Please Keep This Thread Alive With Pictures Of Your Hair System

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you make of all the long-time wig wearers out there?
I agree 100%. This is why I went with a system for gratification. However we cannot turn a blind eye to the health risks associated with it.

The thought of the toxicity of adhesives never really crossed my mind. Have you read any literature on the dangers of these glues?

What do you make of all the long-term toupee-wearers in Hollywood, a la William Shatner?

My biggest is I HATE wearing my pieces to sleep. I'm on day 6 or 7 with a new unit, and I can't imagine how you guys do 2-3 weeks...

II.

What makes monofilament pieces better for daily wear?

When I first got into wearing, I thought I'd be routinely removing - but I've found it's just too stressful on my French Lace.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you make of all the long-time wig wearers out there?

The thought of the toxicity of adhesives never really crossed my mind. Have you read any literature on the dangers of these glues?

What do you make of all the long-term toupee-wearers in Hollywood, a la William Shatner?

My biggest is I HATE wearing my pieces to sleep. I'm on day 6 or 7 with a new unit, and I can't imagine how you guys do 2-3 weeks...

II.

What makes monofilament pieces better for daily wear?

When I first got into wearing, I thought I'd be routinely removing - but I've found it's just too stressful on my French Lace.
Well that's the thing. Nobody studies long-term effects of the adhesives. And the FDA does not regulate the items as their cosmetic and stated in the literature not to get on your skin.

However, if you look at the MSDS sheets and look up each individual chemical that's in you will see that each has its own set of risks.

Mono has no benefit it's junk 50 year old technology and it's essentially fishing string.

I think with all the cancer out there especially the major uptick in lymphoma who knows what's the cause it but I certainly think that these chemicals are one of the things that can...

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanted to make a comment about "hairline contours". One of the things I learned during my master class, in London. Human hairlines are NOT perfect, so hair system hairlines don't need to be, either. Take that into consideration when ordering a custom system.

As a matter of fact a low or overly straight hairline looks ridiculous on a man.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well that's the thing. Nobody studies long-term effects of the adhesives. And the FDA does not regulate the items as their cosmetic and stated in the literature not to get on your skin.

However, if you look at the MSDS sheets and look up each individual chemical that's in you will see that each has its own set of risks.

Mono has no benefit it's junk 50 year old technology and it's essentially fishing string.

ROFL ROFL. But why is it considered the most "durable" option, the option best suited for nightly removal?

From what I can see in pics, it looks more or less like lace, w/ additional PU reinforcement not unlike what you could on any unit...

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's my present S7 French by Lord. Of the 5 pieces I've had, it's among the two I've had cut in at the hands of a stylist.

Makes a big, big difference.

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 649

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
ROFL ROFL. But why is it considered the most "durable" option, the option best suited for nightly removal?

From what I can see in pics, it looks more or less like lace, w/ additional PU reinforcement not unlike what you could on any unit...
Because it's a very thick super dense straight up wig. It won't last forever but it looks like a rug.... it does look similar to Lee sin that it looks checkerboard. The difference is is the material is a wielded plastic string.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score

Duct tape is a very durable thing for repairs. Would you repair a diamond ring with it? :)

Last edited:

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it's a very thick super dense straight up wig. It won't last forever but it looks like a rug.... it does look similar to Lee sin that it looks checkerboard. The difference is is the material is a wielded plastic string.

see my other post about online buying. Got a monofilament piece and not all that bad, density is fine, not rug looking, but much thicker lace though...if you want to share your experience with mono, let's keep sharing in my other post...

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
@cottonReville Now I see why women don't care when you tell them you wear a system. They just see your handsome masculine bones and think "oh well let him be vain he's a top genetic specimen with or without the hair and I want his children." If you had a potato face with a weak jaw they wouldn't be so kind.

DavidBelfast

My Regimen
Reaction score
@cottonReville Now I see why women don't care when you tell them you wear a system. They just see your handsome masculine bones and think "oh well let him be vain he's a top genetic specimen with or without the hair and I want his children." If you had a potato face with a weak jaw they wouldn't be so kind.

As a man with a receding jaw and hairline combo, I feel triggered by this comment... ;)

Fanjeera

Reaction score
He tells all the women :O? Any post about it?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
see my other post about online buying. Got a monofilament piece and not all that bad, density is fine, not rug looking, but much thicker lace though...if you want to share your experience with mono, let's keep sharing in my other post...
Sorry, where is that?

And what about it makes it suitable for daily wear?