Polichem P-3074 Phase 3 Completion In Feb 2018

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
It is interesting that the P-3074 formulation is a chitosan that limits systemic absorption of finasteride. In the 100

So, some interesting thigs about P-3074. First, one of the things people seem to be ignoring in the topical finasteride studies are the serum DHT inhibition. If the topical version inhibits Serum DHT that same as oral, then you are still essentially causing some of the same system "damage" as the oral. That said, the system Finasteride in the body is dramatically less when used topically.

The interesting thing about the P-3074 formulation is the vehicle used to carry it (Chitosan). It essentially limits system absorption (not completely). What's more interesting is if you read the study, the LOWEST dose seemed to be the most effective and also systemically only inhibited DHT 25% vs about 70-75% with oral. The scalp DHT inhibition was the same if not better than oral Finasteride last I remember (in the 100μL dose). Also, systemic levels of Finasteride were reduced by a factor of 18-20.

Some of the other formulations of topical Finasteride show a similar DHT inhibitory effect to the oral. This is a no-go ... sure you lower your system finasteride absorption, but you are still affecting DHT systemically.

So, there are more things that people on here may want to pay attention to. Insulin resistance is also a major factor in male pattern baldness. I can't post the studies yet, because I'm a new member, but they show that higher levels of insulin (due to insulin resistance) correlate to higher levels of male pattern baldness. Eating refined sugars, wheat, etc is going to increase your hair loss according to research.

An endocrinologist friend of mine does not want me to be on Propecia (I had an FUE transplant at a very reputable Doctor in NY 4 years ago and the results were amazing). His advice was basically Vit D3 at least 5000/day, 3k Omega 3s, 100 alpha lipoic acid, and on androgel to increase the T a little bit. Low T can also lead to insulin resistance.

That's it for now!

p.s. diet matters
androgel.... he told you to take testosterone replacement? this could be a disaster for your hair! I understand the other benefits to taking it but be careful if you have a good libido etc already. Have you not lost a boat load of hair from it?

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
It is interesting that the P-3074 formulation is a chitosan that limits systemic absorption of finasteride. In the 100

So, some interesting thigs about P-3074. First, one of the things people seem to be ignoring in the topical finasteride studies are the serum DHT inhibition. If the topical version inhibits Serum DHT that same as oral, then you are still essentially causing some of the same system "damage" as the oral. That said, the system Finasteride in the body is dramatically less when used topically.

The interesting thing about the P-3074 formulation is the vehicle used to carry it (Chitosan). It essentially limits system absorption (not completely). What's more interesting is if you read the study, the LOWEST dose seemed to be the most effective and also systemically only inhibited DHT 25% vs about 70-75% with oral. The scalp DHT inhibition was the same if not better than oral Finasteride last I remember (in the 100μL dose). Also, systemic levels of Finasteride were reduced by a factor of 18-20.

Some of the other formulations of topical Finasteride show a similar DHT inhibitory effect to the oral. This is a no-go ... sure you lower your system finasteride absorption, but you are still affecting DHT systemically.

So, there are more things that people on here may want to pay attention to. Insulin resistance is also a major factor in male pattern baldness. I can't post the studies yet, because I'm a new member, but they show that higher levels of insulin (due to insulin resistance) correlate to higher levels of male pattern baldness. Eating refined sugars, wheat, etc is going to increase your hair loss according to research.

An endocrinologist friend of mine does not want me to be on Propecia (I had an FUE transplant at a very reputable Doctor in NY 4 years ago and the results were amazing). His advice was basically Vit D3 at least 5000/day, 3k Omega 3s, 100 alpha lipoic acid, and on androgel to increase the T a little bit. Low T can also lead to insulin resistance.

That's it for now!

p.s. diet matters

Buddy, watch out as quite a few reports of ALA causing hair loss unless taken with Biotin

http://www.regrowth.com/hair-loss-forums/topic/alpha-lipoic-acid-causes-hair-loss/

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why tf do you need to go off-topic in every thread.

paul2222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Buddy, watch out as quite a few reports of ALA causing hair loss unless taken with Biotin

http://www.regrowth.com/hair-loss-forums/topic/alpha-lipoic-acid-causes-hair-loss/

Hey, thanks so much for the heads up. I really appreciate it. You may have saved me from a disaster! I wonder if taking biotin with it will neutralize the effects as it appears ALA can really have tremendous long term benefits for increasing insulin sensitivity. I'm going to stop the ALA for now and see if the side-effects can be offset by biotin.

paul2222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know where we can get P-3074 in the USA? My compounding pharmacy is not able to get the
Hydroxypropyl chitosan (HPCH) ... they have suggested alternatives for the vehicle such as Hydroxypropyl Cellulose NF but there is no way to know how it acts as a vehicle in terms of both systemic and scalp penetration. Just mixing it in an alcohol solution is not what any of us looking for as the vehicle needs to prevent as much system absorption as possible, act in a manner that will allow gradual scalp absorption throughout the day. The chitosan (which I think comes from crustaceans?) is not only a natural solution, but appears to be highly effective in minimizing system effects. About 25% system DHT depletion as opposed to about 75% with oral F. Also scalp DHT is levels are similar between the 3074 and the oral.

Any thoughts on this? thank you

paul2222

My Regimen
Reaction score

I did quite a bit more research on this ...

There have been some anecdotal stories of ALA causing hair loss, but I can't seem to find any study that shows this. Also, there is at least one ALA producer that includes biotin in it. Another interesting thing is (hopefully I remember this correctly), ALA can decrease the effectiveness of drugs used to treat hypothyroidism. If you decrease the effectiveness, the hair loss continues.

That said, I'm only on 100 a day of ALA.

Hasson an Wong are using some type of a formulation that also seems to limit the serum DHT inhibition by a factor of 3 compared to oral F, and I believe the serum F levels are about 18-20x lower.

Finally, I wish some compounding pharmacy in the US would have that Hydroxypropyl Chitosan used in P-3074 - There is a Hydroxypropyl Cellulose available, but can't find any data to support systemic absorption using that vehicle.

So, we all wait!

Nextjohns

My Regimen
Reaction score

That's it for now!

p.s. diet matters
This is dumb.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be nice if Polichem gave an update now that phase III is completed. It does appear likely that it will be released but given the FDA approval timetable, it would be late 2018 or worse.

I know this forum is all about the new shiny objects, but there's still no commercially available topical anti-adrogen for targeting the scalp.

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of a new possible treament especially after what has happened with Brotzu this afternoon. Hope these guys are legit!

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like the idea of a new possible treament especially after what has happened with Brotzu this afternoon. Hope these guys are legit!

They're real, they are responsible for quite a lot of different drugs that are on the market and are owned by a big European pharmaceutical called Almirall.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would expect an update in the Q2 conference call. Same with Breezula