Please Keep This Thread Alive With Pictures Of Your Hair System

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New system today....

Nice colour match and good density. Is this a lace system?

One of the problems I have is that I use UTS with v-looped hair and that makes it too bouncy, whereas I prefer hair that falls flatter (a bit like yours) because it looks more natural.

Noah

Reaction score
IMG_1542.JPG IMG_1543.JPG
A couple of holiday pics from the summer - this was a nice unit which I just recently retired. It is 4-months-old in the pics, Swiss lace, glued hairline. It's funny how you really warm to some systems and not others not so much. This one always felt snug and comfortable, the front lace always disappeared without a fuss, I always felt good wearing it. Quite sad to see it go into the "dead unit" bag at the back of the wardrobe.

Noah

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Noah A blonde in one pic, a brunette in the other. I see the system saw some action. Do you let women play with your hair? My system isn't perfectly attached because the base doesn't perfectly match my bald template, so it's definitely easy to find/feel the perimeter with your fingers. But I'd imagine that even if it were perfectly attached it would be risky business to let a woman go to town on your hair.

Btw is your right side thinning or is that just bad lighting in the second pic? My right side looks similar and I'm starting to freak out a little.

Noah

Reaction score
The violent difference in colour is more to do with the photography than the reality LOL, although I will admit it was a good summer.

The sad truth is that if you are a guy who wears a piece you can no longer get unalloyed pleasure from women running their fingers through your hair . But yes, I do let them touch my hair, although I can’t say I am totally relaxed about it. So far so good though: since I have been wearing the fine lace pieces I have never had anyone spot anything. I think if they don’t start off with the initial suspicion that there is something odd about my hair, it would have to be fairly blatant for them to pick up anything in the sort of context we are talking about. I am usually trying to arrange alternative distractions, so the hair is not the main show! Also, you need a snug-fitting piece, so no overlaps or wrinkles.

I am getting a bit of thinning, but usually the close-cropped haircut conceals it pretty well. Maybe I needed a haircut, or maybe it is just a trick of the light. They’re not the best photos.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 130083 View attachment 130082
A couple of holiday pics from the summer - this was a nice unit which I just recently retired. It is 4-months-old in the pics, Swiss lace, glued hairline. It's funny how you really warm to some systems and not others not so much. This one always felt snug and comfortable, the front lace always disappeared without a fuss, I always felt good wearing it. Quite sad to see it go into the "dead unit" bag at the back of the wardrobe.

Noah

You may need to see an ophthalmologist!

:D

Fanjeera

Reaction score
My turn
First pic in July when piece was cut in. Was a bit wavy. Custom piece (NWL) 1b, 100%grey at hairline, then gradual greying to 80% at back. Light density, swiss lace with poly side and back.

Other pics taken today, after 3 months. Shedded a bit and soon at end of life. Now very straight now.View attachment 130010 View attachment 130011 View attachment 130012 View attachment 130013 View attachment 130014
Is that a specific hairline contour? Never seen such a beautiful hairline.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a style I would be very happy with - how long do you find a system lasts? Does it require less maintenance because you aren't exposing the hairline?

I don't have hairline issues when I use the Lace Support THIN contours from Walkers (thanks @Noah). But I prefer the "No shine", as they are easier to clean up after. With the Lace Support, thin tapes, there is no lifting after a week.

My systems last about six months. I have synthetic grey, and all double knots except for the hairline. This, combined with no bleached knots results in almost no shedding. So even though I have a medium-light density, I get on average, six months out of a system.

S.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanted to make a comment about "hairline contours". One of the things I learned during my master class, in London. Human hairlines are NOT perfect, so hair system hairlines don't need to be, either. Take that into consideration when ordering a custom system.

DavidBelfast

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have hairline issues when I use the Lace Support THIN contours from Walkers (thanks @Noah). But I prefer the "No shine", as they are easier to clean up after. With the Lace Support, thin tapes, there is no lifting after a week.

My systems last about six months. I have synthetic grey, and all double knots except for the hairline. This, combined with no bleached knots results in almost no shedding. So even though I have a medium-light density, I get on average, six months out of a system.

S.

Thanks for the reply. I'm 35 and I'm at the point where I'm gonna have to shave my head or figure out some way to 'replace' my hair.

I don't think I can cope with having a shaved head - just don't think it would look like 'me' in the mirror. I'm a tall skinny guy with no chin and I'd look awful bald. It gives me some hope that a hair system might be a possibility.

How long have you been wearing, and do you find that many people 'notice'? I figure even if they do, wearing hair will still look better on some guys than being bald.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm 35 and I'm at the point where I'm gonna have to shave my head or figure out some way to 'replace' my hair.

I don't think I can cope with having a shaved head - just don't think it would look like 'me' in the mirror. I'm a tall skinny guy with no chin and I'd look awful bald. It gives me some hope that a hair system might be a possibility.

How long have you been wearing, and do you find that many people 'notice'? I figure even if they do, wearing hair will still look better on some guys than being bald.

You can PM me, and I can go into detail.

In a word, no. People who have never seen me without hair have no idea.

Many people who knew me before said "with such beautiful hair, I don't understand why you shaved it all those years".

Contact me, we can chat further.

S.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanted to make a comment about "hairline contours". One of the things I learned during my master class, in London. Human hairlines are NOT perfect, so hair system hairlines don't need to be, either. Take that into consideration when ordering a custom system.

This is SO important and always ignored by system manufacturers (and even salons). The salon designing your template will not draw an imperfect hairline and manufacturer will not create an imperfect hairline... because it's harder for them and perhaps in their mind they think a "perfect" hairline is a uniform one. My custom piece has the same problem.

I take a pair of nail scissors to my hairline now. I create my own imperfect hairline.

DavidBelfast

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can PM me, and I can go into detail.

In a word, no. People who have never seen me without hair have no idea.

Many people who knew me before said "with such beautiful hair, I don't understand why you shaved it all those years".

Contact me, we can chat further.

S.

Thank you, I will send you a PM later tonight.

I have long suspect that, if done right, the vast majority of people will not notice a system. People are not looking at your hair in detail, they are just aware of it on the periphery, i.e. if it's there or not.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that a specific hairline contour? Never seen such a beautiful hairline.
Thanks. Working hard at concealing that hairline LOL

I always order A contour which best fits my head. It meets my temples (and blends)perfectly. Given I have grey hair at hairline, I don't have the knots showing through..

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I once had a c contour piece and hated it. Looked like a wig and ended up cutting it..
front-contour-shape.jpg
front-contour-shape.jpg

Contours depend a lot on head shape and age ( or recession)
I prefer to get a A contour so I don't need to cut into the graduated hairline and the tape shape fits.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 55 yrs old, so I want to make sure I have some thinning and recession in the hairline so I look age appropriate. The first photo is the casual every day hairstyle
The second image, same hair system, just styled for a more formal event and. Mor product in my hair.

My color match is light brown ( don’t know the number) with 40% gray. I prefer synthetic gray over natural.

Attachments

• 796BA014-474C-4072-8461-7D26FE5EABE3.jpeg
    796BA014-474C-4072-8461-7D26FE5EABE3.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 796
  • 7D3E2CE7-4574-4CEA-BF4A-4B5F6B0856D4.jpeg
    7D3E2CE7-4574-4CEA-BF4A-4B5F6B0856D4.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 791