Polichem P-3074 Phase 3 Completion In Feb 2018

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In case of Brotzu you may be right, nobody knows for sure. Nontheless I cannot believe that he is telling us lies. This is not snake oil. Definetely not snake oil.

The question is how efficient is it?

But if you compare Shiseido with topical finasteride, I would choose Shiseido. I dont take finasteride... I would maybe take it If I go back in 2012 but Definetely not now. I dont play with my hormones. I don't want to hear something about only a few get sides... But if you get sides they could be permanent and then my dear friends you are fucked. If you havent started, don't take it! We are very close to 2018. Does nit make sense to start with finasteride today....
One year is a long long time, people can lose a whole norwood in just one year. I plan to start Finasteride in september. Hopefully I won't need it for more than a year. I know the risks I'm taking my chances because I know that if I loose a norwood I might not be able to gain it back. It sucks but it is what it is :(

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question...

Is this just a optimized version of Hassan and Wong's topical formulation?

No, hasson and Wong is a massive dose of finasteride attached to these molecules that supposedly doesn't go systemic. What i read us that people tried it and it went systemic.

Polichem has a different philosophy. They lower the dose, so that there's enough finasteride for the skin, but not enough for the blood.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't cause side effects.

At a lower dose there might be less 5ar inhibition in the blood and in the cerebrospinal fluid.

1 mg/day, the standard dose, completely saturates 5ar inhibition in the skin, and thus there's tons of extra finasteride for every other body part that might be affected.

What polichem might do is figure out the minimal effective dose and sell it to us.

Reaction score
Ah I see, well I have tried Hassan and Wong's formulation and the side effects were reduced and post poned compared to normal finasteride.. but definitely still experienced side effects. Also tried RU and had increasing heart pulpations and after one night of drinking thought I was going to have a heart attack (heart was beating out of my chest) so I stopped that to... so lets hope something will work!

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
I know everyone has eyes out for something more new than just topical finasteride but I think other than sheseido this seems to be the only thing close enough and confirmed in phase 3 trial. Does anyone who knows about this wanna share any details on if this may offer regrowth? Either way I'm heading towards Norwood 3 and having something that can halt my baldness until something better comes out is stil very essential for me.

Hey I looked on their news feed and couldn't find anything. Can you drop a link for where you found this? Just curious. Not trolling.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah I see, well I have tried Hassan and Wong's formulation and the side effects were reduced and post poned compared to normal finasteride.. but definitely still experienced side effects. Also tried RU and had increasing heart pulpations and after one night of drinking thought I was going to have a heart attack (heart was beating out of my chest) so I stopped that to... so lets hope something will work!
I dont think we will ever have a treatment that is totally side effect free, maybe brotzus lotion. But, H&W is the safest thing you can get at the moment and imo its worth it, im looking forward to their topical dutasteride.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Explain to me how it wouldn't
Well firstly, it's the delivery method. The lotion has liposomal delivery, those liposomes theoretically should anchor the active substance in the skin, so that should limit the amount that gets in to the blood. Secondly, the ingredients of the lotion don't seems strong enough to cause sides even if it would go systemic, maybe the equol could cause a raise in estrogen in very high quantities, but besides that, l-carnitine and DGLA seem safe.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its the equol I'm worried about.
We'll see.
Equol should directly bind to DHT, not 5AR. Even if it were to cause sides, i think they won't even come close to the sides that finasteride can cause for example.

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
From the phase I. Surely it's gotten even better since then with dosing.

... revealing a finasteride systemic exposure 15 times lower in the topical formulation....

...Serum DHT was reduced by only -24/-26% with 100 and 200 μL P-3074...

1mg oral finasteride changes serum DHT by around -70%, so only -25% is pretty great.

their delivery is supposed to form a film to prevent absorbtion (https://www.google.com/patents/US8303997)

phase III is 450 people. if there are sides, we will hear about them. and hopefully they will determine a good dose.

even if there are sides, I bet the risk and severity will be much lower. if this sh*t works, it's a cure for at least a small population.

I will try polichem when it's available if there is no better solution by then.

I wonder if any german posters on this board or others are in the trial.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah sh*t happens sometimes with f*****g technology. My MacBook passed away last week, hard drive failure.

I think that you can be cautious optimistic for polichem. They're doing what should have been done twenty years ago -- getting finasteride to full effectiveness in the skin, while reducing it's presence in the blood. They're doing this by manipulating dosage and delivery vehicle. It's worthwhile research.

They need to find a way to make it topical with NO systemic absorption.

abcdefg

Reaction score
They need to find a way to make it topical with NO systemic absorption.

You cant do it. We need a time machine too why hasnt anyone made that yet? id love to have one. Unfortunately real life is not always as simple as star trek might make it sound

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the information!

4 months to wait. Hope their formula will work and become the better alternative to oral finasteride.
Part of me can't wait for something new.
Part of me is very scared for children, women and animals who may come into contact with the topical. Seems like a great way to invite people to sue.
Part of me thinks it's just finasteride so it isn't even that great.
Part of me hopes for sideless finasteride.

:\

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Part of me can't wait for something new.
Part of me is very scared for children, women and animals who may come into contact with the topical. Seems like a great way to invite people to sue.
Part of me thinks it's just finasteride so it isn't even that great.
Part of me hopes for sideless finasteride.

:\
So you got 3 parts?