Paul's Propecia Suicide Story/ Propecia Side Effects

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not posting "studies" because it doesn't matter, it's clear you made up your mind.

And hey hop on fina right now for a year and let us know what you experience if you think it's so safe.

I wish I could say you are right but in good faith I can't. Fina is pure poison.

But maybe I'll post some studies in the future. Not that it matters.

Yup, that's how it started with me too. I took fina for 2 years. First of my side effects were watery semen, stings in testicles. Some time later, lower libido, ED, lethargy and brain fog.

Be very cautious.

It's not poison. In my opinion, people who get side effects mentally blow it out of proportion and act as if the world is ending. I mean, the side effects you mentioned aren't even as bad as you're making it out to be. Lower libido? ED? Seems like a personal issue to me. Lethargy? I can't contribute mental health issues to a medication, especially since it could have been pre-existing. Watery semen? Unless you're trying to have children, I'm not sure what the issue is with that unless it's just drenching your tissue like water.

I don't mean to sound so rude in this, but I don't agree with your demonisation of the medication...

Chris Evan

My Regimen
Reaction score
this guy committed suicide from pfs, he said he tried saw palmetto for a while then started to experience the side effects then stopped using it and after 2 weeks he got finasteride crash he experienced brain fog, 0 libido, very low emotions, 0 energy and joint problems.
After 4 years of stopping the drug, going for many doctors and trying many was to recover at the end 0 recovery from his side effects
and at the end he committed suicide!
the permanent side effects are real and seems like only few percentage who recover after stopping
Do you still consider taking the drug after this guy story? with 0 libdo from pfs and no treatment if it happend?

I don't not really hate finasteride or against it and I love my hair a lot but this guy story made me prefer hair piece over taking this drug!

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
If he truly did commit suicide it was because he had mental problems beforehand. Not from finasteride. All the children on here need to stop the fear mongering and do real research

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT might be an important hormone for males, but it's still the same hormone which is widely known to cause hair loss and acne. Male hormones evidently cause physical and mental disadvantages: men are aggressive, men have rough skin, men are more likely to experience acne and oily skin, men are more likely to experience hair loss, men develop rhino skin.

Dismissing people with PFS is the best choice that people can do. Statistically, there are under 15,500 reported adverse finasteride reactions world wide (stated by the PFS Foundation website). That's objectively an insignificant amount of people, especially when you keep in mind that 1,587 of those people got depression as an alleged side effect (I'm prioritising this since that seems to be the biggest concern here...).

There's also an insignificant people suffering from AIDS (compared to the global population) yet nobody downplays it.

Chris Evan

My Regimen
Reaction score
If he truly did commit suicide it was because he had mental problems beforehand. Not from finasteride. All the children on here need to stop the fear mongering and do real research
Did you even watch the video? He said that he was fine and never suffered from any side effects that he had experienced with finasteride
what do you mean by children? Do you call be people children cause they are concerned about their health?
and what do you mean by real research? there's alof of people suffering from pfs and they side effects are real

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you even watch the video? He said that he was fine and never suffered from any side effects that he had experienced with finasteride
what do you mean by children? Do you call be people children cause they are concerned about their health?
and what do you mean by real research? there's alof of people suffering from pfs and they side effects are real
I read the description. Real research means personal experience and not reading the fear mongering on hairlosstalk.

Chris Evan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read the description. Real research means personal experience and not reading the fear mongering on hairlosstalk.
pretty much what you saing is that people who post their side effecs are fear mongering (because you're probably on finasteride so you call them like that) and I should have my personal experience, that's alright but you should take other people experience in consideration cause it might happen to you, and for personal experience I've already tried it and got side effects and I was one of the people who thinking I'll have 0 side effects and only 2% is really rare and ended up with side effects!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's also an insignificant people suffering from AIDS (compared to the global population) yet nobody downplays it.

Are you actually comparing AIDS to PFS? Around 35 million people have died from AIDS. No one has died from PFS, besides suicides which might not even have any correlation to taking finasteride.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
pretty much what you saing is that people who post their side effecs are fear mongering (because you're probably on finasteride so you call them like that) and I should have my personal experience, that's alright but you should take other people experience in consideration cause it might happen to you, and for personal experience I've already tried it and got side effects and I was one of the people who thinking I'll have 0 side effects and only 2% is really rare and ended up with side effects!
I take dutasteride, and have for years. Sides normally go away with continued use. and the ones that you do get have not been medically documented as permanent

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People like @Pigeon with their broscience is the reason I was scared of taking finasteride and held off for an entire year and lost a lot of my hair. Now, I’ve been taking propecia for almost a year and the only side effect is regretting not starting it earlier.
Post your experience in a thread and let people decide for themselves, don’t tell them what to do based on your experience.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
this guy committed suicide from pfs, he said he tried saw palmetto for a while then started to experience the side effects then stopped using it and after 2 weeks he got finasteride crash he experienced brain fog, 0 libido, very low emotions, 0 energy and joint problems.
After 4 years of stopping the drug, going for many doctors and trying many was to recover at the end 0 recovery from his side effects
and at the end he committed suicide!
the permanent side effects are real and seems like only few percentage who recover after stopping
Do you still consider taking the drug after this guy story? with 0 libdo from pfs and no treatment if it happend?

I don't not really hate finasteride or against it and I love my hair a lot but this guy story made me prefer hair piece over taking this drug!

Although, who actually knows if finasteride is the true reason of his depression? He might have already had depression and certain significant events might have just sent him to the edge.

Personally, I have been suffering with clinical depression for almost five years. If I ever decided to go on finasteride, I could never blame the medication because I have already been suffering with depression. From the outside looking in, it might seem like finasteride caused the depression, but the truth is that no one else knows I'm suffering with such an illness so they would just make an assumption.

If the medication was really that bad, no one would be taking it. Yet, it's used by millions.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people get side effects. Some people don't.

I took finasteride for a year and was completely impotent and fatigued for about 2 years before I began to bounce back.

I lost my girlfriend, but luckily was able to force myself to stay im school.
I just NOW got the oil on my face again. Still minimal body odor, but I am recovering so it's comfortable knowing I'm in the right direction. Others I know personally, in real life as well, are not as lucky.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Grown *** men be like finasteride is poison, I would never with my body/hormones and then proceed to put unknown chemicals made in a sketchy underground lab in their bodies...

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you actually comparing AIDS to PFS? Around 35 million people have died from AIDS. No one has died from PFS, besides suicides which might not even have any correlation to taking finasteride.
No, not at all. I used as an example of "insignificance" in numbers. Whike tragic, what is 35 million compared to 6+ billion people out there? So is w/ people suffering dementing sides from finasteride (or any other medication that has ugly sides). What is 15k compared to millions of users, right? But for those 15k it probably is pretty bad. Yet many people here say meh, just 2-3%. What is 15k? Just numbers....

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
No, not at all. I used as an example of "insignificance" in numbers. Whike tragic, what is 35 million compared to 6+ billion people out there? So is w/ people suffering dementing sides from finasteride (or any other medication that has ugly sides). What is 15k compared to millions of users, right? But for those 15k it probably is pretty bad. Yet many people here say meh, just 2-3%. What is 15k? Just numbers....
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481923/

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is absolutely zero biological sense that ones penis can shrink from taking finasteride. All in his head probably just like the rest of these PFS sufferers. And don't come with bullshit like ooh its the most powerful male hormone blablablabla lol.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is absolutely zero biological sense that ones penis can shrink from taking finasteride. All in his head probably just like the rest of these PFS sufferers. And don't come with bullshit like ooh its the most powerful male hormone blablablabla lol.

A pretty naive statement, especially because there is a rather obvious biological reason why genital shrinkage occurs in some people. Finasteride can shut peoples testosterone production down, which will cause genital shrinkage. It is by the same method as bodybuilders who go on testosterone cycles and don't end with a correct PCT to restart their own production, they often times encounter genital shrinkage. DHT is also responsible for modulating nitic oxide in the penis - so certain individuals with certain types of body chemistry may indeed respond very negatively to having their DHT depleted. And that is the start.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Comparing deaths to side effects? That’s no comparison.

Those ‘dementing sides’ you’re referring to aren’t significant. Especially since 3,053 of those 15,423 reports are due to erectile dysfunction, and 1,880 of those reports are due to sexual dysfunction. Minimal.

Let’s say 2,000,000 people are taking finasteride world wide, yet under 15,500 of those people suffer with ‘adverse reactions’, that’s only approximately 0.78% of people. That’s evidently insignificant.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
A pretty naive statement, especially because there is a rather obvious biological reason why genital shrinkage occurs in some people. Finasteride can shut peoples testosterone production down, which will cause genital shrinkage. It is by the same method as bodybuilders who go on testosterone cycles and don't end with a correct PCT to restart their own production, they often times encounter genital shrinkage. DHT is also responsible for modulating nitic oxide in the penis - so certain individuals with certain types of body chemistry may indeed respond very negatively to having their DHT depleted. And that is the start.
Balding reks ur tour, but finasteride will hold on to ur hair. So if u get side effects it means you are true genetic trash, bottom of the bottom truly. Tour is truly over if u get side effects.