"paying For It" By Chester Brown - Tales From Norwood Cemetery

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know I am minority here but found Zuckerberg's wife quite attractive (tan, with makeup and before childbirth of course). She has amazing dark hair.

blackg

Reaction score
Is this really happening? In all my time I've never seen such cocksuckery.
I don't think Dante deliberately sucks Fred off. I just think those two are of the same mindset.
In real life I'm sure these two guys would just hang together and shoot the breeze while maybe watching sports.

I don't see anything wrong with Dante and Fred's relationship.
In fact I think it's quite healthy for both of them.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
This is what happens when you marry a sl*t...

Congratulations to this man...
Instead of admitting that his failure in Marriage(oops,I after reading word relationship and later comments confused me to type this marriage word)was because this women was not good from heart..
He is attributing this to his baldness.

Not all women are like this...
If that's true...then why i have seen so many Western or american profiles were american wife are with bald husband...

Some of the person view's on this site are like virus...
Take an example of Sheryl Sandberg..
His husband was all bald AF..
Still she used to post her pics with him.( he is dead now).
She is one of the most powerful women on Earth..right now .

Also i have seen literally many profiles like such...
Now you can tell such women may be not happy...
Then why they keep such couple pics as a cover pic,profile pic..

Last edited:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is of course impossible to prove that the break-up had anything to do with baldness, but I believe it did. The author and his ex remained very good friends afterwards, and she did care for him; otherwise she would not have allowed him to stay. To me, it is apparent that she was simply not sexually attracted to him anymore (likely due to his advanced balding), and that she played her cards in a way that allowed her to get the best of both worlds within the context of their relationship.
View attachment 42739

You are not bald yourself, neither am I, we can never speak fully to what that experience is like. All I can say is that based on what I have observed, the book is a great illustration of the stark, lonely and loveless lives that bald men often seem to end up living. Personally, I would never be willing to stay with my ex and listen to her have sex with other men. However, I can understand very well the desperation that comes from a lack of options, and how that might drive someone to rationalize that kind of decision. Ditto with the use of prostitutes.

Well to be fair you did read more into it than I have, but my gut instinct is this beta guy who lived with his ex desperately for 3 years after she ditched him, that is not a normal human being right there, so isn't this a bigger factor than hair loss? I'm sure the hair loss didn't help though, of course not, then the thinning pathetic bastard became a bald pathetic bastard.

I see your point though.

I don't think Dante deliberately sucks Fred off. I just think those two are of the same mindset.
In real life I'm sure these two guys would just hang together and shoot the breeze while maybe watching sports.

Man I wish I had your rose-tinted glasses blackg (just joking).

Fine he can have the same mindset but when it's like "Ha Fred destroyed you there!! Blue piller!!!!1" it is really cringeworthy.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really wish I could say something else but it becomes more and more transparent to me the more experience I get. Whether I will get in her pants or not is decided within seconds of meeting her, maybe even before then, and from there on out it's just a question of not tripping up.

The women have actually told me so themselves! Several of them (including the one I'm dating now, the shark eye girl) have confided in me that they met men that they had a lot in common with, that were funny and interesting, but that they immediately realized that they did not find sexually attractive. These men were then brushed off after a few dates. I really wish I had asked them what kind of excuses they gave, but I'm guessing they were of the boilerplate variety: "we're too different", "I'm not ready for a relationship right now", et.c.

I'm not convinced it's a genetical thing, though your genetics do of course determine your baseline. You can make improvements in the way you look that will influence your chances of success. However, I'm entirely disabused of the notion that personality is the key thing that matters when it comes to your chances of having a sexual relationship with a woman. It's 70-80% determined by your looks.

There is a line. It looks like this

Would f***

Would Not f***

Everyone has one and while personality can put you below the line, it will never bring you above it.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thank you. Be careful, you're on h.l.'s blacklist now. :D

10.jpg

resu

Reaction score
We all fawn over beautiful people, men and women. That doesn't mean we can get them for a relationship.

In fact, it's impossible. None of those below-average or average girls are dating male models. There was a study on Okcupid showing that women actually had more realistic standards than men and were more likely to message men who were on the same looks level as her.

Trust me, most homely women learn their lesson after getting pumped and dumped by good-looking guys who just wanted to empty their balls. Those who keep on trying and hope to get a hot guy to commit to them are just stupid.

I've stopped going for girls who are out of my league, it just seems that they're never interested in me. I've dated dozens of girls in my life, and they were practically all on the same level of looks than me.

No girl who could have been a model... but also no ugly girls. Just above average like me. You can't escape this. And women can't either.

Looks is the most important aspect but it's not the only one, I think a lot of these guys are just wimps or guys that don't want to deal with the effort of dating a truly hot chick so they settle for someone that is still attractive to them but not for every single guy out there or it's a compromise.

Same thing happens with really tall guys who date short women, the question is why? Who are short guys going to date? Or guys that are wealthy who date women with not so great social etiquette, they do it because they have the upper hand and don't have to try hard to impress them, they're already impressed to begin with.

Or maybe they lack experience and just want to try it on a minger before moving to the big league.

A lot of women pick tall bald guys to start a family with, maybe they think these bald guys won't get the attention of other women and in return will give them the peace of mind that they aren't being cheated on. My cousin did this, at the time I didn't realize why she did but now I understand since I've seen it time and time again.

resu

Reaction score
Yeah but I was talking about guys who date below their league like Hugh Jackman:

1411607487256_Image_galleryImage_Mandatory_Credit_Photo_by.JPG

Of course people will just mention the romantic love side of things but I believe in a more rational point of view.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Social skills and being able to read signs that women give when they are interested do boost chances of a mans success. I have lost quite a few opportunities in the past because of my inability to read even blatant signs given by women such as them asking, "What are you doing this weekend? or "You look really handsome". These signs may look obvious to someone raised in the west but not for someone like me who was raised in a completely different environment. I was really clueless the way women communicate when I first started college because men and women were pretty segregated in the culture I was raised in. Consequently, the only women I ever communicated were my mom and sisters.
I've just read the thing.
In the Appendix, the author shows that the "social skills" he talks about referred to a time in which he had hair (he draws himself with long fair hair in a flashback).
I have a feeling the author has not fully realized how the whole baldness issue ties into his own story.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't date truly hot women if you're average or even above average, that just does not happen, no matter what PUA's and other delusional people will say.

And if it ever happens, there is an explanation, always. The woman is improving her looks with make-up, push-up bras, high heels, extensions, dying her hair, etc. etc. or the guy has a lot of money and status, then the girl is just a glorified prostitute.

But you cannot date outside of your looks range. It's not that it requires effort, it's just that it's impossible, nature won't allow it.

We don't settle, no man is settling, we just take what we can get. Women decide, and you can be sure that you'll always attract women who are similar to you in terms of looks. Not above, not below.

Exceptions happen, but that's all they are, exceptions. It can be explained, maybe the girl truly finds that guy hot even though we see him as average or even ugly.

But an average guy consistently bedding girls out of his league? Fantasy.

I have a lot of experience with women now, yet I still cannot bed a truly hot chick as you call them.

Yet I have all my basics covered and even more: tall, above-average, blue eyes, good job, money, musician, well-traveled (hate that term), funny, interesting, and so on.

I have sex with lots of girls thanks to my looks and these qualities, and they're not bad-looking at all, some of them pretty cute. But could any of them do modelling? Nope. These very hot chicks are just off-limits for me, and I've accepted that now.

It takes no effort to date a girl who's into you. It's impossible to date a girl who is out of your league.

Looks are always what get your through the door. Countless scientific studies have shown it, and anyone who's living in reality knows this.

Then girls will take your other characteristics into account, it's not like you're the only guy who is her type. She'll use those secondary characteristics (status, humor, personality, etc.) to see who she will pick as a boyfriend.
I have literarily heard a female friend once say "I know he treats me like sh*t but everyone says we look so good together".
SMH.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
The power a pretty face exerts over a woman. This girl would let the boy take a dump in her mouth without thinking about it twice, the majority of women have absolutely no dignity. In front of a good-looking guy, that is.
You can count yourself lucky that you know now how it works. When I was your age (20 years ago), the Internet had barely been invented, women's rights were only in bloom and "what women thought" was just the title of a movie.
Today it is clearer that women think more like men when it comes to mating.
When I was 24, everybody was absolutely convinced that a man's looks where irrelevant to being liked by a lady, and smooth-talking was the ONLY weapon a man could and should use to get laid.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Exactly, it's about not f*****g it up, and some guys seem to have a hard time with this.

A lot of inexperienced guys think getting sex with women is supposed to be extremely hard.

You need to be this muscular (from going to the gym brah!) super-confident über-alpha with loads of money and status, then you need to woo her with your humor, your wits, your personality, and then maybe, maybe she'll agree to have sex with you!

You see what's missing in that sentence? No mention of looks. It's not like it's the most important factor...

It's actually the only factor women consider to give you a chance. It's not like a woman will think "Hey, I don't find him attractive, but let's see if he's funny and intelligent, that might offset the fact that he makes me dry!"

Having sex with women is not hard, not when you have that prerequisite. Zircon can confirm this now. It's not supposed to be this excruciating challenge the PUA and manosphere retards make it up to be.

Their argument that getting women is hard is actually what gives it away the fact that they must not be attractive.

Here's an excerpt from a PUA/manosphere article:

Just LOL! I don't do any of these three things and I get more women that I can handle.

Unfortunately, a lot of young men will be heavily influenced by reading nonsense like this.

It gives them hope. Going to the gym, approaching women (and getting rejected), reading books, all of this is easy (in the sense that it's possible).

Changing your genetics on the other hand...

I really wish I could say something else but it becomes more and more transparent to me the more experience I get. Whether I will get in her pants or not is decided within seconds of meeting her, maybe even before then, and from there on out it's just a question of not tripping up.

The women have actually told me so themselves! Several of them (including the one I'm dating now, the shark eye girl) have confided in me that they met men that they had a lot in common with, that were funny and interesting, but that they immediately realized that they did not find sexually attractive. These men were then brushed off after a few dates. I really wish I had asked them what kind of excuses they gave, but I'm guessing they were of the boilerplate variety: "we're too different", "I'm not ready for a relationship right now", et.c.

I'm not convinced it's a genetical thing, though your genetics do of course determine your baseline. You can make improvements in the way you look that will influence your chances of success. However, I'm entirely disabused of the notion that personality is the key thing that matters when it comes to your chances of having a sexual relationship with a woman. It's 70-80% determined by your looks.

There is so much brutal truth in this thread that this thread should come with a warning at the top about the risk of readers getting mentally crushed.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Zircon, everything you write in this thread is in agreement with what I say but you always argue with me? Can we get along this time?

The guy who wrote that story got uglier so he needed to go for uglier women, instead he kept his standards high and went for prostitutes and from what I've read he says he isn't interested in love, romance, affection or starting a family. His choice but he didn't need to go to prostitutes, he could simply have lowered his standards.

He looks like a junkie too. Maybe he's just naturally very thin or a smoker but to me he looks like he uses drugs.

Just try your luck with women of various levels of attractiveness and you'll get an idea of your level.

It's like sports in many ways, if you are genetically an average footballer (soccer player for American posters) then you can only play with other amateurs for fun, you'll never play for Manchester United in front of 50k people and get 6 figure weekly salaries. When you get to 35 or 40 you can only play with old people your age and it won't be fun anymore so most people retire however good they were in their prime.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe he tried to lower his standards, but had to give up, just like me. His ex, on the other hand, kept her standars sky high: look at her; his new fullhead boyfriend is way more beautiful than that ugly b**ch. But hypergamy spares noone.

Those women that rejected you will learn their lesson as they move through their twenties, they just don't realise they're too ugly to hold down the men they want yet. It will rapidly get better for you as time goes on and in 5 years time the situation you are in will be reversed.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old age doesn't cure baldness and ugliness, it only makes them worse. It will rapidly get worse and worse for me.

A woman's "apex" is age 25, after that she'll steadily get uglier and uglier. However, they'll always find a desperate guy or a beta provider. A man simply can't. Just look at the users in this forum, even balding women can and will find above-average guys.

Actually as a man you really won't get uglier, your skin will stay firm even though it will wrinkle and your body will look exactly the same if not better your whole life if you take care of it. The opposite is true for women. This means your life will get better and better and your demand will only go up.

You need to remember that every single monogomous man is a beta provider, only rock stars like Mick Jagger can say otherwise.