Possibility Of Any Treatments In 2017?

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't be the guy whose rubbing his tears on his shiny dome in 3 years time when Replicel is out and immunising people, or follica and Histogen are turning vellus hairs into terminal ones, while they stayed off the treatments we have available.

what.
f*****g.
treatments.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a guy that gets it. I agree 100% with this. finasteride and minoxidil is the only option that has a remote chance of helping your situation and/or slowing it down.

Parlaying that with weights, protein supps and workout regimen and you my friend are doing the absolute best you can to be at the top of your game.

I personally follow this exact regimen. Kudos.

At least they slow down/stop hair loss, at least. Any regrowth would make me happy at this point. But I know those drugs at the very least do slow down the process and I think with some better treatments coming in 4-5 years (maybe), slowing down is better than just giving up entirely.

I'm trying to be very serious about working out and just come here occasionally, just bought some creatine and glutamine too. I loved the taste of BSN chocolate so I bought cookies and cream flavor today too. I'm hoping not only for a better, healthier looking body, but also just to ease my mind off hair loss and get a new, better obsession. I'm not quitting on male pattern baldness though.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to be very serious about working out and just come here occasionally, just bought some creatine and glutamine too.

Just make sure to read up on creatine before you start. If I'm not mistaken it's supposed to increase DHT. I don't know what the consensus is right now but I was definitely shedding way more while on it. Could just be a coincidence but it's worth a thought.
Other than that, best of luck with the workout, it can only do good.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just make sure to read up on creatine before you start. If I'm not mistaken it's supposed to increase DHT. I don't know what the consensus is right now but I was definitely shedding way more while on it. Could just be a coincidence but it's worth a thought.

There is one mediocre study that associated heavy creatine use with a modest increase in DHT.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used it in the past, I just remember having to drink a lot of water while on it, or else you can really get a sick stomach. We eat creatine every day from food, our bodies have it already too. Thanks for the heads up.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
f*****g sucks, really nothing new this whole year?

What about setipiprant or fevipiprant? It's so friggin disheartening coming here and not seeing the possibility or something new for a whole year and this is why everyone was nuts about Brotzu.

But we'll get news from the Hair Loss Congress.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And if you were the bald middle aged guy you'd be complaining about that.

At least I'd be able to look back at 20 years, give or take of being satisfied with my appearance and now that I'm old and past my prime my life is only downhill from here anyway.

Instead, I'm faced with living through youth and maybe forever in misery

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
At least I'd be able to look back at 20 years, give or take of being satisfied with my appearance and now that I'm old and past my prime my life is only downhill from here anyway.

Instead, I'm faced with living through youth and maybe forever in misery

It doesn't work that way.

If you're a middle-aged bald man that means you were losing your hair in your 20s and 30s so you ceased looking good by your mid to late 20s. So you would not have had 20 years of looking good. If you're a middle aged bald guy then that means you've looked bad a lot longer than the 20-somethings who are just starting to lose their hair today.

You yourself said the following: "I'm faced with living through youth and maybe forever in misery" and the part of your own statement which I've highlighted is exactly what happened to the man who's middle-aged and bald today.

Same as you, he was in his 20s losing his hair and he went through decades of misery for that entire period.
His baldness didn't suddenly materialize the day he became 45.

Last edited:

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't work that way.

If you're a middle-aged bald man that means you were losing your hair in your 20s and 30s so you ceased looking good by your mid to late 20s. So you would not have had 20 years of looking good. If you are a middle aged bald guy then all that means is that you've looked bad longer than the 20-somethings who are just starting to lose their hair today.

You yourself said the following,"I'm faced with living through youth and maybe forever in misery" and the part of your statement that I highlighted is exactly what happened to the man who's middle-aged and bald today.

Same as you, he was in his 20s losing his hair and he went through decades of misery for that entire period.
He baldness didn't suddenly materialize the day he became 45.

It absolutely can work that way. You do not have to start balding in your 20s to be bald at middle age.

I was nw1 2 years ago. Had I not jumped on meds and stuff when I did, I'm certain I'd be nw4 and horribly diffuse by 2018.

Most guys who start balding in their 20s might be nw3...4 at worst by age 40. I would absolutely take that situation any day. I've met 20 year old nw5s who started balding at 16.

If I were to stop all treatments now, I would have to shave my head within probably 2 years tops, because the recession and diffuse would get that bad.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
It absolutely can work that way. You do not have to start balding in your 20s to be bald at middle age.

I was nw1 2 years ago. Had I not jumped on meds and stuff when I did, I'm certain I'd be nw4 and horribly diffuse by 2018.

Most guys who start balding in their 20s might be nw3...4 at worst by age 40. I would absolutely take that situation any day. I've met 20 year old nw5s who started balding at 16.

If I were to stop all treatments now, I would have to shave my head within probably 2 years tops, because the recession and diffuse would get that bad.

1. I'll say it again, nobody becomes instantly bald at 45 from Androgenetic Alopecia alone. Those people were balding for awhile. I know because I was one of them. And they did not start looking bad the day they became bald. They looked bad for years and years before they were bald.

2. I don't know how fast your hair loss is moving and you can't make a fair estimate either since you have been on hair loss medicines.

3. You can't gauge how fast your hair loss will move in the future based on how fast it moved in the past. I've been losing my hair a lot longer than you and I've seen phases when the losses stopped for awhile even without medicine. A lot of people report this. In late 20s my hair loss suddenly stopped for no reason and then after a year or two I started losing hair again.

4. In my mid to late 40s I really can't say what Norwood I am because I have a small amount of thin wispy hairs on the top which prevent me from being completely bald on top. But that hair is so low-quality and fine that it looks bad. And those low-quality wispy hairs don't even start until about halfway back on the top of my head. I have no hair on my crown at all until you go down about 2 - 3 inches in the back below the crown.

My hair loss started in my very early 20s.

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OMG. Hair loss..It sucks for everyone..

I'm a woman I am not saying it sucks more for women then men.

its relative to your own experience.

I can say as someone who was once 25 and is now 45..You dont know what is going to bother you when you are 45 while you are still 25...its impossible to know.

Is it better to have more hair worry free years? yes of course.

but hair loss even bothers 60 year olds.

vanity does not simply fade for everyone. Some throw in towel but not everyone.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
what is inductivity issue?

The inductivity issue is the reason why they can't grow hair with cultured DP cells.

When they talk about inductivity they're talking about the DP cells programming to induce hair growth or skin.

DP cells can either induce hair or skin.

The DP cells they get from follicles are programmed to induce hairs instead of skin. And if they take DP cells from a follicle and inject them directly into the skin they will grow hair - Jahoda proved this decades ago.

They can't use DP cells from skin to grow hair because DP cells from skin induce skin.

They have to use DP cells from follicles but there aren't enough hair-inducing DP cells in a follicle to produce more than one or so hair(s). It makes no sense to harvest one follicle if you're only going to get enough hair-inducing cells to produce one or so hair(s). Trading one for one is not going to give you more hairs. Hence, they need to culture the DP cells harvested from follicles to produce more of those DP cells so they can induce more hairs to grow.

They can culture the cells and create a lot more of them but for some reason when they culture them the hair inducing properties of those cells disappears. They're trying to figure out why and how to correct this one problem. This is the main problem holding up a cure for hair loss.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
OMG. Hair loss..It sucks for everyone..

I'm a woman I am not saying it sucks more for women then men.

its relative to your own experience.

I can say as someone who was once 25 and is now 45..You dont know what is going to bother you when you are 45 while you are still 25...its impossible to know.

Is it better to have more hair worry free years? yes of course.

but hair loss even bothers 60 year olds.

vanity does not simply fade for everyone. Some throw in towel but not everyone.

I'm with you. I'm trying to make this same point to That-Guy.

There's little point in telling 20-somethings that they're not going to like being disfigured in their 40s because they're unable think that far ahead.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I come across info from time to time showing there are ways to preserve hair inductivity of DP cells in mass pass culture. It's studies like this one that makes me think science is close to a viable method.

I'm sure everyone here has already seen this study but I wanted to post it again because I think it shows that researchers are close to solving the inductivity problem.

As a matter of fact, I can't think of a single reason clinicians couldn't use the exact method in this study to solve the inductivity problem. For some reason they seem to reject ideas that might actually work.

Increasing the hair inductive potential of human dermal papilla cells: stimulating and characterising cell aggregation

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I come across info from time to time showing there are ways to preserve hair inductivity of DP cells in mass pass culture. It's studies like this one that makes me think science is close to a viable method.

I'm sure everyone here has already seen this study but I wanted to post it again because I think it shows that researchers are close to solving the inductivity problem.

As a matter of fact, I can't think of a single reason clinicians couldn't use the exact method in this study to solve the inductivity problem. For some reason they seem to reject ideas that might actually work.

Increasing the hair inductive potential of human dermal papilla cells: stimulating and characterising cell aggregation
can't click on the link, don't know why?