OKCupid Chat: Girl Considers Dumping Balding Boyfriend

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
That ain't me :dunno: and most who prefer regular bald dudes are in their forties or fat and lets not forget most of the women who do like bald men have some kind of fetish for them.
Again, is difficult for people to have sympathy for bald guys, when they can say things as mean as this

Nene

Reaction score
So people are justified in not sympathizing w/ bald people b/c ONE bald person says something you find offensive or insensitive? Why should a 21 year old man feel obligated to be attracted to women in their 40s and/or overweight women? The kid has a right to feel as he does, and he's just being honest.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
So people are justified in not sympathizing w/ bald people b/c ONE bald person says something you find offensive or insensitive? Why should a 21 year old man feel obligated to be attracted to women in their 40s and/or overweight women? The kid has a right to feel as he does, and he's just being honest.
You don't need to obligated to feel attracted to anyone.

However, you need to be a little more sensitive.

This thread is about a guy complaining about a group of women with prejudice against bald guys, yet no one here complains against the many prejudices bald men in this forum love to brag about women.

And don't tell me the old "they choose to be fat", everyone here complains about "white trash women", "ugly women", "old women". If you feel so victimized by society remember the hard times you are giving to others.

Reminds me how UC man complained about one user who even here joked about higher Norwoods.
Many people over here give the impression that they don't only hate to be on the receiving end of the bald jokes, but given the opportunity they would love to be on the other side.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@Nene:Thanks for backing me up man.

@bigentries:I wasn't being mean,I was just stating the truth.When I am middle aged maybe I would be forced to accept whats thrown at me but right now its hard to come to terms especially when everyone else around you is getting all the *** they can.

Honestly you must be high dude.....I never said that all women are shallow but I feel a vast majority of the young ones certainly are.

Imagine this,if a guy with thick NW1 gives you a hard time for being bald, wouldn't you feel like beating him to a pulp ? or in certain cases wish he learns about being bald the hard way ?

Nene

Reaction score
bigentries said:
Nene said:
You don't need to obligated to feel attracted to anyone.

However, you need to be a little more sensitive.

This thread is about a guy complaining about a group of women with prejudice against bald guys, yet no one here complains against the many prejudices bald men in this forum love to brag about women.

And don't tell me the old "they choose to be fat", everyone here complains about "white trash women", "ugly women", "old women". If you feel so victimized by society remember the hard times you are giving to others.

Reminds me how UC man complained about one user who even here joked about higher Norwoods.
Many people over here give the impression that they don't only hate to be on the receiving end of the bald jokes, but given the opportunity they would love to be on the other side.

Except he wasn't making fat jokes, he was just saying what he isn't attracted to. I don't think most of the reasonable guys on here expect women to like us if they don't like bald men. People are attracted to what they like and can't help it. We can however expect people to not make jokes or be prejudiced against us w/o expecting them to be attracted to us. Same way fat women can expect to be treated with dignity and not be the butt of jokes, does that mean we have to want them sexually?

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
If I were to analyze the situation of Jessica not wanting to date Carlson I would definitely come up with something totally different than most of what has been posted. Carlson, is what most women would be considered a "great catch". He is good looking, in great shape, a doctor, and has a great personality. Jessica just strikes me as someone who could be slightly insecure about herself and may feel Carlson is actually a guy that can get any women. So she has to worry about if he may dump her and go after some more attractive and smarter girl than Jessica. She is just using his baldness as an excuse to justify why she would not date him. In reality, she would rather hook up with someone else who she feels more confident that they may not stray from her.
Most secure women would jump at a chance to date Carlson regardless of his baldness. But if they are insecure, they will come up with some excuse not to date a Carlson simply using the most obvious reason, he has no hair. I honestly think if Carlson was not bald, Jessica still would have come up with some other reason not to date him. Just my hunch. I could be totally way off but I just think people in generally will come up with some kind of excuse just to justify why they can't date a certain person.
Now one place I think most people will draw the line is when it comes to weight. I think most obese people are not going to attract too many people who tend to keep themselves in great shape.
In my experience, I have never heard too many women turn down a date with a handsome doctor with a great personality regardless of how much hair he has on his head. Most men don't become doctors until their mid to late 20's so by then most women start to be less superficial about hair and more concerned about the potential financial status of the person they want to date. There is always to going to a very few exceptions to the rule but in general most secure women won't turn down a date with a guy who looks like Carlson. To be honest, even with as much hair as I have versus Carlson, I would still think most women would be more interested in him than me simply because his physique is much better than mine even though I am still in great shape.

That makes no sense. If that were true, she wouldn't try to date that tattoed guy (who probably WILL cheat on here as most "bad boys" do).

Can't you just accept that she just did not want to date a bald guy? Some people just want to give ANY reason as silly as it sounds. A lot of people think bald guys are ugly. Bottom line! No other reason.

theShade

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
DoctorHouse said:
If I were to analyze the situation of Jessica not wanting to date Carlson I would definitely come up with something totally different than most of what has been posted. Carlson, is what most women would be considered a "great catch". He is good looking, in great shape, a doctor, and has a great personality. Jessica just strikes me as someone who could be slightly insecure about herself and may feel Carlson is actually a guy that can get any women. So she has to worry about if he may dump her and go after some more attractive and smarter girl than Jessica. She is just using his baldness as an excuse to justify why she would not date him. In reality, she would rather hook up with someone else who she feels more confident that they may not stray from her.
Most secure women would jump at a chance to date Carlson regardless of his baldness. But if they are insecure, they will come up with some excuse not to date a Carlson simply using the most obvious reason, he has no hair. I honestly think if Carlson was not bald, Jessica still would have come up with some other reason not to date him. Just my hunch. I could be totally way off but I just think people in generally will come up with some kind of excuse just to justify why they can't date a certain person.
Now one place I think most people will draw the line is when it comes to weight. I think most obese people are not going to attract too many people who tend to keep themselves in great shape.
In my experience, I have never heard too many women turn down a date with a handsome doctor with a great personality regardless of how much hair he has on his head. Most men don't become doctors until their mid to late 20's so by then most women start to be less superficial about hair and more concerned about the potential financial status of the person they want to date. There is always to going to a very few exceptions to the rule but in general most secure women won't turn down a date with a guy who looks like Carlson. To be honest, even with as much hair as I have versus Carlson, I would still think most women would be more interested in him than me simply because his physique is much better than mine even though I am still in great shape.

That makes no sense. If that were true, she wouldn't try to date that tattoed guy (who probably WILL cheat on here as most "bad boys" do).

Can't you just accept that she just did not want to date a bald guy? Some people just want to give ANY reason as silly as it sounds. A lot of people think bald guys are ugly. Bottom line! No other reason.

No I suspect DoctorHouse is quite right. If that woman did really think that guy was ugly, bald head or not, than she is very much in a small minority. I think it's more likely that the reason was different - women are rarely honest about such things, so it's quite likely that indeed the baldness was just a convenient excuse.

As for the Tattooed guy - maybe she just has a fetish for tattooes. Or she likes bad-boys. Or she views him as more within her own sort of status and thus less likely to dump her.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
theShade said:
No I suspect DoctorHouse is quite right. If that woman did really think that guy was ugly, bald head or not, than she is very much in a small minority. I think it's more likely that the reason was different - women are rarely honest about such things, so it's quite likely that indeed the baldness was just a convenient excuse.

As for the Tattooed guy - maybe she just has a fetish for tattooes. Or she likes bad-boys. Or she views him as more within her own sort of status and thus less likely to dump her.

I completely disagree. Someone is looking for someone to settle down with would not be looking at this guy she is going to date. The guy said he has set her up with other people before and his description of this tattoo guy clearly shows that is not the type of guy he has set her up with before.

I don't think she is in the minority. Can you imagine if that guy had a full head of hair? He would have women left and right and not have to rely on others setting him up.

You can't make the claim "women are rarely honest about such things" and use it as a basis for an argument like it was fact.

I'm sure there are exceptions to every case but I DO know that some people look for any reason to believe certain things. I mean it's pretty simple. If you are NOT attracted to a guy, most times you want be with him. There are exceptions but I'm talking on the most part. Him being bald is a major flaw (even though it's not the gu';s fault) and I can see why many wouldn't want to date the guy. It would be the same as if he was just ugly. Is that his fault? No. Does it hurt his chances? Yes.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
People are just clueless and unsympathetic about anything that does not directly affect them or that they have not experienced themselves. They will have an attitude like "sucks for him" or "glad I'm not that guy". Like that one woman who lumped baldness with being overweight, saying both are common but that doesn't make it acceptable. Baldness for the most part can't be helped, so by being so unforgiving they are basically implying that we have no other choice but to roll over and die.

theShade

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
I completely disagree. Someone is looking for someone to settle down with would not be looking at this guy she is going to date. The guy said he has set her up with other people before and his description of this tattoo guy clearly shows that is not the type of guy he has set her up with before.

I don't think she is in the minority. Can you imagine if that guy had a full head of hair? He would have women left and right and not have to rely on others setting him up.

You can't make the claim "women are rarely honest about such things" and use it as a basis for an argument like it was fact.

I'm sure there are exceptions to every case but I DO know that some people look for any reason to believe certain things. I mean it's pretty simple. If you are NOT attracted to a guy, most times you want be with him. There are exceptions but I'm talking on the most part. Him being bald is a major flaw (even though it's not the gu';s fault) and I can see why many wouldn't want to date the guy. It would be the same as if he was just ugly. Is that his fault? No. Does it hurt his chances? Yes.

By any objective-measure, looks-wise that man is very much attractive. It may be coming from a guy like me, but generally speaking both men and women can judge the attractivness of other men and women pretty accurately.

And yes, indeed a small minority, because only a small minority of women would see him, get fixated on his bald head and immediately clasify him as too unattractive for them to date. I mean it's pretty much like a woman rejecting Vin Diesel as too unattractive (assuming he wasn't famous); I think this particular guy pulls off the bald look about as well as him. Now of course if his baldness made him look too old, or he had an unsuitable head and face for it - it might be a different story, but clearly this isn't the case.

And this is not to mention, that even if a woman did find him less physicaly appealing than the average guy she goes for - that automatically because of that she would reject him? Again, this would only be true for a minority of women. Looks are of course important to women, but they have a whole load of other criterea by which they judge guys - they have to have; it's not like us where we simply judge the broad by her face and her curves. If a man has a good job, good sense of humour, powerful personality, loads of charm, exciting/adventourous/romantic, very good dress sense or any combination of these things - those by themselves can create attraction more substantial than just a good face, hair and body.

uncomfortable man said:
People are just clueless and unsympathetic about anything that does not directly affect them or that they have not experienced themselves. They will have an attitude like "sucks for him" or "glad I'm not that guy". Like that one woman who lumped baldness with being overweight, saying both are common but that doesn't make it acceptable. Baldness for the most part can't be helped, so by being so unforgiving they are basically implying that we have no other choice but to roll over and die.

So why don't you just roll over and die, if this is what you yourself believe? Or do you admit, that what a few random silly women think on the internet, simply doesn't affect you as much as you make it out to be?

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:

thank you for proving your own point....you are one of the people on here with blindspots...guys like you and U-man and dudemon will actively seek out negative evidence that supports your "anti-bald" theories while either dismissing or failing to recognize the positive evidence that also exists.

So when you say "Can you imagine if that guy had a full head of hair? He would have women left and right and not have to rely on others setting him up." and "Him being bald is a major flaw (even though it's not the gu';s fault) and I can see why many wouldn't want to date the guy. It would be the same as if he was just ugly" you're completely ignoring the fact that the Original Poster from that thread himself says that Carson has zero problems with women and dates plenty of attractive women. Instead, you focus on the the part where one woman refuses to date him just because hes bald, and use that to corroborate your theory that bald = ugly and undateable.

But to YOU, the fact that he happened to be spontaneously introduced to this woman via the thread maker, who erroneously assumed they would be a good match means that he "relies" on being set up by others...and the fact that he has to "rely on others to set him up" (which is already an incorrect assumption) means that hes unattractive due to his baldness and therefore has difficulty with meeting women? So notice how you have chosen to create an entirely different scenario based on your own negative beliefs?

And guess what...even attractive men can, and in many cases are introduced to other women by "others." And even if that weren't the case, like I said...the thread maker made no mention of his bald friend having to be frequently set up with women by other people...this was just a specific scenario in which he thought two mutual friends would make a good couple.

And U-man, for the love of GOD!...Can't you friggin see how you create so much of your own misery by some of these insane conclusions you come to? Put it this way....are you attracted to every woman you see? Obviously not....but for those women who you aren't attracted to and therefore wouldn't want to date...do you just expect them to roll over and die? I would sincerely hope not! So why do you just assume that because a woman may not be attracted to a bald man that means she wishes he would just roll over and die?! Hell, it doesn't even just relate to dating...I agree with the theory that we may think "Glad I'm not that guy." If I see a guy who is pretty short...while I may be glad I'm not his height, do I automatically dismiss him as a person altogether and wish that he would just die because he has a quality that I wouldn't myself wish to possess? No, but most other people all think like that don't they? They all want "bald losers" like me and you to know how inferior and useless we are because we don't have hair. They live their lives for the sole purpose of reminding us of our defect and wishing that we were dead because we serve no purpose otherwise. Everybody who isn't genetically perfect is actually a useless waste of space and should just roll over and die....yeah, you definitely see things from a fair reasonably sound perspective and definitely DON'T show any elements of clinical paranoia. You're the only sane person in this world full of sadistic, cruel lunatics.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think there would have been no harm in Jessica agreeing to going out on one date with Carlson just to see what he is like. Its not like this was going to be an arranged marriage. The other point I was trying to make was most women will still agree to go on a date with a good looking guy who is a doctor. Women do really care about what a guy does for a living. And dating a doctor just sounds good even if the doctor is just starting out with thousand of dollars of student loans. Jessica is obviously a shallow insecure person simply because she refused to even go out on one date with a person who a very good friend recommended to give it a try. I think the problem with alot of people now a days is they don't want to give certain people a chance even for just one date to see how things go. I was guilty of that myself but I have learned there is no harm in just meeting a person for a date just to see how you click. You think every marriage is based on looks ALONE. And if they are, those marriages never last because looks fade.
Sometimes I would not be surprised if some women actually have other reasons for wanting to dump a balding boyfriend. And it has nothing to do with their hair and more to do with something else and they just use the balding as an obvious excuse to gain sympathy from their shallow friends. Then of course people on this forum truly believe the balding issue was the only real reason and this is why so many people think their life is over if they are going bald. I have been on this earth a lot longer than many of the posters on here and I have never once heard someone DISLIKE someone because they are balding or bald. I have heard people joking about someone's baldness but its common for people to make fun of other people out of insecurity and jealously. Most people will pick up some obvious flaw when they look at another person and then use it against them when they feel threatened or insecure. If your skinny, they will call you toothpick. If you are fat, they will call you a blimp. If you are short they will call you a shrimp. If you are very tall, they will call you a giant. If you have acne, they will call you zit face. If you look feminine, they will call you a f**. If you have gray hair, they will call you an old man. Its human nature to cut each other down when feeling threatened or insecure. Even the alpha male will be called a stuck up prick or narcissus. This is why we are so concerned about how we look because we know that people will make fun of our flaws if they feel threatened in anyway.
Most people are on here to save their hair so they won't have another flaw people can use against them. If there was no such thing as bad mouthing each other based on how we look, this forum would have very few members.
How many times have each of us refused to date someone based on just one particular flaw. Yet if the person was famous, most of us would not reject the celebrity with same flaw simply because being with a celebrity makes you look better. Let's face it, you date someone if they can make YOU look better. These bald guys that get these hot women look better then the NW1 who gets an average looking or ugly girl. And sometimes we will use our flaws as an excuse when we find no women are interested in us. If you seem interesting, most women will give you a chance regardless of your flaws except the shallow and insecure ones who would be worried of what people might think if they dated a guy with such a flaw.
This forum is full of men who fear they are going to have another flaw that society(mostly females looking for a mate) will use against them when they don't succeed in the goals they seek to accomplish. Its only naturally, if you make a comment about some woman's flaw, she will come right back at you with calling you out on one of your flaws and balding seems to be one of the top picks for women simply because they have learned how important our hair is to us. We taught women our weaknesses and they are going to use it against us if they feel threatened. They know we care of how big our penis measures up or how well it can satisfy them sexually like a p**rn star and about our physique and muscles. They will use it against you if you piss them off. We know their weakness too. They care about their weight, their breast size, and their appearance and if you make any negative reference to any of those weaknesses, you will set them off. And even members of the same sex will use their knowledge of these weakness to use as defense mechanisms as well to turn against those they feel threatened or to lessen the competition so to speak. Let face it, we are all here due to our insecurities. You want to make friends with "the enemy", then only give complements and you will learn you will get the same respect back as long as the person does not feel threatened or insecure by you. We have no one to blame but ourselves for letting our world get like this. It took me so many years to realize all this and if I knew this 20 years ago, I know I would have lived a much more fulfilling life. You have to like yourself before you can really live life to the fullest and enjoy what little time you have here on earth. I am finally learning to accept liking myself regardless of my flaws because I know looks fade and you are never going to look young forever. Eventually, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise will be replaced by a younger generation but they will try to hold on to their youth as long as possible and their is really nothing wrong with that. My biggest reason for trying to save my hair was just to hold on to my youth as long as possible because I messed up my youth because I was too absorbed into worrying about my looks and never liking myself or what I saw in the mirror. I hope some of you younger people learn from my mistake and don't think losing your hair is going to ruin your life. Your youth is more precious than your hair. Its true losing your hair may make you look older on the outside but you still have so much life ahead of you and your body parts still are going to work better than a guy twice your age. Don't let these women who posted all this garbage of why they won't date a balding guy ruin your life. They know this is your Achilles heal and they will hold power over your life if you let them. Don't let them rob you of your youth. I wish everyday someone will invent a time machine so I can redo my life. However, that is not going to happen. So if I can help some of you young people change your negative attitudes about your balding heads, then I feel at least I did accomplish something positive in life.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
People being in denial about the importance of looks to women isnt new to here, some genuinely believe what women say when they claim they value personality and attitude more, despite what actually happens in the real world (see my posts in the dealing with nw1s thread for my experience).

The denial continues here though and gets worse. That bald guy Jessica rejected is not good looking at all, unless we're judging against other bald men only? Relative to an average NW1 he aint good looking.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
I think there would have been no harm in Jessica agreeing to going out on one date with Carlson just to see what he is like. Its not like this was going to be an arranged marriage. The other point I was trying to make was most women will still agree to go on a date with a good looking guy who is a doctor. Women do really care about what a guy does for a living. And dating a doctor just sounds good even if the doctor is just starting out with thousand of dollars of student loans. Jessica is obviously a shallow insecure person simply because she refused to even go out on one date with a person who a very good friend recommended to give it a try. I think the problem with alot of people now a days is they don't want to give certain people a chance even for just one date to see how things go. I was guilty of that myself but I have learned there is no harm in just meeting a person for a date just to see how you click. You think every marriage is based on looks ALONE. And if they are, those marriages never last because looks fade.
Sometimes I would not be surprised if some women actually have other reasons for wanting to dump a balding boyfriend. And it has nothing to do with their hair and more to do with something else and they just use the balding as an obvious excuse to gain sympathy from their shallow friends. Then of course people on this forum truly believe the balding issue was the only real reason and this is why so many people think their life is over if they are going bald. I have been on this earth a lot longer than many of the posters on here and I have never once heard someone DISLIKE someone because they are balding or bald. I have heard people joking about someone's baldness but its common for people to make fun of other people out of insecurity and jealously. Most people will pick up some obvious flaw when they look at another person and then use it against them when they feel threatened or insecure. If your skinny, they will call you toothpick. If you are fat, they will call you a blimp. If you are short they will call you a shrimp. If you are very tall, they will call you a giant. If you have acne, they will call you zit face. If you look feminine, they will call you a f*g. If you have gray hair, they will call you an old man. Its human nature to cut each other down when feeling threatened or insecure. Even the alpha male will be called a stuck up prick or narcissus. This is why we are so concerned about how we look because we know that people will make fun of our flaws if they feel threatened in anyway.
Most people are on here to save their hair so they won't have another flaw people can use against them. If there was no such thing as bad mouthing each other based on how we look, this forum would have very few members.
How many times have each of us refused to date someone based on just one particular flaw. Yet if the person was famous, most of us would not reject the celebrity with same flaw simply because being with a celebrity makes you look better. Let's face it, you date someone if they can make YOU look better. These bald guys that get these hot women look better then the NW1 who gets an average looking or ugly girl. And sometimes we will use our flaws as an excuse when we find no women are interested in us. If you seem interesting, most women will give you a chance regardless of your flaws except the shallow and insecure ones who would be worried of what people might think if they dated a guy with such a flaw.
This forum is full of men who fear they are going to have another flaw that society(mostly females looking for a mate) will use against them when they don't succeed in the goals they seek to accomplish. Its only naturally, if you make a comment about some woman's flaw, she will come right back at you with calling you out on one of your flaws and balding seems to be one of the top picks for women simply because they have learned how important our hair is to us. We taught women our weaknesses and they are going to use it against us if they feel threatened. They know we care of how big our penis measures up or how well it can satisfy them sexually like a p**rn star and about our physique and muscles. They will use it against you if you piss them off. We know their weakness too. They care about their weight, their breast size, and their appearance and if you make any negative reference to any of those weaknesses, you will set them off. And even members of the same sex will use their knowledge of these weakness to use as defense mechanisms as well to turn against those they feel threatened or to lessen the competition so to speak. Let face it, we are all here due to our insecurities. You want to make friends with "the enemy", then only give complements and you will learn you will get the same respect back as long as the person does not feel threatened or insecure by you. We have no one to blame but ourselves for letting our world get like this. It took me so many years to realize all this and if I knew this 20 years ago, I know I would have lived a much more fulfilling life. You have to like yourself before you can really live life to the fullest and enjoy what little time you have here on earth. I am finally learning to accept liking myself regardless of my flaws because I know looks fade and you are never going to look young forever. Eventually, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise will be replaced by a younger generation but they will try to hold on to their youth as long as possible and their is really nothing wrong with that. My biggest reason for trying to save my hair was just to hold on to my youth as long as possible because I messed up my youth because I was too absorbed into worrying about my looks and never liking myself or what I saw in the mirror. I hope some of you younger people learn from my mistake and don't think losing your hair is going to ruin your life. Your youth is more precious than your hair. Its true losing your hair may make you look older on the outside but you still have so much life ahead of you and your body parts still are going to work better than a guy twice your age. Don't let these women who posted all this garbage of why they won't date a balding guy ruin your life. They know this is your Achilles heal and they will hold power over your life if you let them. Don't let them rob you of your youth. I wish everyday someone will invent a time machine so I can redo my life. However, that is not going to happen. So if I can help some of you young people change your negative attitudes about your balding heads, then I feel at least I did accomplish something positive in life.

Best post I have read on here for A LONG time.

Although you all think my hairloss is nothing, I look less attractive now then when I was 20 due to it. The NW2 has made my forehead BIGGER, both horizontally and wider. Yet I have had sex, kissed girls now, and only last night I was called "charming" by a very very hot girl. Who really liked me.

Earlier on in the night, I caused a bit of a stir wiht a few girls with one barging the other one over by proclaiming "get out of the way he is my bf".

If you do not have looks on your side, you have to work on being charming, either through flirting with them well, dancing with them well (both I can do) and act cool. You have to also listen to them, show your sensitive side when it counts, when you are so self absorbed in yourself - all you think about is yourself. And even if this does not reflect from what you say, it will reflect in your body language. One of my good mates right now, is female, and she always tells me off when my body language is off.

I have seen very bald guys with very beautiful girls (who hooked up with them after they lost their hair) so it isn't impossible. It just means you may have to go through a lot of girls to find that one.

A lot of it is a mental game. YES looks help, but when they are fading, you have to do what you can with what you have got. The compliments I recieved I NEVER got them when I was a NW0, rather girls would say that I am weird, and geeky. Now they think I am sexy. Of course I do get blown out now, but that happens to EVERY guy.

Girls look at the package.

NW6 like Carson is much better off then a NW6 who has nothing going for him.

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a full head of hair all through my 20's, 30's and even 40's, and no, that is not all it takes. You have to have a "rap" and confidence, as well as having your sh*t together and money. Sorry, but as they say "its' just as easy to fall in love with a rich guy as a poor one".

I was actually considered decent looking, but, if you have a shitty job, etc, or poor social skills, you will only go so far. Hair and looks only get you in the door. If I had it all over, I would have gotten real serious about school and my career and stop chasing girls. Once you have the career, they start coming to you.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
47thin said:
I had a full head of hair all through my 20's, 30's and even 40's, and no, that is not all it takes. You have to have a "rap" and confidence, as well as having your sh*t together and money. Sorry, but as they say "its' just as easy to fall in love with a rich guy as a poor one".

I was actually considered decent looking, but, if you have a shitty job, etc, or poor social skills, you will only go so far. Hair and looks only get you in the door. If I had it all over, I would have gotten real serious about school and my career and stop chasing girls. Once you have the career, they start coming to you.

Exactly

People hide behind their flaws.

I konw ill find it more difficult when i do buzz the head, but im not deluded. You have to work for it, put yourself in the right positions, be confidence and socialable, regardless

there are whole, far bigger forums than this, dedicated to getting woman. These forums are FULL of chumps who cant pull girls -- most of them have NW1's strangely enough many of whom are actually quite decent looking!

I think alot of guys would be shocked on here how they'd still suck with woman if they had the perfect head of hair for one night.

How many of these guys complaining about their hairloss like it wrecked their lives ever were all that? I doubt any becausse they wouldn't be as insecure as that if they were

I do sympathise with my position and many others on here though - average enough guy with hairloss getting them doing. Of course im conscious of it myself - it fuckin sucks, im only 24. Ill be damned if it is my sole excuse for not getting girls though!

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Oknow said:
Colin297 said:
47thin said:

Exactly

People hide behind their flaws.

I konw ill find it more difficult when i do buzz the head, but im not deluded. You have to work for it, put yourself in the right positions, be confidence and socialable, regardless

there are whole, far bigger forums than this, dedicated to getting woman. These forums are FULL of chumps who cant pull girls -- most of them have NW1's strangely enough many of whom are actually quite decent looking!

I think alot of guys would be shocked on here how they'd still suck with woman if they had the perfect head of hair for one night.

How many of these guys complaining about their hairloss like it wrecked their lives ever were all that? I doubt any becausse they wouldn't be as insecure as that if they were

I do sympathise with my position and many others on here though - average enough guy with hairloss getting them doing. Of course im conscious of it myself - it fuckin sucks, im only 24. Ill be damned if it is my sole excuse for not getting girls though!

More to the point:

How many of the guys on here can actually approach a woman stone cold sober, and hold her attention for longer then 10 minutes?

Not many, I bet.

For sure. Its tough out there and i appreciate good lookin guys get it alot easier because barriers are already broken for them

BUT most people on here seriously underestimate how far a carisma, good body language, nice clothes, good grooming, being approachable and an interesting personality can really go. Easier said that done, but at least these things are under our control!

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
@Nene:Thanks for backing me up man.

@bigentries:I wasn't being mean,I was just stating the truth.When I am middle aged maybe I would be forced to accept whats thrown at me but right now its hard to come to terms especially when everyone else around you is getting all the *** they can.

Honestly you must be high dude.....I never said that all women are shallow but I feel a vast majority of the young ones certainly are.
So why are you complaining about their shallowness then if you can't even face your own shallowness?

mpbsux20 said:
Imagine this,if a guy with thick NW1 gives you a hard time for being bald, wouldn't you feel like beating him to a pulp ? or in certain cases wish he learns about being bald the hard way ?
That is my point. People over here write like they don't want the NW1 to feel like a bald man. They wish to be the NW1 giving the bald man a hard time

Nene said:
Except he wasn't making fat jokes, he was just saying what he isn't attracted to. I don't think most of the reasonable guys on here expect women to like us if they don't like bald men. People are attracted to what they like and can't help it. We can however expect people to not make jokes or be prejudiced against us w/o expecting them to be attracted to us. Same way fat women can expect to be treated with dignity and not be the butt of jokes, does that mean we have to want them sexually?
It wasn't him I was referring.
Someone said once that women who are attracted to bald men are "overweight white trash with 5 kids". Several other prejudiced comments about unattractive women are posted here every time relationships are discussed
People here complain that a single comment in a news story compares bald men with rapists, but they don't have a problem with prejudiced comments about women