Polichem P-3074 Phase 3 Completion In Feb 2018

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Part of me is very scared for children, women and animals who may come into contact with the topical. Seems like a great way to invite people to sue.
Yeah, it would be the concern for many people. But personally, I wouldn't care because I don't have kids and animals. And if I used topical Finasteride I would notify my GF about that.

Usually, nobody else doesn't touch my head.

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
My one question about this is, is this study for FDA approval or just approval in Europe? It'd be nice if it meant FDA approval, but I think this is EU only.

Also, why are they doing a phase 3 study on it when Hasson & Wong are producing and selling topical finasteride (I imagine legally) without any study?

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My one question about this is, is this study for FDA approval or just approval in Europe? It'd be nice if it meant FDA approval, but I think this is EU only.

Also, why are they doing a phase 3 study on it when Hasson & Wong are producing and selling topical finasteride (I imagine legally) without any study?
In my opinion Hasson and Wongs topical finasteride isn't as good as polichems, it hasn't had the strenuous studies done to their product like polichem has, if they weren't world renowned surgeons that know wtf they're doing I'd call them snake oil salemen.

abcdefg

Reaction score
It could have less sides and be an alternative for people that cant use oral finasteride but its for sure going to be a much higher priced version of finasteride. Probably better off from a money stand point just using oral anyway unless you cant.

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if they call it Jolly Rancher Hard Candy Topical Version, I'll never touch a feminizing drug again.

Baldnomore101

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this in FDA trials or just in Europe trials? All I can tell is it's in Europe. So USA will have to wait longer to see this

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
This is pretty big considering all other treatments where studies were meant to be completed on have been pushed back. I know its the same drug as before, i know i know. I too have been skeptical of how it could work when I thought the idea of finasteride was that it has to go systematic in order to reduce the dht in blood BUT I dont know anything and if it can work locally and this study can prove that it has very very little systematic absorption then this is great news in my opinion and many of us should be happy about the fact there is something possibly out there for us within this year that can at least maintain and not have sides..... maybe.

The question then would then be how long would it be until it was released if the results came back positive

I can understand that if people have been stung by finasteride before they think no way would they be happy about this but if the drug can work by not going systematic and their are no sides then the toxic side of this is negated, im just suprised despite its negative past that more people arnt talking about this considering it could be a potential legit not far away treatment

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this page claims that the study is completed in following countries on 5th march.
any comments?

Attachments

• E6EAA151-A98D-40B2-84BF-E22399566FB7.png
    E6EAA151-A98D-40B2-84BF-E22399566FB7.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 320

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Studies got completed but we are just waiting on the results, Im not sure anyone actually knows when they will be released though

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have conducted 3 trials right?
now we have to wait for the results and possible launch?

max310

Established Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't touch this stuff on my dead corpse. What the point of having hair when I become same like a b**ch!

Last edited:

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
I may be missing something, but how can finasteride work when applied topical and if stays only in the scalp.

DHT is produced all over the body, and especially in the testes - it then goes straight into the blood and will arrive in the scalp and thus will hit the hair.

How can shutting down DHT production in scalp cells only have a significant impact to blood levels?

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone here speak swiss? If i knew their team spoke english I would ring to ask if there is a time that they anticipate the study may be released, might not answer me but worth a try

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it gets absorbed anyways and over time builds in the bloodstream, resulting in less effective results since the dosage is quite smaller than your typical 1mg orally. There is no selective pattern nor there will ever be one topically. Inhibiting the most potent androgen that goes in skin, bone, testicles and brain will have consequences. The future is multiplying grafts and expanding donor maximum numbers. Forget any other type of treatment, especially topicals.

ignore this pseudoscience. the answer is because, with regards to balding the 5 alpha reductase enzyme is expressed in the scalp. even dutasteride won't fully reduce scalp DHT production. better delivery methods, would theoretically give better results, as the actions of DHT are paracrine in the scalp.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I may be missing something, but how can finasteride work when applied topical and if stays only in the scalp.

DHT is produced all over the body, and especially in the testes - it then goes straight into the blood and will arrive in the scalp and thus will hit the hair.

How can shutting down DHT production in scalp cells only have a significant impact to blood levels?

I believe the working theory is ar5 enzymes are very close to the hair follicle ARs hence more DHT will bind locally with the receptor, the effects are further compounded by the increased ar5 activity in the scalp. Very little free DHT carried by the blood will be activating the AR at the rate of locally produced DHT.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Thats the big question with its mechanism really, some people theorise that it could work by effecting the DHT locally

I dont see why its a big mystery. Applying it locally should most strongly inhibit the 5 ar2 there in the blood near the scalp, and just dilute further out it goes in the body. Its the DHT local to the scalp that is the problem not systemic DHT levels. All you need to do is inhibit 5 ar 2 local to the scalp, but there is no way on earth it doesnt go systemic to some degree still
At 30 years after propecia beggars cant be choosers. Anything is better then the same 2 things whether its a reformulation or anything

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont see why its a big mystery. Applying it locally should most strongly inhibit the 5 ar2 there in the blood near the scalp, and just dilute further out it goes in the body. Its the DHT local to the scalp that is the problem not systemic DHT levels. All you need to do is inhibit 5 ar 2 local to the scalp, but there is no way on earth it doesnt go systemic to some degree still
At 30 years after propecia beggars cant be choosers. Anything is better then the same 2 things whether its a reformulation or anything
Well i think its yet to be totally 100% proven if thats true or not, I was hoping we would find out from these latest studies