Possibility Of Any Treatments In 2017?

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So based on scouring here and else where I just wanted final confirmation that the only thing happening in 2017 is news.... right?

There may be Kelopesia which some are divided as to whether it is worth anything...

And the hopeful in me sees FolliceThought's regular update on the most promising treatments list Histogen's status as-
Status: Phase 3 trial for approval in Mexico awaiting to be initiated. Histogen is also presently looking to launch a trial for approval in Japan and China. Potentially on the market in Mexico in 2017.

But considering their history I'm not so sure that 2017 will be anything more than a year long waiting room.
So all we have now is promise and Adipose Fat Head injection, if those even do anything.

timberman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since histogen did not yet start their phase 3 trial (which will take around a year) I think a 2017 release is a little optimistic. Maybe Fidia can try a little harder to release their lotion this year. Southern Europe work ethics suck so they should work a little harder. I hope Kelopesia is legit and gets released in the next few months..

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there will be anything new this year. Shiseido is poised to be the next available treatment and we get their data next year with the release quite likely to follow soon after.

Kelopesia is almost definitely a scam. It has all the signs of one save for being from a university. It was also just "months away" a year ago, with no explanations for its delay. I would not expect it to be released and if it is, you'll surely be disappointed.

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
Only Brotzu a possibility.
Follica might pull a Beyonce and drop RAIN without any leaks, warnings, or promotion.
Otherwise, 2018 is the big year.

Here's my projected calendar, cut and pasted.
People feel free to correct anything I have here.

ITALIAN S-EQUOL
Dr, Brotzu at FIDIA. Looks really promising. Early 2017?
Public statement says “by 2018.” Sometime in 2017. I’m hoping August or September.

SAMUMED
10/26/16 - second Phase 2 complete. Awaiting results

SHISEIDO IN JAPAN
No data yet. People optimistic for 2018.

HISTOGEN - 2018
Update 12/16: Still in phase 3. Probably ends 8/17. On track for 2018 in Mexico.

FOLLICA RAIN TO MARKET

Aclaris JAK inhibitors ← Probably bullshit for Androgenetic Alopecia

Kyucera with Dr. Tsuji ← Best, most solid science and likely cure.

REPLICEL 2021 (German Phase 2 starting 1/1/16. Will last 3.25 years)

KYTHERA\BIMATOPROST\SETI ← Big mystery
Allergan bought Kythera to create a joint treatment with Bim. Who knows what this means.

CB 03 01?

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
ITALIAN S-EQUOL
Dr, Brotzu at FIDIA. Looks really promising. Early 2017?
Public statement says “by 2018.” Sometime in 2017. I’m hoping August or September.

I just want to add, because I see this sort of statement often that they said 'by 2018,' that they actually said in the statement that, and I quote, '...we envisage the development of the potential product candidate being completed by 2018.' The way that I read this, and I could completely be wrong, is that the development for the product, meaning to the exclusion of marketing/manufacturing, will be completed by 2018. I'm aware that Fidia is not some small company without fair access to the manufacturing process, but I just don't think they'd tie up development and spit this product out directly after, in relatively no time at all. I honestly do not believe, and I do not intend to sound pessimistic, just purely honest, that there's any possibility of this product coming out in 2017; I would not even contemplate the idea. I could be completely wrong; I hope that I am.

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
I just want to add, because I see this sort of statement often that they said 'by 2018,' that they actually said in the statement that, and I quote, '...we envisage the development of the potential product candidate being completed by 2018.' The way that I read this, and I could completely be wrong, is that the development for the product, meaning to the exclusion of marketing/manufacturing, will be completed by 2018. I'm aware that Fidia is not some small company without fair access to the manufacturing process, but I just don't think they'd tie up development and spit this product out directly after, in relatively no time at all. I honestly do not believe, and I do not intend to sound pessimistic, just purely honest, that there's any possibility of this product coming out in 2017; I would not even contemplate the idea. I could be completely wrong; I hope that I am.

Yeah you're probably right.
Finishing testing is one thing. Bringing to market is a whole other can of worms.

resu

Reaction score
Nothing will come out this year, maybe 2018, CB for acne will be out too but who knows if that could be usable for Androgenetic Alopecia.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Use what exists today - mainly propecia because I dont see anything new for at least a few years. Even in a few years nothing is for sure.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't take finasteride. SIDE effects were quick and ruthless.

Don't know if I can hold out another 2 years. At like a Norwood 1.5 with hardcore thinning all over. Mine will jump from 2 to 6, no inbetween- saw it in my brother. It's been aggressive lately. Doing everything besides hormone. Even saving up for adipose cause I did prp about a month ago and it did seem to make my hair thicker at least. 23 year old healthy lad with no hair....damn. I'm gonna get castor oil and hope that the fat injection can help me hold on. Thanks for all the research form people, on here like 4 times a day

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick question, if the doctor here in the states doesn't have the same equipment of isolating the stem cells as kerastem (the PUREGRAFT system of supposedly keeping the stem cells in place at the bulge/root of the follicle will it still work as well? I know there's little science and the doctor will just tell me what gets him his money

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can't take finasteride. SIDE effects were quick and ruthless.

Don't know if I can hold out another 2 years. At like a Norwood 1.5 with hardcore thinning all over. Mine will jump from 2 to 6, no inbetween- saw it in my brother. It's been aggressive lately. Doing everything besides hormone. Even saving up for adipose cause I did prp about a month ago and it did seem to make my hair thicker at least. 23 year old healthy lad with no hair....damn. I'm gonna get castor oil and hope that the fat injection can help me hold on. Thanks for all the research form people, on here like 4 times a day

Try peppermint oil, it won't cause regrowth but may help slow things down.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that why you're reading the new research forum?
I believe in the new treatments but no treatment is coming on 2017 as far as I know. So what I'm doing is buying a cool hat and hitting the gym it's all we can do honestly

Rofler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairclone and Tissuse in 2018-2019? What do you think?