Once And For All; Can Dutasteride Make The Front Worse?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT is DHT-these's only one form. Type 1 5AR enzyme get's annihilated with dutas, unlike with finasteride. The claim is that there is less type 1 enzyme in scalp tissue, but with biodiversity, there's always variation between individuals. Still, suppressing type 1 enzyme should not increase androgenic activity. I agree with you that dutas plus an androgen blocker (topical or oral) should be about the best (reasonable) option we have at the moment.

I'm currently undergoing a shed at ~6 weeks of dutas. I started out using it a few times a week and when the shedding ramped up, I decided to go all in and use it daily. Based on available scientific data, I can't explain how one would be worse off with dutas than without it. Still, there is plenty we don't understand about Androgenetic Alopecia, but as I continue to shed like a mo' fo', I'm going to try to keep believing in the science. We'll see...
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-550#post-1824812

Here to make you feel better. Literally lost halph of my hair during those 6 months of shedding until it got better

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would be the scientific explaiantion of shedding? If you are surpressing 99% of DHT then why the f*** would you accelerate the follicles falling?

Oh and btw, if you supress all that 5ar, estrogen also raises because of some explaination that I heard but I dont remember now but it made sense.

Point is, low as f*** DHT, higher estrogen... an increase of 20% of testosterone.. how can this be enough to make up for the loss of DHT and estrogen? I dont want to become a b**ch with weak orgasms, however I cannot ever go out again ever again without a NW1.
Scientifically, 20% more T wont make up for loss of 99% DHT. Thats why duta works, as well as finasteride. DHT does much much more damage for hair than T.
Increased shedding can be due to Telogen Effluvium, which is caused by a sudden change of hormones.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This sensitivity to test is broscience at best. Testosterone does bind to androgen receptor just like DHT but has 2-10 times lower affinity. There is no testo or dht receptor, there’s only androgen receptor.
Someone taking duta and still loosing hair and dont mind powerful drugs/sides, should look into blocking the androgenic effects of T, its the only option of fighting hair loss when DHT levels are very low.

T does lead to hair loss, although not as damaging as DHT is to hair follicles.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
dutasteride can cause wicked sheds. It is a very powerful drug. My advice is to start slow with it. Many have gotten results by simply adding one pill a week to their current Finasteride regimen.

ScienceofHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the right (wrong) person, it can wipe out your hair period.

This is not being reported enough because money.

Last edited:

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I have recovered, not 100% but still, it's better than before.

If you are worried about testosterone, just add CB or RU and I'm pretty sure 99% of people will maintain on that.

How do we know these chemicals don’t overtime cause cancer or something though? I hear CB is the safer of the two. I will have to try it before giving up.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the right (wrong) person, it can wipe out your hair period.

This is not being reported enough because money.

How do you know it's dutasteride and not Androgenetic Alopecia? Some people's 5ARs are "immune" to dutasteride but they never know.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do we know these chemicals don’t overtime cause cancer or something though? I hear CB is the safer of the two. I will have to try it before giving up.

We don't but nowadays 99.7% of things cause cancer. Actually, we have studies that prove that dutasteride decreases the chance of getting prostate cancer for example.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Simply put, if you are loosing hair and have a high chance of getting to a NW5-7, it is worth to take duta. Yes, you get a small chance of f*****g up big time, but you have a much higher chance of stopping hair loss, which is a good trade.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is your density right now in terms of the Norwood scale?

I'm getting regrowth and improved density in the front but the back is still not responding.

Today I am in the Norwood 1.5 range but with some low density areas, especially in the hairline which was the most affected area. When I started avodart in 2013 it was already a Norwood 2.5 diffuse.

But in my case, like most, finasteride and dutasteride kept what I had. Recovery is entirely due to Dermarolling and Minoxidil.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT is DHT-these's only one form. Type 1 5AR enzyme get's annihilated with dutas, unlike with finasteride. The claim is that there is less type 1 enzyme in scalp tissue, but with biodiversity, there's always variation between individuals. Still, suppressing type 1 enzyme should not increase androgenic activity. I agree with you that dutas plus an androgen blocker (topical or oral) should be about the best (reasonable) option we have at the moment.

I'm currently undergoing a shed at ~6 weeks of dutas. I started out using it a few times a week and when the shedding ramped up, I decided to go all in and use it daily. Based on available scientific data, I can't explain how one would be worse off with dutas than without it. Still, there is plenty we don't understand about Androgenetic Alopecia, but as I continue to shed like a mo' fo', I'm going to try to keep believing in the science. We'll see...

Sheds from decreasing 99% of your DHT could be from many reasons, like a massive prolactine peak and other hormones which interact with each other. The problem is people come here without blood tests before and after treatments which means it's useless.

If you lower your DHT AND systemic test you will have guaranteed sides.

Samson100

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking dutasteride for 2.5years and continue to lose ground. Perhaps it has slowed it down a little bit but definitely won't save me

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So it was mentioned earlier that if your DHT is low(which mine is) the only way of having success to reduce hair loss is by blocking the androgen effects of testosterone. So what products in the market would do that? I’m out of options with low dht levels and need to try something new as I’m losing ground fast. Thanks.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So it was mentioned earlier that if your DHT is low(which mine is) the only way of having success to reduce hair loss is by blocking the androgen effects of testosterone. So what products in the market would do that? I’m out of options with low dht levels and need to try something new as I’m losing ground fast. Thanks.
RU58841

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do I find this to purchase in the US?
anageninc.com
Just buy the raw powder and mix it with propyl glycol and alcohol. Daily solutions or 3day-batches at most