Oral minoxidil, too much regrowth? Pics included. Please read

Hairguru

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on 5mg for 4 months and moved to 10mg because the pills would break a lot when cutting them in half so I just started taking the whole thing. And i think goodstuffstore ships to Europe
Awesome, they do have 10MG just need to find a doctor to prescribe,

Thanks.

Attachments

• 9CFDC0EC-CAFF-4AF6-AF34-23867D893B00.png
    9CFDC0EC-CAFF-4AF6-AF34-23867D893B00.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 250
  • A2E669A8-9093-4101-A9BA-75180427D1EC.png
    A2E669A8-9093-4101-A9BA-75180427D1EC.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 244

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So far have you noticed any internal side effects? Like heart palpations

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My Dr told me that the liquid was fine. He offered pills but I asked if I could just do the liquid. He said yah no problem. It's been 4 months. Haven't noticed anything. No regrowth, nothing. No sides

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im pretty sure there is a guy on here who is from poland and uses oral min, cant remember the user but I think he is success stories with oral min.
Found him:https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ed-my-life-oral-minoxidil-finasteride.122836/
Nvm he drinks oral min, not the pills, lol.

My Dr told me that the liquid was fine. He offered pills but I asked if I could just do the liquid. He said yah no problem. It's been 4 months. Haven't noticed anything. No regrowth, nothing. No sides

I think that drinking liquid minoxidil solution isn't as bad of an idea as it seems but only if you take the correct dosage!

A proper oral dosage of rogaine/regaine solution would be a few microliters, which isn't something you can eyeball. Whatever impurities are in that liquid probably won't hurt you if you're only consuming a few microliters (though maybe the effects could compound if taken over many years? Idk I'm not a doctor)

If you want to consume liquid solution orally please dilute the solution first so that it is easy to measure. Mix 1ml of rogaine/regaine with 10 to 50ml Vodka or everclear (depending on desired strength) and measure out this diluted solution with an accurate graduated pipette or dropper

Also, I highly recommend against consuming more than 5mg of oral minoxidil per day. This is a medication for hypertension. Actually, it's usually only used in cases of severe or treatment resistant hypertension because newer antihypertensive drugs tend to be safer with less side effects. 10mg is a dosage used to treat hypertension - if you've got a normal blood pressure taking this dosage for hair loss will have cardiovascular side effects!

Also, be very careful if using both oral and topical minoxidil simultaneously. Topical minoxidil has a very low systemic absorption but if you're using a lot of it this can be equivalent to a small to medium dose of oral minoxidil and taking a large dose of oral minoxidil on top of this could be asking for trouble

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have hair nearly up to my eyes now. Would you rather be balding or be a werewolf? My beard hair is connecting to my nape. Is all this growth worth it? Should I do laser hair removal?
Your best bet is either waxing or using an epilator. Since both methods involve literally yoinking your hair out they'll be painful. Usually this pain will lessen after repeated usage as you acclimate. Also, usually once a hair is yoinked out repeatedy, it will go through a miniaturization process where it'll grow back weaker, thinner, and smaller but idk how that'll work with your mutant minoxidil werewolf hair.

If pain is an issue, you can buy over the counter lidocaine gel, cream, or spray that should numb pain until you get used to it.

Your other options would be shaving your forehead (idk that sounds like it would be a pain in the ***. Maybe using a nice electric shaver would make it easier but then you still have to deal with forehead stubble) or using nair, which is a chemical that literally dissolves hair but I would be very cautious to use that on your face or anywhere near your hairline

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that drinking liquid minoxidil solution isn't as bad of an idea as it seems but only if you take the correct dosage!

A proper oral dosage of rogaine/regaine solution would be a few microliters, which isn't something you can eyeball. Whatever impurities are in that liquid probably won't hurt you if you're only consuming a few microliters (though maybe the effects could compound if taken over many years? Idk I'm not a doctor)

If you want to consume liquid solution orally please dilute the solution first so that it is easy to measure. Mix 1ml of rogaine/regaine with 10 to 50ml Vodka or everclear (depending on desired strength) and measure out this diluted solution with an accurate graduated pipette or dropper

Also, I highly recommend against consuming more than 5mg of oral minoxidil per day. This is a medication for hypertension. Actually, it's usually only used in cases of severe or treatment resistant hypertension because newer antihypertensive drugs tend to be safer with less side effects. 10mg is a dosage used to treat hypertension - if you've got a normal blood pressure taking this dosage for hair loss will have cardiovascular side effects!

Also, be very careful if using both oral and topical minoxidil simultaneously. Topical minoxidil has a very low systemic absorption but if you're using a lot of it this can be equivalent to a small to medium dose of oral minoxidil and taking a large dose of oral minoxidil on top of this could be asking for trouble
The danger of liquid is not that bad, efficacy is more questionable.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have hair nearly up to my eyes now. Would you rather be balding or be a werewolf? My beard hair is connecting to my nape. Is all this growth worth it? Should I do laser hair removal?
Damn that is quite incredible. How long were you on 10mg for?
I have been on 5mg for about 6 months now and have had increased body hair and slight regrowth. Thinking to up to 10mg but its quite a jump.
Did you have any sides at all?
Btw are you male or female? Sorry you have long hair in the pic and without a face its hard to tell lol

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, too much. put some DHT cream there.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn that is quite incredible. How long were you on 10mg for?
I have been on 5mg for about 6 months now and have had increased body hair and slight regrowth. Thinking to up to 10mg but its quite a jump.
Did you have any sides at all?
Btw are you male or female? Sorry you have long hair in the pic and without a face its hard to tell lol
I'm a male.