually started loosing hair again, dropping back seems to have stopped the hairloss again)

:D :D :D :D. Our best option is right here and will be for many years to come.

Unless Tsuji san or Lauster saves us from this wreck (creation of new hair follicles is what we need). Save up your money real well.

Replicel/Shisheido is also interesting, but not so much on the reversibility front.

http://imgur.com/gallery/3DNJp

tlG9flG.jpg

ORLAonr.jpg

8DpFLnz.jpg

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgen/AR suppression + estradiol + dat kirkland minoxidil.

Typical regimen:

:D :D :D :D. Our best option is right here and will be for many years to come.

Unless Tsuji san or Lauster saves us from this wreck (creation of new hair follicles is what we need). Save up your money real well.

Replicel/Shisheido is also interesting, but not so much on the reversibility front.

http://imgur.com/gallery/3DNJp

wut?

the cure is right here sh*t but it demands a lot in return.

The big question is - WILL YOU SURRENDER YOUR MANHOOD ?

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wut?

the cure is right here sh*t but it demands a lot in return.

The big question is - WILL YOU SURRENDER YOUR MANHOOD ?
Men sacrificing their lives to estrogen? Won't be the first time won't be the last.

Inb4 "I'm not gay but a NW1 is a NW1"

shookwun

Reaction score
cure

prosthesis :D

abcdefg

Reaction score
Dont flush your finasteride down the toilet anytime soon. Your going to need that for many years to come. I agree with swoop the combo of treatments we have today will still be the best a few years from now. We really need an RU or CB though because the AR angle has no good solution.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
cure

prosthesis :D

i mean good for him i guess

but i think these older dudes trying to rock these cool hair cuts look a bit pathetic really. have nice hair yeah, but trying to look the like kids is just sad

anyway f*** the wig, his acne scarred skin is a bigger problem imo

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen made announcements in 2011. They onlypromise one complete hair cycle, which is two to five years. Also it should be noted in the US they are only doing trials on females. This makes me question if it fights DHT at all. FDA is more strict than Mexico.