Please Keep This Thread Alive With Pictures Of Your Hair System

Noah

Reaction score
Superb look, Diesel Guy. One of the best low density units I have seen.

BJM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice colour match and good density. Is this a lace system?

One of the problems I have is that I use UTS with v-looped hair and that makes it too bouncy, whereas I prefer hair that falls flatter (a bit like yours) because it looks more natural.

Hi, its a lace front but poly everywhere else. Had the same for years now.

DavidBelfast

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got mine from MH2GO London

Thanks for the info - I'll check them out - how long do you typically get from a system? Did MH2GO make your template as well?

I’m 55 yrs old, so I want to make sure I have some thinning and recession in the hairline so I look age appropriate. The first photo is the casual every day hairstyle
The second image, same hair system, just styled for a more formal event and. Mor product in my hair.

My color match is light brown ( don’t know the number) with 40% gray. I prefer synthetic gray over natural.

Wow! I didn't even know that was possible. Nobody would guess in a million years. Do you have to replace your system more frequently since it's thinner?

DavidBelfast

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually @Diesel guy 's wonderful result illustrates exactly what I was saying in my other topic about a small transplant of the temporal triangle (for those who have lost it) possibly being a very safe option for those who want to combine a transplant with a system.

So basically if you don't have your temporal triangle any more (which I've highlighted below), get it restored using a few hundred grafts, and then design a hairline which matches the recession of the hair above this (the part of the hairline that gradually provides the transition from side hair to hair on top) - this will receed slightly over time and you can adjust your system accordingly, but the temporal triangle (since it's on the side of the head) will look good regardless, and you'll still have enough donor hair to restore any loss that might happen behind it:

Temp Triangle.jpg

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info - I'll check them out - how long do you typically get from a system? Did MH2GO make your template as well?

Wow! I didn't even know that was possible. Nobody would guess in a million years. Do you have to replace your system more frequently since it's thinner?

I am just coming up on my one year hair-anniversary - so still relatively new to this. But I was adamant in how I wanted the density of my hair to be. The salon I used started me off as a Medium density - and I lost my sh*t at the results. WAY too thick! So they thinned it out a lot, and from that point, I moved to a Medium-lite density. From here we thin it out to where it needs to be. I wanted to move to a lite density, but I am always talked out of it for that very reason - it will thin and not hold up.

(My profile photo is my first system after we thinned and shortened out. It looks good, but still a tad too thick overall.)

I just moved back up to replacing the system every 8 weeks - and it seems to hold up well. I don't know that I can get another month out of it though.

DavidBelfast

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am just coming up on my one year hair-anniversary - so still relatively new to this. But I was adamant in how I wanted the density of my hair to be. The salon I used started me off as a Medium density - and I lost my sh*t at the results. WAY too thick! So they thinned it out a lot, and from that point, I moved to a Medium-lite density. From here we thin it out to where it needs to be. I wanted to move to a lite density, but I am always talked out of it for that very reason - it will thin and not hold up.

(My profile photo is my first system after we thinned and shortened out. It looks good, but still a tad too thick overall.)

I just moved back up to replacing the system every 8 weeks - and it seems to hold up well. I don't know that I can get another month out of it though.

Very interesting. I don't think I could afford a new system every 8 weeks but there's no denying how impressive the result you are getting is.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
View attachment 130083 View attachment 130082
A couple of holiday pics from the summer - this was a nice unit which I just recently retired. It is 4-months-old in the pics, Swiss lace, glued hairline. It's funny how you really warm to some systems and not others not so much. This one always felt snug and comfortable, the front lace always disappeared without a fuss, I always felt good wearing it. Quite sad to see it go into the "dead unit" bag at the back of the wardrobe.

Noah

I can't belive I am looking at actually NW6 guys with so good side hair and temple points. Are you really NW6?

Almost all NW6s I see in real life have quite shitty temples too.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
_20191014_230212.JPG _20191014_225755.JPG _20191014_225659.JPG DSC_0047.JPG DSC_0046.JPG DSC_0043.JPG

Random daily work look without any effort or maintenance. But I've actually got so lazy that I've started caring less about how my haircut looks. I guess the long hair just looks good enough on its own. I hope long hair is on its own a distraction that will take the attention away from the hairline as I am too lazy to expose it much. Maybe the quality is too bad to analyze the hairline for you :(.

I got 2 identical systems: one fitted in the beginning of may and the other in the beginning of june. So this system is 2 or 3 months old. Hopefully half to go still.

Last edited:

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting. I don't think I could afford a new system every 8 weeks but there's no denying how impressive the result you are getting is.
I can't afford it either - this is why I am working so hard to find the formula to extend the life of my system. Also, I have yet to even begin to understand how someone can do this by themselves. Between cutting the unit, to attaching it - how one person does it just blows my mind. And a mistake can be very costly.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The violent difference in colour is more to do with the photography than the reality LOL, although I will admit it was a good summer.

The sad truth is that if you are a guy who wears a piece you can no longer get unalloyed pleasure from women running their fingers through your hair . But yes, I do let them touch my hair, although I can’t say I am totally relaxed about it. So far so good though: since I have been wearing the fine lace pieces I have never had anyone spot anything. I think if they don’t start off with the initial suspicion that there is something odd about my hair, it would have to be fairly blatant for them to pick up anything in the sort of context we are talking about. I am usually trying to arrange alternative distractions, so the hair is not the main show! Also, you need a snug-fitting piece, so no overlaps or wrinkles.

I am getting a bit of thinning, but usually the close-cropped haircut conceals it pretty well. Maybe I needed a haircut, or maybe it is just a trick of the light. They’re not the best photos.
Hey I don't understand this part: How the hell are you thinning if it's a hair system? That's not your hair at all, does your scalp detect that there's a system being worn and it sends the androgens to the hair system to start the thinning process???

Noah

Reaction score
Hey I don't understand this part: How the hell are you thinning if it's a hair system? That's not your hair at all, does your scalp detect that there's a system being worn and it sends the androgens to the hair system to start the thinning process???

It's not a full wig - only the hair on top is prosthetic. The side hair is my own natural hair. That is the bit that is thinning a bit.

Noah

Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Ordinary male pattern baldness can fairly often include some recession and thinning on the sides, although it is rare to lose them completely. But loss of temple definition is a familiar problem on this forum. The back is safer, although in a few cases that can thin too.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Ordinary male pattern baldness can fairly often include some recession and thinning on the sides, although it is rare to lose them completely. But loss of temple definition is a familiar problem on this forum. The back is safer, although in a few cases that can thin too.
If I PM you my pics could you tell me possibly what Norwood I am currently?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's mine.... Stock poly #18

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191014-224235_QuickPic.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-224235_QuickPic.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 740
  • Screenshot_20191014-224300_QuickPic.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-224300_QuickPic.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 734
  • Screenshot_20191014-224341_QuickPic.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-224341_QuickPic.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 828
  • Screenshot_20191014-224507_QuickPic.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-224507_QuickPic.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 743
  • Screenshot_20191014-224212_QuickPic.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-224212_QuickPic.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 753
  • Screenshot_20191014-224430_QuickPic.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-224430_QuickPic.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 721
  • Screenshot_20191014-224404_QuickPic.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-224404_QuickPic.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 729

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't afford it either - this is why I am working so hard to find the formula to extend the life of my system. Also, I have yet to even begin to understand how someone can do this by themselves. Between cutting the unit, to attaching it - how one person does it just blows my mind. And a mistake can be very costly.

@Diesel guy you have nailed the look -- it is amazing.

I am in my 40s and I find my density is too high as well, and the salon always tries to talk me out of lower densities. My pics are earlier on this thread and I will also put my latest (new system) pics up soon.

The benefit of a bit more density is of course that the system lasts longer. I got 8 months out of my last system, though it did need some extra maintenance in the last 3 months or so. Actually my systems are probably in the "perfect" stage from month 2 to month 5, approximately. They shed just that 'right' amount and leave me with a lower density and flatter hair. I really don't like 'bouncy' hair!

The other thing is that I wear UTS. It's incredibly easy to maintain and really comfortable, but it seems that lower density and non-bouncy hair isn't possible with UTS. I would love to be corrected on this!

@Diesel guy is yours a lace system?

DavidBelfast

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't belive I am looking at actually NW6 guys with so good side hair and temple points. Are you really NW6?

Almost all NW6s I see in real life have quite shitty temples too.

Yeah my temple points were gone before I was even a norwood 3!

Wtf, I thought the hair on the sides and in the back were completely immune to androgens?

Nope. This is where I feel that hair transplant surgeons are dishonest with young men - sides and back hair does thin significantly in many men when they get older. Look at bald men in their 50's, 60's and 70's and many of them only have a 'horshoe' of hair that is so thin and fine that a transplant scar of any kind will be highly visible.

For that reason I think it's more likely than not that, at some point in your life, you will become unhappy with the results of even the best hair transplants.

Last edited: