Official Spectral DNC Thread

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow thats a great price there. like $10 cheaper then anywhere else. time to stock up.

Wolfdude

Reaction score
Here's a couple of thoughts guys...

I just noticed under the description part of the Spec DNC I bought that Procyanidin B-1 and C-2 was a recent addition. I wonder if this stuff wasn't in the older version with the crapy spray nozzle that people have been complaining about. If so, then the new version has a couple of good things going for it.

Also there is a nice thread about this Procyanidin http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=33143&highlight=procyanidin But it talks about the B-2 rather than the B-1 that's in Spec DNC. I wonder what the difference is?
Anyway, it's something to investigate.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
i supposedly have the new shipment with the supposed serial number starting with S, my sprayer cloged/broke.

anyhow, having awesome fast regrowth, white hairs getting thicker, hair is growing noticibely faster (white hairs) and growing alot longer, they should be getting color soon!

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have just ordered a new bottle, but I forgot to ask specifically for the new "s" series...

Is the old series still around?? Is it likely I´ll get the new one??

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah you got a good chance you get the S bottle, sprayer still clogs though, maybe less then the other, however holding under hot water works fine, you dont need to open it or anything, and dont need to run it every day, just once every few days.

Wolfdude

Reaction score
I got the new sprayer and it clogged on me a couple of days ago too. I just took the sprayer nozzle off and ran it under some water and then was back in business.

I wanted to use Spec DNC morning and night but due to time constraints and cost I plan on just using it that way on the weekends. During the week I'll apply liquid minoxidil in mornings and Spec DNC at night. I hope that will be enough to work.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
Wolfdude said:
I got the new sprayer and it clogged on me a couple of days ago too. I just took the sprayer nozzle off and ran it under some water and then was back in business.

i told you, you dont have to take the sprayer off, just run the whole thing under hot water (sprayer/tube) once every few days or until it clogs

Wolfdude

Reaction score
TheHairGrower said:
Wolfdude said:

i told you, you dont have to take the sprayer off, just run the whole thing under hot water (sprayer/tube) once every few days or until it clogs

I mainly took the sprayer off because I was curious to see what the clog consisted of. It wasn't a big deal. Your suggestion might be a little easier but it may affect the contents of the whole bottle because the storage conditions are supposed to be 59°-86°F. Hot water could alter or damage some of the ingredients. I do think shaking the bottle well prior to use helps because the denser material settles at the bottom. Anyway, I suspect the manufacturers will begin to convert to droppers in the future seeing how this clogging issue appears to still be a problem. :roll:

Reaction score
Hey guys two questions - has DNC made your vellus (peach fuzz) hairs go termina, specifically on the temples and hairline?

And would you say this would be better than folligen?

Wolfdude

Reaction score
-TheHairGrower-
I tried what you said about holding it under hot water. It worked and I think it's a good idea. I just made sure I only held the sprayer part under the water so the whole bottle wasn't exposed. And the water didn't have to be that hot so I think that is a good fix. Nice tip thanks. :D

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
Wolfdude said:
TheHairGrower said:
Wolfdude said:

I mainly took the sprayer off because I was curious to see what the clog consisted of. It wasn't a big deal. Your suggestion might be a little easier but it may affect the contents of the whole bottle because the storage conditions are supposed to be 59°-86°F. Hot water could alter or damage some of the ingredients. I do think shaking the bottle well prior to use helps because the denser material settles at the bottom. Anyway, I suspect the manufacturers will begin to convert to droppers in the future seeing how this clogging issue appears to still be a problem. :roll:

hey wolfdude, yeah, i cant spell, i ment put the sprayer and the nozzle under hot water, not the bottle, thats what the DNC ppl said

"It might be clogged so, run it under hot water to clear it out... and, don't forget to shake the bottle before each use.

Thank You for visiting our website and your interest in our products. "

I also thought shaking before will clog sprayer, but since i run it under water, no problems, lets just say i ran it under about 5 days ago, still not cloged.

Yes, it does turn the peach fuzz into real hair fast. So i noticed, it makes them grow out, thick, and then turn into real hair.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone else notice this bottle emptieng quickly? or is it just me.

im using maximum 10 sprays per day for one temple, i stoped the other side because its not that bad, and noticed the bottle emptieng quickly. I cant imagine using the 10X twice a day, this stuff goes by fast.

Any ideas on less sprays, less effectiveness? they say you need to follow the dosage for results or something.

??

SnowRider22

Established Member
Reaction score
Use a minoxidil dropper. If you can't reach all of the DNC with the minoxidil dropper, transfer the DNC over to a normal Rogaine bottle.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont have a minoxidil dropper. Anyways to everyone spraying it on then rubbing in with fingers, i just rub it in with the sprayer. I figure its just as good as fingers, any comments on this?

also im sure it saves some DNC also.

Wolfdude

Reaction score
I've used Spec DNC for about 10 days now. It's hard to tell how well it's doing because it is so early. No noticeable shedding or side effects.

I have noticed that the bottle does seem to empty quickly. And I've even cut back on the amount to once a day during weekdays. I held the bottle up to the light and it was about half empty. Arggh. When I have extra time I try to rub in with sprayer to conserve but usually I end up rubbing in with fingers because of run off or I'm in too much of a hurry.

I'm convinced Spec DNC is better than just plain minoxidil but to me it is too expensive. I was doing a cost analysis the other night and estimated that it will take at least $360/year for Spec DNC. While it will only cost me about $300/year for generic Fincar, 5%minoxidil, MSM and 1% Nizoral combined. I haven't started Fincar yet but estimate that I can use it for about $2.70/month and supposedly the drug is the most effective treatment. So I will give it a try and hope the limp shlong side effect doesn't creep in. I like Spec DNC but $ doesn't come easy and I'm looking for the most bang per buck with the least side effects. Of course my hair loss isn't bad yet so I'm not too desperate. If my hair loss gets bad I'll probably get more Spec DNC because I feel it is the most effective topical. But for now I think I'll try Fincar and wait for a generic brand of the Spec DNC formula.

But who knows? If my hair starts growing like a chia pet in the next week or so I may just cough up the $.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
So I will give it a try and hope the limp shlong side effect doesn't creep in.

haha oh no.. good luck..

60$ extra? is it really that much?

darn thing does empty surprisingly fast, well anyhow, it was a one month supply anyways..

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Well - I've been using my minoxidil dropper and the 4 bottles I've been through have lasted exactly 1 month each. I think you get a better delivery this way anyway...

psych721027

Reaction score
Seiously guys, it's been said like a hundred times, get an eye dropper from a drug store and use that. Don't use the spray nozzle. It just wastes it. I only use about 0.5ml on the top front, hairline and temples and that is pretty wet with product and I massage it in. Do that and forget the spray nozzle. You should get 6-8 weeks using 0.5ml, 2x per day then, which isn't too bad cost wise. $45 CAD for 6-8 weeks. Not nearly as good cost ratio as rogaine foam, but the foam aslo doesn't have all the stuff the DNC has either. I believe if you buy the rogaine foam, off the shelf you can get it for $60 US for a 4 month supply. Me, I'm gonna stick with the DNC. I just bought another 3 bottles, so that should give me at least 4 1/2 - 6 months worth.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just go to Walgreen's and get a 1ml eyedropper. its only like $1.

My first bottle JUST ran out last week. But i used it alone for a few weeks then started alternating it with the foam.

and of course i missed a few applications lol. Damn life and my lazyness.