Paul's Propecia Suicide Story/ Propecia Side Effects

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A pretty naive statement, especially because there is a rather obvious biological reason why genital shrinkage occurs in some people. Finasteride can shut peoples testosterone production down, which will cause genital shrinkage. It is by the same method as bodybuilders who go on testosterone cycles and don't end with a correct PCT to restart their own production, they often times encounter genital shrinkage. DHT is also responsible for modulating nitic oxide in the penis - so certain individuals with certain types of body chemistry may indeed respond very negatively to having their DHT depleted. And that is the start.

Explain to me how someone who was surgically castrated experienced a 20% penile shrink, yet this person experienced a 50% shrinkage due to finasteride. Something is off, right?

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
A pretty naive statement, especially because there is a rather obvious biological reason why genital shrinkage occurs in some people. Finasteride can shut peoples testosterone production down, which will cause genital shrinkage. It is by the same method as bodybuilders who go on testosterone cycles and don't end with a correct PCT to restart their own production, they often times encounter genital shrinkage. DHT is also responsible for modulating nitic oxide in the penis - so certain individuals with certain types of body chemistry may indeed respond very negatively to having their DHT depleted. And that is the start.
Finasteride has actually been shown to increase testosterone! DHT is responsible during puberty to help develop the Male characteristics. Which is why it shouldn't be taken by people at a young age. And testosterone therapy doesn't shrink your beacon only your eggs!

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride has actually been shown to increase testosterone! DHT is responsible during puberty to help develop the Male characteristics. Which is why it shouldn't be taken by people at a young age. And testosterone therapy doesn't shrink your beacon only your eggs!
I understand the mechanism.
Steroid cycles of test, not TRT. TRT won't shrink your penis because there is still exogenous testosterone. A steroid cycle, however, ends. The then lack of circulating androgens will shrink your penis if you are unable to restart your production. It happens. Finasteride raises testosterone and estrogen and when withdrawn can illicit the same effects. In fact depending on an individuals aromatase activity, the increase in free testosterone can just convert more to estrogen leading to estrogen dominance.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Explain to me how someone who was surgically castrated experienced a 20% penile shrink, yet this person experienced a 50% shrinkage due to finasteride. Something is off, right?
My main concern is how they got their numbers. Apart from that, I don't have to explain that because the degree of shrinkage between finasteride and castration was not the point I was making. My point was that shrinkage can occur.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My main concern is how they got their numbers. Apart from that, I don't have to explain that because the degree of shrinkage between finasteride and castration was not the point I was making. My point was that shrinkage can occur.

Do you believe that this man experienced penile shrinkage by 50%? I made the point because it’s highly unlikely that this man experienced such a significant amount of penile shrinkage if someone who is surgically castrated experienced 20%.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand the mechanism.

Steroid cycles of test, not TRT. TRT won't shrink your penis because there is still exogenous testosterone. A steroid cycle, however, ends. The then lack of circulating androgens will shrink your penis if you are unable to restart your production. It happens. Finasteride raises testosterone and estrogen and when withdrawn can illicit the same effects. In fact depending on an individuals aromatase activity, the increase in free testosterone can just convert more to estrogen leading to estrogen dominance.
Your penis will actually increase in girth when on a cycle because of the increased blood volume. Your balls will however shrink because they no longer need to produce testosterone. Pct is not always needed to resume production. Depends on the person, amount used and length of time.
I have first hand experience

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you believe that this man experienced penile shrinkage by 50%? I made the point because it’s highly unlikely that this man experienced such a significant amount of penile shrinkage if someone who is surgically castrated experienced 20%.
Short answer: No. I don't believe that number

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride for androgenetic alopecia is not associated with
sexual dysfunction: a survey-based, single-centre,
controlled study
Haber et al., 2019

It's over for side-effectcels
giphy.gif

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Comparing deaths to side effects? That’s no comparison.

Those ‘dementing sides’ you’re referring to aren’t significant. Especially since 3,053 of those 15,423 reports are due to erectile dysfunction, and 1,880 of those reports are due to sexual dysfunction. Minimal.

Let’s say 2,000,000 people are taking finasteride world wide, yet under 15,500 of those people suffer with ‘adverse reactions’, that’s only approximately 0.78% of people. That’s evidently insignificant.
Your numbers are lower than Merck's numbers. Look, I am not against Finasteride and I am not pro Finasteride. I am simply bothered by bashers. On both sides.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont even know why he started taking finasteride,bald fits him so well,honestly even If he had a perfect hair I would advise him to shave it off.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Took it already for 2 years. But yes it did work for hairloss, I had a complete stop of hairloss.

...Also had a complete stop of libido, etc.

Like I said, you guys need to learn the hard way, so please go ahead an pop those fina pills, sooner or later you will sing a different tune.

Why are you so concerned about libido? That side effect isn’t even as bad as you’re making it. I would trade in my libido for hair any day, without a thought.

If you like being bald, that’s okay. But, not everyone wants to be bald and care about side effects.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you so concerned about libido? That side effect isn’t even as bad as you’re making it. I would trade in my libido for hair any day, without a thought.

If you like being bald, that’s okay. But, not everyone wants to be bald and care about side effects.

Trade low libido for for hairs anyday ?? dam the more time i pass on this forum the more i'm depressed..

i had a complete zero guard head shaved for two years and wasnt bitching about it. (on the photo its a little bit longer because it was after a couple days regrow). If all go wrong and i lose all hairs on top before 30's. I will just get SMP to get the closer look as possible as 0 guard head shave.

I even tried razor shave once. I just started training a lot and getting a tan in the summer to match the look. god damm you guys be alpha male.

Think long term term. in your 20's of course you would trade low libido for hairs. but in your 50's you would trade some hair for high libido !!!

I am a waiter so i see A LOT of couple every days and of course i have never seen a nw7 bald guys in his early 20's with a 9 + / 10 girl. But pass 40's ? MANNN. Every week i see bald guys with total hot milf.

Life is a marathon. It is not just your 20's-30's.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-04-24 à 12.04.09.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-04-24 à 12.04.09.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 206