Official Spectral DNC Thread

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, this thread is for DNC users. You can post updates, rants, raves, tips, info and theories etc.

ALL DNC INFO CAN BE PUT INTO THIS ONE THREAD FOR EASY REFERENCE
Been using the DNC for a few days, so far so good.

Should know by next week if its helping the hair on the hairline.

I do notice the head aches for me are getting less, but I am using ALOT less then what is written.

They say 10 sprays, 2x a day. Thats 1 mil each 10 sprays, 2ml a day. That means one bottle is supposed to last one month. The hell with that.

I use about 2 sprays per temple and the stuff still drips down, by any means DO NOT follow my applications of only 2 sprays, as they say on the brochure if you dont use the recommended dosage, wait ill get the paper and see what it says; they say for DNC to "be effective" it must be used 2 per day.

However keep in mind my hair is already growing back fast on my regime, and I use other topicals like Nutrifolica, and some other special hair thinning gel stuff. (see blog)

So thats why im using so little, not to mention i have little hair loss, just temples, so, I dont really BUY what devineskin is saying.

Heres why, if you need to put 20 sprays to make it effective, and minoxidil(DNC) is dose dependant, how can it be the same for all people?

Less hair loss, less sprays needed is my understanding.

If anyone else has same ideas, or is also putting less post.

So far DNC makes your hair VERY stiff, so be carefull combing/washing hair. I use a hair growing gel wich i put on before i wash my hair, to moisturize the hairs and make them less brittle.

DNC seems to make hairs very stiff, even just applieng on the scalp, this makes me believe the nanosome absorbtion technology is working good, and is absorbed into the hair. SIDE NOTE, This might actually be bad because the DNC is absorbed into hair instead of scalp/roots. Although its something you really cant escape, best option is to minimize it as much as possible, and keep your hair cut short so less to absorb in.

Like I said I use about two sprays, and it drips around, so what i do is put some sprays, let it dry/soak in. Then come back few minutes later and put more sprays. This should increase the effectiveness, (guess) and inhibit DNC run off.

Have a wet rag ready and always clean the area from temples to eyes and brows. Sometimes the run off goes down the side and that WILL cause hair to grow ther. DNC brochure specifically says to wash excess off of face and hands to stop unwanted facial growth.

Hope you enjoyed my ideas, Ill be posting more info, updates, and stuff, hope all DNC users do the same.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
What makes this the official thread?

...because i said so...

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
well, its better to put a thread dedicated the DNC then 50 mini threads on it. and, why is everyone quoting chemistrykid?

psych721027

Reaction score
Definately use an eyedropper and apply to the areas you need it. Using the sprayer that comes with it is just a waste. I use about 0.5ml-0.75ml and just put in on my top front, hairline and temples. After I have it spread on, I massage it into my scalp. Some gets in my hair, but most gets absorbed. I massage in until it's tacky. After a few minutes the hair is soft again and no residue at all.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll jump on this thread - I think it's a good idea to have a dedicated Spectral DNC thread.

For my part, I must say that I am relatively disappointed with DNC (so far), as from all the reviews I read online it seemed like a wonder product. I am now into my 4th month on DNC and can't see that I've seen any progress, though I plan to stick with it for a full 12 months before making a call either way.

As for application, I apply 1ml morning and night, using the dropper from my old minoxidil bottle. I found that the spray on my DNC bottles kept getting clogged, plus I think I get a better and more accurate application using a dropper. Certainly, the stuff does make your hair really stiff and brittle, but I find if you just run a brush through it a couple of times it softens up. In fact, it seems to thicken up the hair a little which I quite like.

If you haven't read my regimen tab, I've been on finasteride for 4 years now (will post my 4 year update soon) and Min for 4 years also, though up until 3 and half months ago, I was only using Min once a day (and it was some pharmacy made 5% with Retin-A). I've only ever had crown loss and have had complete maintenance which is great, though I was hoping that DNC and twice daily applications would give me a boost and results like SE-Freak!

It may also be worth mentioning that I'm on the old DNC formula - the yellow one with the cloggy spray bottle. I've heard that they've now changed the formula slightly to make it more user friendly.

I'll return here with my 6 month DNC update.

Def

Petchsky

Reaction score
Be interesting to keep an eye on your progress, but to me DNC seems like a way of getting a higher price for minoxidil by adding one or two things to it, but i could be proven wrong. Gd luck yo :D

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
You're probably right - though money is not really an issue.

What is an issue is styling, and because of this I've actually been thinking about purchasing some Rogaine foam to use in the am as I hate trying to style my hair after using DNC - it gets crazy stiff!

Will keep y'all posted.

Def

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That´s what I´m doing right now: Foam in the morning, DNC at night.

I´ve been a month on Spectral DNC and two weeks on the foam.

Hair is in shitola right now, shedding lots even before starting the DNC and even more since then.

I have been using the Big 3 for two years right now, and got good thickening from it, but now it´s heading to baseline. I only maintain gained thickness at the front, which wasn´t so affected in the first place. Crown, main problem, is thin again...

I hope this stuff works as it promises, but I´m not too optimistic. After all it´s plain old minoxidil. I would be happy if I just recover from the shed...

The good news is that I have discovered toppik: I sprinkle just a bit, add some hairspray, I run my fingers through the hair, and everything looks much, much better. But I´m not so happy wearing that stuff, it makes me feel guilty and a bit paranoid...

Also the foam leaves my hair a bit shitty... it loses some brightness, and I don´t fancy wearing styiling stuff on a daily basis...

Everything has its downsides, damn I hate hairloss!!!

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have the same pattern of loss as me, Solo - perfect hairline but thinning on the crown.

It's weird, but from an academic perspective, I thought I would have been the ideal candidate for these hairloss products. They're all approved to work primarily on the crown but neither finasteride nor Min has been able to grow back my thinning crown yet. Perhaps my male pattern baldness is too aggressive or perhaps I'm yet to reap the results - either way, I'm thankful that I've maintained my hair to date and that I'll be turning 30 this year with my hair still in pretty good shape.

Like I said previously, I'm over 3 months into my DNC regimen but have not seen cosmetic results yet. This could, however, be due to the fact that my crown hair has been thin for so long it will take quite some time to come back...

Stay optimistic!!

Def

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
True, I´ve never had an inch of recession. Only thinning at the crown and a bit at top, middle part line. I was hoping good results as the crown zone seems so easy to regrow...

But it hasn´t fill my expectations. To be true, I was quite happy after 7-8 months, my hair thicken a lot everywhere, but the crown.

I was also losing it in the cowlick for many years at a very slow pace before treatments, so this could be an important factor.

What fires me up is that now, after two years, hair is going downhill again. Today at work I was checking some planes for a while on my desk, and I noticed that bunch of shed hairs at a corner, and then a lot more all around... not normal

I hope it could be the damn Spectral DNC+foam combo starting to work, but seeing hairs going to trash is no good, and quite stressing... I didn´t shed that many hairs when starting the Big 3!!.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And other point: I was on minoxidil before finasteride, and never responded too good to minoxidil.

Have you tried regular liquid minoxidil before??

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Be interesting to keep an eye on your progress, but to me DNC seems like a way of getting a higher price for minoxidil by adding one or two things to it, but i could be proven wrong. Gd luck yo :D

nha, DNC isnt just a few products to pay more. Its really hi tech, you have nanosomes, wich have all the ingredients in them wich are 200 times smaller then human cells, this makes the minoxidil and other stuff absorb better then normal minoxidil. It also has another clinically proven growth stimulant, that doesnt shed, apsertin (or something)

as well as herbal extracts (wich im a big believer in) and high Grade minoxidil, as well as other stuff :) its not just minoxidil :)

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Solo - yep, I've had pretty much the same results as you it sounds - however, my hair still hasn't started going downhill much and I'm 4 years in. I've just maintained, but my problem area (the crown) has never thickened up with using both finasteride and minoxidil for 4 years. I used regular minoxidil for over 3.5 years of my regimen but only ever once a day. Now that I've started DNC I've moved to twice a day to try and finally boost my crown into regrowth!! Like you, however, I suspect I'd been losing it from the crown for a number of years before starting treatments.

Grower - you're right, DNC does have Aminexil, peptides, herbal extracts, allegedly encapsulated in nanosomes, however, really - Minoxidil is the ONLY thing in there that has FDA approved science behind it. I believe Aminexil was approved by some authority in Europe, however, it has never taken off much because it has never proved to be that effective. I think it's also in some of the L'Oreal products.

Anyhow, I'm going to stick with the DNC for at least a year or so but might sub in Rogaine foam for the morning applications....

Watch this space!

Def

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok, I´ll try to post results here as well!!!

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil 5%
Aminexil SP94
Retinol
Vitamin Complex
Herbal Extracts
Nanosomes
Adenosine
Procyanidin B-1 and C-2

Sure its a little pricey but it covers all the grounds so nothing is left out.I use this before bed (because i could care how my hair looks while i sleep.) Then the foam after I shower (usually when i get up). Just like the liquid minoxidil it makes your hair look like crap unless you take a ton of time applying it. The sprayer is kinda crap so i use an eyedropper.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
yes, minoxidil is the only tested thing, but i love my natural products and im a big believer!

PS: bout one week on DNC< i had lots of white hairs before, think im getting more now, also i didnt put on dnc/minoxidil today, just a hunch testing theory maybe give hair time to grow, will aply dnc tommorw

Wolfdude

Reaction score
OK. I'm on board with this one guys. I want to see how this spectral DNC measures up. :roll:

After reading all the info on it I decided to purchase some from http://orbitus-superstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=3043 because they seemed to have the best deal and the new version with the improved spray nozzle.

Today was the first day of use. It was awkward applying compared to liquid minoxidil. But it did dry much quicker and gave my hair a thicker appearance which was nice. I did have more of a tingling sensation shortly after applying than I've experienced with plain minoxidil. Hopefully that's a good sign. I've seen numerous complaints that the nozzle clogs up but I have the new type so maybe that won't happen. If it does I'll probably do like others and use a dropper. The bad thing about this is that I would have liked to use the dropper from my minoxidil bottle but the new type of Spectral has a taller/thinner bottle that makes it more difficult. I think the older bottle of Spectral DNC looked like the right size for making the switch. Oh well.

My biggest fear is another dreaded shed. :freaked2: I shed like a motherfucker the first 3 weeks on plain minoxidil and was quite disturbed by the cruelty of torment involved.

I also just started MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) today. Not that it will help much but if it grows one damn hair it'll be worth it. I didn't plan on adding more than one thing at a time to my regimen because it makes it harder to figure out what is actually working. But I view MSM as a minor adjustment.

Anyway, I hope Spectral D does some good. It's one thing to watch your hair go down the f*****g sink, but it's another to watch your money go down with it. This sh*t can get expensive real quick.

Good luck all! :D