Official Spectral DNC Thread

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just look at the box/bottle... if it says Procyanidin B-2 and C-1 then its the new stuff....

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
buy your bottle and start growing hair..

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey DNCers

Just thought I'd give you an update on my DNC experience.

I'm now 6 months into using DNC both morning and night and, same as always, there doesn't appear to be any real difference in my hair! It is no better, nor is it any worse. I am getting a haircut this coming weekend so will be able to post some comparative pictures comparing my 1.5 year, 3 year and current (4.2 years which is also 6 months of DNC use) results.

I recently purchased some Rogaine foam which I have been using for the past couple of days for my morning application in place of DNC. Unsure whether it will assist in my results, but one thing is for certain, it dries a million times quicker and gives a million times better cosmetic result than using DNC!! I love the stuff!!

You get none of the stiffness (in your hair that is!) of DNC and the Rogaine foam even seems to add some volume / thicken your hair! It rocks!!

Anyways, I'll keep this thread posted as I'll still be using DNC at night (and also started Revita every other day last week).

Def

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yo Mos,

Doesnt your hair get even a little stiff from the foam?

I use the foam and mine does. How do you avoid it getting stiff?

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope - doesn't make my hair stiff at all.

I just get out of the shower and towel dry my hair until it's probably 80% - 90% dry, rub in the foam, put my shirt and trousers on and then style away. Perfect.

Now if only the stuff works to regrow my hair...

djthomas85

Reaction score
hey guys, im a newbie to the dnc scene, only been on it 3 days.

ive been on rogaine foam for 7 months prior to dnc, and recently purchased another 4 month supply of foam, as it did very well in improving my hairline, however this dnc sounds very impressive, so im gonna give it a go.

obviusly nothing to report thus far.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
DJ,

did you get any shedding on foam?

Def: Towel dry? WHY? ouch...

blaze: At first my hair was stiff, but tried some other shampoos, and its gone.

Possibly using it with nizoral will make it stiff, try with different shampoos and maybe you can find one that doesnt.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Ouch? Why ouch?

It's not like I'm really rough - just a gentle toussle dry...

How does everyone else dry their hair? With a dryer?

djthomas85

Reaction score
i didnt get any sheeding from the foam no.
however, i am definately shedding from the DNC, my hairline has receded a bit, not happy about this.
i got so alarmed that i had to incorperate the foam back into the regime.

i now use dnc before bed, and the foam when i wake up.

As for the question regarding drying hair, i just towell rub mine.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
hum thats really odd to me atleast, first time ive heard DNC causing a shed and foam not.

Maybe it has to do with switching the two somehow? Then kicked in the rogaine shed maybe?

See, DNC has way less minoxidil then rogaine.. everything else in DNC shouldnt really cause a shed.

Def: I pat my hair, then just let it dry on its on. Or use a hair dryer when im in a rush.

I always thought towel drieng was just rough on the hair.

djthomas85

Reaction score
This Dnc is definately causing shedding.
im now using dnc twice a day and foam once per day, because currently i am sitting at home all day revising for my exams, and i definately want to keep foam in there cos i know it works.

i would love to hear more about peoples experiences with DNC.

if my hair gets anyworse, im going on a mission where i will take everything out there all at once.

newguy23

Reaction score
well its been about a month of using spectral dnc on my right temple and i dont see any regrowth yet but i guess it takes more time. i didnt really notice a huge shed, maybe a little shedding but it wasnt really cosmetically noticeable. anyway i really hope that this regrowth kicks in soon cause my hair has been makin me kinda depressed lately. ill report back in another month and hopefully i bring news of regrowth.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
not even white hairs?

what do you guys consider new hairs growing any how? colored hairs?

do you notice peach fuzz getting thicker? more white hairs? look from the side, tilt your head sideways so you get a side view, and shine light on the hair line to see white hairs

newguy23

Reaction score
tomorrow makes week seven on spectral dnc. i do not really see any real regrowth yet. however, if i look very closely i can see tiny peach fuzz hairs but im not sure if they were there be4 i started spectral or not. hopefully the regrowth will come in soon tho. ill continue to update as time goes by. anyone else have any updates to report.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For me, after an initial thickening, things haven't further improved. I'm currently at the 7 month mark of both DNC (night) and foam (morning).

I have been in liquid minoxidil prior for 2 years, and never saw regrowth, I was pretty excited because this combo has been the only thing that offered me more than manteinance, but, as I said, after some initial regrowth, things are now just a bit better than baseline.

I have to remark, that it's been a period of intense stress for me. And when I mean intense, I mean really intense, lots of work, studying and preocupations. Near nervous breakdown kind of stress.

Lot of shedding on my keyboard at the time. A month ago (no joke) I could rub my head and cover a DIN A4 sheet with hairs I shed without leaving a cm without a hair. 300+ at a time, seriously.

Happily, now I'm more relaxed and hair seems to stay longer attached to my scalp.

After I had my initial results I planned to post some pics, but then this stressful period came, so I'll wait a couple of monts for making a pic comparison. I would like to see how it looks after recovering from the shed.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Sorry I've been so slack in posting an update. I think I'm just over 8 months in using Spectral DNC - and for 2 months of that I have been using Rogaine foam in the mornings.

I don't think I saw any substantial regrowth with the DNC in the first 6 months, but my hair is looking a bit better after I started using the foam in the mornings. I also noticed that I started shedding quite a bit after I began using the foam - whether that's foam related or seasonal I don't know yet but I'm hopeful. Anyway, I'm overdue for a haircut (again) so I promise to post pics (again!) after this next haircut.

The foam is an absolute revolution as far as I'm concerned. Applications are so much easier and quicker - I'm tempted to use that alone... but will persist with DNC at least in the evenings until I've finished my remaining two bottles.

Def

PS - one thing I've noticed, after advice from my hairdresser no less, is that a cold water rinse at the end of a shower really reduces any hair loss I experience while towel drying and/or styling my hair... I think it constracts the skin or follicle muscles and perhaps holds the hair in better...

newguy23

Reaction score
yea its been a little over two months and no real significant regrowth is visible as of yet. im still gonna give it atleast 6months and see what happens. if anything remarkable happens ill let you guys know. im prayin i get somethin growing though. i really want to improve the density throughout my hairline. i guess ill have to wait and see