Official Spectral DNC Thread

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
its okay to miss a DNC treatment right?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i miss treatments left and right lol. probably average 2 a week ... it might stunt the rate of growth a tad but as long as you dont go days or anything without it i think you'd be ok. I always get my DNC on before bed tho. So if i do miss a treatment its the foam (ie i was to lazy/busy to shower that day lol)

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
so im on this stuff for a little less then 2 weeks, and it did as expected. Boosted my already growing hair, made it grow faster and is bringing in more white hairs faster and thicker.

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
How well does this stuff dry? You spray and message it in, right?

I'm thinking of starting minoxidil and this stuff sounds way better than Rogaine. I'm just concerned how it looks after applying it.

Jm0311

Reaction score
hmmm my temples arent that bad i just need a bit of regroth....do Norwood 1.75 use this? would it be worth it?

i might try the eye dropper idea if i do

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
it dries quickly, with a sticky residue. Its basicly invisible, however maybe under some lights you see an oily shine to where you applied it. This i usually get with all topicals, so im not sure if you can see it or not. Generally you cant really.

as far as being better then rogaine foam, i think possibly it might. ppl have had regrowth (supposedly) with this when rogain failed.

your supposed to rub it in with fingers, but i just use the spray nozzel, i figure its the exact same thing, if not better because your not loosing any on fingers.

do Norwood 1.75 use this? I would say yes, anyone up to a two would according to my results, benefit greatly and quickly from this product.

though keep in mind, you wont have as good/fast results as me because i have a very Large regime with many great products.. so..

DNC is still good non the less will see what happens in the next weeks

Jm0311

Reaction score
where was the cheapest place you bought it from. im gonna start with this.
i could use a bit of regrowth in my temples....not that much though..im barely receding

Sean68

Reaction score
theres not much variation in price from what ive seen. you probably
have it better in the us though.

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
TheHairGrower said:
it dries quickly, with a sticky residue. Its basicly invisible, however maybe under some lights you see an oily shine to where you applied it. This i usually get with all topicals, so im not sure if you can see it or not. Generally you cant really.

Sounds good. Do you have any problem combing/brushing your hair after using it?

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
Guy Legend said:
TheHairGrower said:

Sounds good. Do you have any problem combing/brushing your hair after using it?

yes some, heres what i noticed. the DNC makes hair very stiff and coarse, and im assuming brittle. (not sure)

it soaks up into the hair, just by applieng it on the scalp. I havent combed the hair so i dont know. however, i do style it and move it around, and it kinda feels like the loreal thinning shampoo. makes your hair very coarse.

Not sure if the courseness/brittleness strengthens hair asap, or that if you stress the hair when its coarse maybe the hairs are weak? i dont know.

i do know, i tried a new fructis shampoo, Long and Strong.

now, this shampoo feels very nice, and makes my hair slick, light, and feels like no oil on scalp (wich is good for me)

now, i put on the DNC, and the hair is not brittle anymore or stiff, just normal kinda.

i have 5 shampoos, the only one that made this difference was the fructus long and strong.

Wolfdude

Reaction score
Pros & Cons of Spectral DNC

Pros:
1) possibly the most effective topical
2) nice mixture of ingredients
3) drys quick
4) can make hair appear a little thicker
5) nanosome delivery of minoxidil

Cons:
1) spray nozzle does not work well and clogs easily
2) cost ~$30-$40 per 60 ml bottle
3) can make hair very stiff
4) ambiguity in amount to use in instructions along with poor spray
nozzle make you wonder about the products development
5) no long term history

My personal overall assesment--> If money isn't a big deal and you have enough time to comb out the stiffness after applying I would recommend trying this product.

Tips--> Use dropper instead of sprayer. Can use old minoxidil bottle/dropper if available.
Cheapest place I found was http://orbitus-superstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=3043

Hope this helps. Good luck all! :)

Jacob

Reaction score
The minoxidil may not be encapsulated in nanosomes..btw.

The language on their website is very vague on this..and even the package/product doesn't have "minoxidil encapsulated in nanosomes" or something similar, like min.com has for their product.

Jm0311

Reaction score
im barely receding in my temples so i just want something to boost some growth im like a Norwood 1.75. im just not sure about the rogaine foam because everyone sheds like crazy on it...is that right?

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
thats right, go with DNC

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER, PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE ONLY MY INDIVIDUAL RESULTS ON DNC - EVERY PERSON DIFFERS.

I have just finished month 4 of 1ml Spectral DNC applications morning and night.

Unfortunately, I have to say that I have not noticed any regrowth, however, there are a number of reasons why this may be the case:

a) I have been using minoxidil for nearly 4 years, but prior to getting on the DNC, was only using 1.5ml once per day. My hair may have developed a minoxidil tolerance; or

b) I have been losing hair from my crown for at least 5-6 years (and been treating with finasteride and Min for 4 years) and the damage to my follicles could take significantly longer than 4 months of DNC use to reverse; or

c) the improvement to my hair may not yet be cosmetically obvious enough for me to notice;

d) I may not be be a DNC responder.

On the positive side, my hair has not gotten any worse and it has basically maintained with slight / moderate (but unnoticeable when styled) crown thinning.

I plan to continue using DNC for at least 12 months. However, if I see no cosmetic improvement by the end of month 6, I will sub-in Rogaine foam for my morning application. The primary reason will be increased drying speed, though, there has been some talk of increased minoxidil absorption and effect with the foam...

Will keep you posted.

Def

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Def.

Now I´ve been in the DNC for 3 months, and rogaine foam nearly two. I do the foam in the morning and DNC before bed. I´ve been shedding lots, and I mean LOTS of hair. At the beggining they were vellous hairs aplenty, then it started normal hair... I even buzzed it after a month because I didn´t want to see all that mess. I haven´t shed this amount never before.

Now I have it a bit longer again and it´s not looking good. Specially at the crown, diffuse thinning is a b**ch when it´s noticeable, can´t style hair in any way to make it look good. I hope this sh*t starts to work soon...

I have been using finasteride and minoxidil for 2y, and minoxidil just one ap per day for the last year.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
Solo: The foam is causing you to shed.

Def: Sounds like your regime isnt working, especially minoxidil. I also believe nutrition and diet, vitamins, exscersize to be a big part in hair loss.

I think if your healthy, your hair will grow better, maybe your regime needs a more solid foundation such as diet, exsersize, lots of pure water (lots).

For a good diet, you want to eat lots of dark greens, beans, hot stuff, onions, oh lots of onions its good for hair loss +proven, garlic, hot peppers etc.

Lots of pure water, stop with dairies, coffee (switch to tea (green) and organic food, and quiting meats is definetly a good diet for anyone serious about health and even reverse hair loss.

this is a big regime of the biggest kind, life style change, etc.

thought id suggest it seeing as you might be ready for such a big change,

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I assume the foam and Spectral DNC are causing the shed, as I´ve never shed like this before.

But, trust me, it´s quite distressing to see your hair like crap after two years of treatment.

No matter how good I try to rationalize it, I can´t quit to feel nervous about the humongous amount of hair I lose on a daily basis.

I´ve started a new and stressing job two weeks ago, and this just adds up.

I guess I have to build some balls until the foam starts to kick in...

I´ll try to post in this thread regarding my results of Spectral AND rogaine foam.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Grower

Well, I think it's only fair to say that my regimen has worked in that my hair now, at almost 30, is exactly the same as it was when I was 25. Many people would consider that success and I certainly feel much better about losing my hair at the age of 30 than I did at the age of 25.

As for the diet etc - I am already a really healthy eater, that's the way I grew up. Eat heaps of veggies, brown rices and wholewheat pastas, lean proteins and otherwise a low fat diet etc. I do have my "heart starter" coffee in the mornings and eat out a couple of times a week but I don't think that would affect my hair much. If I had to say I had a vice, it would be having too many drinks after work on Fridays and over the weekend. That and the fact that I generally work hard and play hard - which is typical of people in my line of work.

Essentially though, I eat well, exercise regularly and am fit with low body fat etc. I just have a damn pre-disposition to male pattern baldness!!!

I plan to purchase a lasercomb (now it's FDA approved) if, after 12 months of DNC use, I'm still not seeing results (obviously I will keep using minoxidil, but add in the lasercomb).

Def

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
Def: ohh it sounded worse then it was i guess.

try skin needling, its easy, and its kinda refreshing after a while.