Possibility Of Any Treatments In 2017?

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
f*****g sucks, really nothing new this whole year?

What about setipiprant or fevipiprant? It's so friggin disheartening coming here and not seeing the possibility or something new for a whole year and this is why everyone was nuts about Brotzu.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g sucks, really nothing new this whole year?

What about setipiprant or fevipiprant? It's so friggin disheartening coming here and not seeing the possibility or something new for a whole year and this is why everyone was nuts about Brotzu.

Which they never should have been.

There was never anything more than speculation and anecdotal reports that it would be released this year.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, I won't turn this into a Propecia thread, but I was that dude many years ago that swore I would never touch that drug again. Sides were that bad.

However, I made a decision at 28 (3 years ago) to either accept going bald at the rate I was or try this drug again albeit a lower dose. Started at 0.25mg EOD progressed to 0.50mg ED to this day. I have zero plans to progress to 1mg (full pill). Results? Slight regrowth, but more importantly, has stablizied my situation. I still experience slight sides, but I can tolerate them compared to the sides I had when I tried the full 1mg in my mid-twenties.

My point? I did suffer from bad sides from finasteride at 1mg, but taking a long break and trying again at a lower dose has helped me personally and has minimized the sides pretty significantly. So don't be so hesitant to try the drug again, but feel it out at a lower dose.

If this is still not an option for you, accept going bald. Seriously, accept it and pray it isn't aggressive. I am just trying to buy myself time right now and finasteride is doing the job at half the dose.

Think about it or grab a hat. You have ZERO other options to save your hair with what's available right now.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have ZERO other options to save your hair with what's available right now.

I'm on RU+Minoxidil+Nizoral right now, and will be adding alfatradiol.

For some of us, concerns about sides are more serious.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm on RU+Minoxidil+Nizoral right now, and will be adding alfatradiol.

For some of us, concerns about sides are more serious.

RU is experimental, unproven and in itself can cause sides. I'm not promoting Propecia, it caused bad issues for me at 1mg, but your current regimen will NOT save your hair.

I'm simply stating think about trying the drug at a lower dose. If the sides are still there and bothersome, stop and stick to your RU from China and cross your fingers you don't experience sides from that drug and pray the stuff your mixing in your basement is indeed RU and not some black market cancer inducing chemical. To me, that's a much bigger gamble than taking Propecia. Sometimes I wonder about the logic from people on this site.

To me, mentioning RU and than stating concerns about Propecia sides makes absolutely no sense to me.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU is experimental, unproven and in itself can cause sides. I'm not promoting Propecia, it caused bad issues for me at 1mg, but your current regimen will NOT save your hair.

I'm simply stating think about trying the drug at a lower dose. The sides still there and bothersome, stop and stick your RU from China and cross your fingers.

To me, mentioning RU and than stating concerns about Propecia sides makes absolutely no sense to me.

RU's efficacy is proven from multiple 1990s-era trials, and people have tested Kane's solutions. It's true that we don't have the long-term safety profile, but I don't plan on taking it long term.

By the way you want to know what else is unproven? The relative side effect / efficacy profile of microdosing finasteride. I think it's a good bet personally. I encourage it. However, we don't actually know that the side effects drop more quickly than the efficacy. It's a good bet. A smart bet. But it's not demonstrated.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
RU's efficacy is proven from multiple 1990s-era trials, and people have tested Kane's solutions. It's true that we don't have the long-term safety profile, but I don't plan on taking it long term.

By the way you want to know what else is unproven? The relative side effect / efficacy profile of microdosing finasteride. I think it's a good bet personally. I encourage it. However, we don't actually know that the side effects drop more quickly than the efficacy. It's a good bet. A smart bet. But it's not demonstrated.

I can only touch on my experience. Efficacy took much longer at 0.50mg than when I tried the drug at 1mg. I saw quicker results at the full dose. Again, just my personal take on trying both doses and analyzing my hair every day, literally. I'm ok with that. I just wanted to find a way to slow down this disease while reducing and hopefully eliminating sides. I have not eliminated sides, but reduced the serious ones that caused me to stop when I took 1mg.

Just my .02. I would hate for a young dude in his twenties to read all this crap about Propecia and avoid the drug out of fear. Sides can occur, I will and have confirmed this, but I will always advise anybody looking to save their hair to try the drug at a lower dose and increase as they see fit. I do NOT want to take this drug forever and I surely won't. But after trying everything under the sun (including RU - awful experience) finasteride and minoxidil is literally the only combo holding the fort for me.

Good luck bud. I wish us all the best moving forward. Struggling with this at any age is depressing and frustrating.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if there are no more deviations, good or bad, I think its safe to say that our next treatments are Shiseido and Histogen

Shiseido seems not to be going for the temporary approval until after 1.5 years of their phase 2 so thats 2018 for sure- more likely not till after readout of this trial.

Histogen is doing phase 3 right now in Mexico and could have that finished before 2017 ends with a rollout in 2018- in mexico. Does anybody have a good guess as to when in 2018 Histogen would have their treatment available? Q1? Q2? After readout?

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen is doing phase 3 right now in Mexico and could have that finished before 2017 ends with a rollout in 2018- in mexico. Does anybody have a good guess as to when in 2018 Histogen would have their treatment available? Q1? Q2? After readout?

and who told you they started their Phase 3 trial in Mexico?
they haven't started yet, will start in May/ June.
Capture989.JPG

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd much rather be a bald middle age guy than a balding 24 year old

of course i would too. but i still want to look handsome in my 40s/50s. right now i have some hair still, and i can pull the balding buzz look ok.

what i dont want is to be a complete f*****g cueball. and i have around 10 years or so before thats happens.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bottomline: Absolutely not.

And just being realistic with myself, sorry if my opinion offends anyone, but honestly I see nothing good for a couple of years. I'm sorry, I just don't. But I fully expect a couple of things to come out in the next few years with lots of hype and science behind it but ultimately fail to do anything better than big 3.

I just bought myself 12 months supply of kirkland's minoxidil and finasteride, a couple of 10lb whey protein bags from Optimum Nutrition and BSN Syntha 6, six different dumbbells, a inclining/declining bench, an ab wheel, some dumbbell/weight mats, and a pull-up bar.

While i'm waiting for something that's actually going to stop my hair loss and bring my hair back better than big 3 could, i'm just going to keep busy working out. Best I could do. Hopefully it gives a better mental state.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Add two years to everything. Shiseido in 2020. Tsuji in 2022. No faith in anyone else. In the meantime get a hair transplant if you can, no point waiting your youth away. If that's not an option then trichopigmentation

+

Nothing will be out in 2017/18

Histogen have been scraping together pennies, "seeking", "anticipating" and "planning" since the Planck epoch

Face Japan 5 times a day and pray, it's the only hope

Rofler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But Tsuji made a contract with funding company only for 4 years.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Bottomline: Absolutely not.

And just being realistic with myself, sorry if my opinion offends anyone, but honestly I see nothing good for a couple of years. I'm sorry, I just don't. But I fully expect a couple of things to come out in the next few years with lots of hype and science behind it but ultimately fail to do anything better than big 3.

I just bought myself 12 months supply of kirkland's minoxidil and finasteride, a couple of 10lb whey protein bags from Optimum Nutrition and BSN Syntha 6, six different dumbbells, a inclining/declining bench, an ab wheel, some dumbbell/weight mats, and a pull-up bar.

While i'm waiting for something that's actually going to stop my hair loss and bring my hair back better than big 3 could, i'm just going to keep busy working out. Best I could do. Hopefully it gives a better mental state.

Here is a guy that gets it. I agree 100% with this. finasteride and minoxidil is the only option that has a remote chance of helping your situation and/or slowing it down.

Parlaying that with weights, protein supps and workout regimen and you my friend are doing the absolute best you can to be at the top of your game.

I personally follow this exact regimen. Kudos.

BruceMackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to concur with other posters. Best to get all the other aspects of your life in check, than to anxiously wait for your life to begin once these treatments (if they) come out. Personally, going by my gut feeling and what I have read about all these treatments from this forum and elsewhere, 2019 seems a safer bet for Histogen and Replicel. Even though it looks like Replicel is starting to lay the groundwork, I'm skeptical they'll simply be ready to roll out treatment immediately once they've finished the trials, even though they technically can. Histogen haven't begun their final phase as previously stated, and seem fairly inefficient as a company. I don't know enough about Follica to comment. As for the Brotzu lotion, hopefully all that's happened is that the statement that they released has had the desired effect of reducing the paralysing hype, and so we can hope for 2018, or it's simply dead in the water. I think it's now becoming increasing likely all of the big hitters will eventually make it to market, it's just a question of when. It's now more important than ever to get on the big 3 and maintain your hair for the future. Don't be the guy whose rubbing his tears on his shiny dome in 3 years time when Replicel is out and immunising people, or follica and Histogen are turning vellus hairs into terminal ones, while they stayed off the treatments we have available.