Paul's Propecia Suicide Story/ Propecia Side Effects

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Simply being born a female does not keep you safe from balding.

Within my family, it reduces the chance significantly. Females within my family remain an NW0 all of their life with thick hair. It’s unfair!

Baldingbob123456

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is garbage and represents a SMALL number of people. Like almost negligible. Penis size does not change after puberty, only erection quality. Sure fina can mess with sex but not a permanent penile shrinkage, come on dont be stupid guys. The people who take the time to make these videos and actually complain this much are usually the same emotionally unstable and fear mongering people who complain excessively in all aspects of their lives. I have been on fina for 3 months and have noticed improvements in my hair. I have slight sides but very much outweighed by the fact that im not balding anymore and the stress and anxiety associated with that. The only sides ive experienced is slightly more anxiety and slightly watery semen and slightly reduced sex drive. However none of that is at all life changing for me and impeding. Im a strong person who is capable of overcoming and pushing through. The choice is simple, go bald or keep hair with the small chance of serious sides.

Baldingbob123456

My Regimen
Reaction score
Took it already for 2 years. But yes it did work for hairloss, I had a complete stop of hairloss.

...Also had a complete stop of libido, etc.

Like I said, you guys need to learn the hard way, so please go ahead an pop those fina pills, sooner or later you will sing a different tune.

Pigeon we gotta know your previous level of sex drive and overall health to take you seriously my dude. Are you a naturally unhealthy person who may be more susceptible to sexual sides? Do you have certain emotional traits that make you more susceptible to the mental sides? If you truly care as much as you appear to do by ranting like this, be honest with us with the answers to my questions. Im not trying to assume things with you but i have a STRONG suspicion that the people who get serious sides and then take the time to complain in the internet, already have underlying health conditions both physically and emotionally. Ive been on fina for 3 months and my sides have been minimal if not negligible. All my sides that i did have are from mental aspects like anxiety and depression, however being real with myself i can say i was already prone to that from the beginning. Physically i am a fit person who eats healthy, is muscular with abs and all that and i have been blood test confirmed to have high testosterone. My sex drive is still there and i get hard from almost nothing, even on fina. Please be real with us man.

Baldingbob123456

My Regimen
Reaction score
These "negative connotations" are legit. I also thought these side effects and stories were overblown...untill it happens to you. The side effects are real and in most cases it's a matter of time before you get them.

Blocking one of the most important male hormones for a long time isn't the same as taking aspirin.

Pigeon we gotta know your previous level of sex drive and overall health to take you seriously my dude. Are you a naturally unhealthy person who may be more susceptible to sexual sides? Do you have certain emotional traits that make you more susceptible to the mental sides? If you truly care as much as you appear to do by ranting like this, be honest with us with the answers to my questions. Im not trying to assume things with you but i have a STRONG suspicion that the people who get serious sides and then take the time to complain in the internet, already have underlying health conditions both physically and emotionally. Ive been on fina for 3 months and my sides have been minimal if not negligible. All my sides that i did have are from mental aspects like anxiety and depression, however being real with myself i can say i was already prone to that from the beginning. Physically i am a fit person who eats healthy, is muscular with abs and all that and i have been blood test confirmed to have high testosterone. My sex drive is still there and i get hard from almost nothing, even on fina. Please be real with us man.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Baldingbob123456

My Regimen
Reaction score

From what I understand the sides are most severe early on and then mitigate as the body adjusts. The longer you are on it the better or at least no change from the first couple weeks

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that would be the main stream theory, yes. And I sure hope it is so. But as far as I understand issue can come up even 8-9 months later tough

vinnievandall

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Next time im going to tzke finasteride i will take a picture of my dick before and after lol there was definitly a big change it wzs like i was on xtc 24/7 haha but after i quited it all returned to normal after 8 weeks so all good

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was perfectly healthy before and never had any health problems in my life. And for your information I did not have any side effects for the first couple of months, it happened slowly.

Internet is full of these anecdotes and I've witnessed so many guys like you who are starting fina and think these side effects were overblown...untill after some time. Months/years and I spoke to them again/read their new posts, they had to quit because of side effects. Just read this forum alone.

It's sad, but most of you guys have to learn the hard way, I was like you once, I believed the studies and had the same mindset as you. I understand you, you're hopelessly wishing that fina is a sideless maintenance therapy, sadly it is not.

You will get sides in time, the only question is how severe. I wish you the best and advise you to be very cautious.
Deep down, I know you’re right and that’s the f*cked up thing. I don’t even wanna be on this lousy *** medication that can have these kind of effects on someone, but from how I see it, I have to try and learn the hard way like you said.. I’m 21, I can’t afford to lose my hair right now and at least fina gives me a fair chance at keeping my hair for a little longer. It’s easy to take, easy to get by but unfortunately does things to my body I’d rather not. I appreciate it that you’re trying to save people from making a mistake you once made, but I (and I think a lot more of us out here) just have to make that mistake right now. Best case scenario I can hold on to my now good looking hair for a couple years and when I slowly start to experience sides, quit the drug and pray they slowly fade away. Time will tell!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was young and starting to bald I'd give this advice to myself:

Try microneedilng + minoxidil. After that try Zix, a lot of people seem to maintain on that. If that doesn't work, try a topical anti androgen.

If I was balding very aggressively, even fina or duta won't save you, then you need to get a hairsystem. (hard part is getting over the social stigma)

But I would never advise oral anti androgen to anyone after what I know now.

Btw, it really sucks, I wish I could tell you guys to get on fina without any worries because for me, it did work. I had a complete stop of hairloss, but also side effects that were not tolerable especially for a young man.

Wish everyone the best of luck. Also know future treatments are closer than ever even if some on here are very cynical, I'm quite positive in that regard.

Topical minoxidil is one of the worst hair loss medications. At a young age, I know this because I have looked at the statistics of success and the amount of people who experience regrowth is significantly low. I have not seen a single person who has had success from topical anti-androgens alone.

I advise oral anti-androgens because they actually work. I suspect people on this website are old enough to weigh out the pros and cons of medications. Honestly, the sexual side effects you got most likely wouldn’t affect other young men since the value of appearance has skyrocketed. If I didn’t have to deal with hairloss, I would obviously be much happier as I wouldn’t need to deal with side effects and taking medications but I have realised life is unfair. I can either be miserable and bald, or I can do something about it regardless of side effects.

vinnievandall

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was young and starting to bald I'd give this advice to myself:

Try microneedilng + minoxidil. After that try Zix, a lot of people seem to maintain on that. If that doesn't work, try a topical anti androgen.

If I was balding very aggressively, even fina or duta won't save you, then you need to get a hairsystem. (hard part is getting over the social stigma)

But I would never advise oral anti androgen to anyone after what I know now.

Btw, it really sucks, I wish I could tell you guys to get on fina without any worries because for me, it did work. I had a complete stop of hairloss, but also side effects that were not tolerable especially for a young man.

Wish everyone the best of luck. Also know future treatments are closer than ever even if some on here are very cynical, I'm quite positive in that regard.
Yeah zix is good already maintaining a year on it and i had very agressive hairloss before pretty sick because its so cheap

Chris Evan

My Regimen
Reaction score
15,614 Adverse drug reaction reports worldwide to post finasteride syndrome, maybe they're even more but those who only reported to the website.
And 59 Known suicides

What do you think of this number? I think 15.6k is really big number of people actually and it means you might end up with pfs

what do you think of 15.6 for the amount of people taking finasteride? like how many people actually taking finasteride worldwide compared to this number

source: www.pfsfoundation.org

Attachments

• PFS.png
    PFS.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 136

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
15,614 Adverse drug reaction reports worldwide to post finasteride syndrome, maybe they're even more but those who only reported to the website.
And 59 Known suicides

What do you think of this number? I think 15.6k is really big number of people actually and it means you might end up with pfs

what do you think of 15.6 for the amount of people taking finasteride? like how many people actually taking finasteride worldwide compared to this number

I don't know the exact number of Finasteride users (for hair) but is probably in the millions. Still, 15k is high number

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
And 59 Known suicides

How many pfs cases were legit? How many people were already suicidal? Read this forum and you will see most of the side effects are in people's heads from reading about side effects.
More people die everyday from opioid withdrawal than car accidents but that isn't stopping people from popping the pills. Just thought I'd throw that out there!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And 59 Known suicides

I’m going to guess and say around 10 million people take finasteride world wide, since it’s the most prescribed hair loss medication and the easiest to get. With those PFS statistics, that’s only around 0.15% of users... It’s an exceptionally low amount of people. I wouldn’t count in those suicide statistics, because who knows if it’s actually related to PFS.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical minoxidil is one of the worst hair loss medications. At a young age, I know this because I have looked at the statistics of success and the amount of people who experience regrowth is significantly low. I have not seen a single person who has had success from topical anti-androgens alone.

I advise oral anti-androgens because they actually work. I suspect people on this website are old enough to weigh out the pros and cons of medications. Honestly, the sexual side effects you got most likely wouldn’t affect other young men since the value of appearance has skyrocketed. If I didn’t have to deal with hairloss, I would obviously be much happier as I wouldn’t need to deal with side effects and taking medications but I have realised life is unfair. I can either be miserable and bald, or I can do something about it regardless of side effects.

You've changed your tune in 4 months.
You were saying quite the opposite in December

"When it comes to finasteride, I would not take such a drug. I don't mean to offend you, but you have been promoting the same drug on every post you have been on, and not all hair loss cases can be seen the same with a quick conclusion of 'go on finasteride'. Looking at the common side effects on both isotretinoin and finasteride, finasteride has worse. Isotretinoin common side effects are based upon the oil glands producing no oil, e.g. dry skin, nose bleeds, chapped lips. Which are all preventable if you counteract those using product. On the other hand, the common side effects of finasteride aren't preventable: you can't prevent impotence, swelling in your hands or feet, swelling or tenderness in your breasts (what the heck), weakness and abnormal ejaculation. Looking at the two, finasteride is truly the more questionable drug when it comes to common side effects, and the results of Accutane are much more desirable and likely."

Are you still eating 300 cals a day? Any nutrition tip for me bro?

This website is dangerous.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m going to guess and say around 10 million people take finasteride world wide, since it’s the most prescribed hair loss medication and the easiest to get. With those PFS statistics, that’s only around 0.15% of users... It’s an exceptionally low amount of people. I wouldn’t count in those suicide statistics, because who knows if it’s actually related to PFS.

"I’m going to guess" and that's all you're ever going to be doing. Good luck!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've changed your tune in 4 months.
You were saying quite the opposite in December

"When it comes to finasteride, I would not take such a drug. I don't mean to offend you, but you have been promoting the same drug on every post you have been on, and not all hair loss cases can be seen the same with a quick conclusion of 'go on finasteride'. Looking at the common side effects on both isotretinoin and finasteride, finasteride has worse. Isotretinoin common side effects are based upon the oil glands producing no oil, e.g. dry skin, nose bleeds, chapped lips. Which are all preventable if you counteract those using product. On the other hand, the common side effects of finasteride aren't preventable: you can't prevent impotence, swelling in your hands or feet, swelling or tenderness in your breasts (what the heck), weakness and abnormal ejaculation. Looking at the two, finasteride is truly the more questionable drug when it comes to common side effects, and the results of Accutane are much more desirable and likely."

Are you still eating 300 cals a day? Any nutrition tip for me bro?

This website is dangerous.

Yeah, in December when I didn’t believe I had male pattern baldness. Quoting something like that from months ago is completely irrelevant. Months have gone by, and I decided to make the rational decision of weighing out the pros and cons of hair loss medications. Back then, I thought using castor oil and HSN vitamins would regrow hair but I had to step into reality. I have even changed my opinion on Accutane, that is significantly more dangerous; I still have eczema on my neck from it, and it raised my liver enzymes 5x higher than they should be.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"I’m going to guess" and that's all you're ever going to be doing. Good luck!

It’s an observation based on its sales. And, the only thing you will be doing is grabbing a razor and shaving cream.