Oral minoxidil, too much regrowth? Pics included. Please read

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any sides on the Dutasteride? That seems like a killer combo if you can tolerate it. Congratulations that’s a great recovery.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the goodstuffstore require a legit prescription or is it like ADC where you can just bullshit the prescription info and they don't check?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will all that fall out once you stop taking oral min?
Yes. Well at least most. The new hair is dependent on the minoxidil. It isn't growing naturally, it is being forced to grow. Take away the stimulant and the natural state returns.

This is different for body hair, which has a higher chance of staying after.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to get yourself some R Kelley doo doo butter, slather it on the affected areas twice a day, and you’ll be good to go.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't had hair growing on my forehead etc like the OP. I have been taking oral minoxidil since 2018. As low as 5mg and as high as 20mg. I use loxidil forte same as OP.
any skin aging sides? or heartbeat related sides? i' really tempted to try oral min too as i 'm suspecting i might be allergic to most topical vehicle i'm using. thanks

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This insane growth. Did you start witnessing it at 5mg or 10 mg?

Where are your before pictures?

Would be interesting to see what were before pics and how much 5mg dosage changed your hair and how much 10mg did.

No way to show those?

OP could beauty&beastmaxxxxx
I had them in the past but I was obsessing hard. I would take a picture everyday and compare, it was messing up my mental health and one day I deleted everything and said screw it. I got the insane growth around month 6 at 10mg. I can tell you my temples used to reach my sideburns. And my hairline was much worse about nw2.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which dosage yielded you the biggest benefit?

Was it 5mg or 10mg?

I am on 1mg a day for 2 months and have 0 results yet.

How soon did you start to see results?

I think I need to increase the dosage.

Your hair is my wet dream.
sorry to be annoying af again but do you notice skin sides? i'm jumping on the oral min wagon i can't handle topical anymore that's a bummer tho as after only 1 week of using topical min i'm already seeing vellus on my slick bald temples

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not a big believer in the collagen depletion effects of minoxidil, but you should have a regimen to take care of your skin anyway.
i've been using retin a since i'm 14 and taking scare of my skin like a maniac ... i'm just getting unlucky with min and i litteraly only take 2 weeks for me on the drug to get deep under eyes / foreahead wrinkles

btw do you get gyno on spironolactone? thanks

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not a big believer in the collagen depletion effects of minoxidil, but you should have a regimen to take care of your skin anyway.
Guys seem to be unaware of concealer. Nine bucks and you apply it like lipstick under the eyes and then you smooth it out with a little foundation. Makeup for sissies? No different from using Toppix.

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of curiosity has anyone else experienced regrowth similar to this from oral minoxidil or is this just simply a case of the OP being a hyper responder?

In regards to the question I’d much rather be a werewolf if it was simply the hair on my head and facial hair. If it was hair all over my body I don’t think the question would be as simple.

It might seem inconvenient, but if you were to get certain parts of your face waxed along with your eyebrows plucked about once or twice a month it would definitely help with the excess hair. Both of those can be done professionally or by yourself if you’re comfortable with it along with the laser hair removal surgery you mentioned being a possible option as well.

In the end to each their own I guess the only opinion on this that matters is your own. Would you rather be bald or have excess hair?
I experienced extreme hair regrowth and developed a Norwood negative 2, but stopped due to heart concerns

Sir Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
I experienced extreme hair regrowth and developed a Norwood negative 2, but stopped due to heart concerns
What kind of heart concerns? I know oral minoxidil has been known to cause heart palpitations and an increased heart rate, but most people that have experienced this have said those sides passed from what I’ve seen.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just popped my first two oral min pills starting a 1.25 mg x2 praying to get good results without ruining my skin again