Oral minoxidil, too much regrowth? Pics included. Please read

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How's your progress? Still on it?
i actually stopped in the first months due to weird cardiac sides( probably anxiey related as i'm mentally unstable af). i 'm experimenting with massive dosage of topical and i'm waiting for answer from the docs in spain who conducted the oral min study ( i need a definitive answer on topical min versus oral effectivnes ) and i'm getting back on it alongside accutane and oral dutasteride and this ime i'm sticking with it for at least a year.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Accutane? Isn’t that terrible for hair?
My step-brother was on it and he has a remarkably low hair line and I always thought maybe it did a round around on the coming DHT phase since acne and male pattern baldness are highly correlated but most on here say flee!

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Accutane? Isn’t that terrible for hair?
it is but i'm so tired of having bad cystic acne i got no other alternative . dr oscar munoz told me it was safe and wouldn't damage my hair ( i know he is wrong but i'm going all in i don't give a f*** anymore)

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe just take a more conservative dose?
tried it but even 20mg/day for 1 and a half years doesn't work in my case . i need to do the 1mg/kg to get the purge ? i did try it once for a month and it was crazy like i could feel all the acne getting " pushed of" my face but i chickened out due to hair thinning , i'mhoping oral min would ofset some of the dmg.

and in the other hand if eveything goes fine and it doesn't ruin my hair or increase my diffuse then i would be the perfect testimony to put an end to all the rumor that accutane ruins hair forever

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
tried it but even 20mg/day for 1 and a half years doesn't work in my case . i need to do the 1mg/kg to get the purge ? i did try it once for a month and it was crazy like i could feel all the acne getting " pushed of" my face but i chickened out due to hair thinning , i'mhoping oral min would ofset some of the dmg.

and in the other hand if eveything goes fine and it doesn't ruin my hair or increase my diffuse then i would be the perfect testimony to put an end to all the rumor that accutane ruins hair forever
Ahh. I’m not sure of the mechanism it harms hair. Maybe have some things like RU on hand just in case.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i actually stopped in the first months due to weird cardiac sides( probably anxiey related as i'm mentally unstable af). i 'm experimenting with massive dosage of topical and i'm waiting for answer from the docs in spain who conducted the oral min study ( i need a definitive answer on topical min versus oral effectivnes ) and i'm getting back on it alongside accutane and oral dutasteride and this ime i'm sticking with it for at least a year.
Saw that coming, but of course it’s just anxiety.

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you still on dutasteride? Do you take 0.5mg every day? Were you on finasteride before you used dutasteride?

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you still on dutasteride? Do you take 0.5mg every day? Were you on finasteride before you used dutasteride?
If you're asking me, yea I'm still on dutasteride. Just 0.5mg of dutasteride and 10mg of oral minoxidil once a day. I just pop them in the morning before school and go about my day. I was on finasteride with dutasteride a year ago but I dropped it to save some money.

Dor

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're asking me, yea I'm still on dutasteride. Just 0.5mg of dutasteride and 10mg of oral minoxidil once a day. I just pop them in the morning before school and go about my day. I was on finasteride with dutasteride a year ago but I dropped it to save some money.
10mg oral minoxidil is not too much? I take 2.5 MG oral minoxidil with 1mg propecia and its not work for me. Also I take foam Minoxidil 5%. Nothing stop my hair loss.
Does Dutasteride better for you than propecia? Takes everyday 0.5mg?