Official Hellouser to Miami Hair Congress 2015 Fund

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Whaat!?
Don't expect anything from the HA members, Joan. The last post goes "I wish nobody on HA gives a single red cent" or something like that.

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
I see my separate comment regarding wigs made it over. How do you state you will not repost out of respect to others, yet still repost? I already know the answer but will try to refrain.

The response by JKSZ is spot on.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Hellouser can you make it a point to ask researchers their thoughts on women's hair loss. No earthly idea what to ask. I hope you don't hear crickets.

Macbeth can you ask those women to give us some questions to ask. No questions about wigs.

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
Macbeth can you ask those women to give us some questions to ask. No questions about wigs.

I cannot. I am a cis-male and don't have an account there. That would be a little weird.

They don't seem to be too interested anyway.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't expect anything from the HA members, Joan. The last post goes "I wish nobody on HA gives a single red cent" or something like that.

Saw your thread on HA. Some of the reactions are frankly staggering and seem very close-minded. Taken seemingly unnecessary offense to that wig comment. One poster -

We are doing what we can to get through the day, some of us spending thousands of dollars a year on hair loss. Not all of us have a dime to spare to support someone we don't know on a trip across north america

But can't donate, $20, or $50 to someone who is going on behalf of the ENTIRE hairloss community, male and female, to bring back as much information and new research as possible both in video and writing. Right.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt expect bald women to be the most rational, emotionally stable creatures on earth... would you?

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see my separate comment regarding wigs made it over. How do you state you will not repost out of respect to others, yet still repost? I already know the answer but will try to refrain.

The response by JKSZ is spot on.

Thx, macbeth81. :) Gotta help out my girl, even though she does a damn good job on her own!

- - - Updated - - -

Hellouser can you make it a point to ask researchers their thoughts on women's hair loss. No earthly idea what to ask. I hope you don't hear crickets.

I was under the assumption that women (such as myself) with Androgenetic Alopecia would benefit from the same treatments as men. I realize some women lose hair for other reasons, but it seems like Androgenetic Alopecia is the most common.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Thx, macbeth81. :) Gotta help out my girl, even though she does a damn good job on her own!

- - - Updated - - -

I was under the assumption that women (such as myself) with Androgenetic Alopecia would benefit from the same treatments as men. I realize some women lose hair for other reasons, but it seems like Androgenetic Alopecia is the most common.

Joan, I know nothing about female hair loss. Now's the time to ask.

Macbeth, my bad.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Joan, I know nothing about female hair loss. Now's the time to ask.

Macbeth, my bad.

My question for Hellouser to ask then is this: Will treatments for men also benefit women diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia?

My main reason for funding Hellouser, though, is for my son's sake. His hair loss is more important than mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Those women don't deserve any help. If they don't understand how this is of crucial importance for all hair loss sufferers, then they're lost.

If I could get one tiny realistic glimmer of hope that a new treatment would be available in a few years, directly from the horse's mouth, that would make me so happy.

But no guys, let's just all buy wigs and not contribute to this because "muh feeelingz!" Sometimes you have to wonder what people's true priorities are.

Like those rednecks who cannot pay their bills while spending all their money on booze and cigarettes, and having a huge plasma screen in their living room.

Maybe if there's not too much missing near the deadline, we could split it in three between Joan, EvilLocks, and me? Would someone else join to help us?

Fred, if it is within my means, I will split the cost for the remaining funds needed.

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
I can probably donate some again if short. The exchange rate is in my favor (USA).

I donate so I don't have to visit hair loss boards anymore. I have been lurking for a decade reading all the optimistic threads just to be crushed over and over again. I want to know, yes or no if we are even close. Some closure would be nice, even if the answer is no.

I am around a NW3 (or NW2 I am not sure the difference) and if I grow my hair out it probably looks like a full head to the uninitiated. I would probably get banished from bald-landia if I posted pictures. Seems odd that I would care more than so many bald as **** guys on these boards. After all, they are living the bald life more than me.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Maybe if there's not too much missing near the deadline, we could split it in three between Joan, EvilLocks, and me? Would someone else join to help us?

I'm in, Fred. Hopefully though someone else can join in, cause there's quite a lot of cash missing right now and I don't know how much I can afford to donate. But I will donate more.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the women on HerAlopecia, I understand their struggle as I'm a fellow female hair loss sufferer myself. But what I don't understand is how they fail to see how important this is for us as hair loss sufferers.

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
Obviously the conference is 18-November, but when is the deadline for the fund-raiser?

I hope Dr. Christiano responds. She is probably getting bombarded.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
As it stands now, the imminent Miami Hair Congress is as close to the Olympics competition as any present hair loss contender "wannabe" can attain.

Therefore I believe thru the necessary concerted effort and push we're slowly seeing, recent efforts being made possible thanks to the great visionaries and giving members of HairLossTalk.com's (with Hell's representation), maybe we can begin to discard the threadbare, hand me down cliche(s) and cynical notion(s) unjustly addressed or ascribed to bald persons long before written history.

Forever it seems, WE hair loss fighters, have been consumed, damned and doomed by the biting flame of primordial prejudice. Ever since we have found other voices to that which we form(ed) largely a kindred identity(chorus) and subsequent creative momentum or force, all key to constructively promoting our formerly unsung and undersold struggle;

We have absolute reason to seize and carry off in the palms of our busy hands, the same angry fire that stifled us, and urgently run with it.

For our concerns to be legitimate and for Androgenetic Alopecia conditions to favorably change OUR collective audacity needs to be actively seen competing inside the global symposium.

Change will happen once we commit to facilitating new methods of generating world-wide attention to our genuine intention(s).
If/When we ultimately progress to a more equal playing field, we'll gain greater access to the respective hair god's otherwise exclusive orbit of professionalism.

We'll finally have something extraordinary: a voice that can no longer be ignored and an organized body that will no longer sit down.

Skip your weekender movie bender and push go start for change and invest in Miami!

EvilLocks

Reaction score
How much of your own money are you willing to pitch in, hellouser?

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just made my contribution. Hellouser, thanks a lot for doing this. Sorry it took me so long; money has been tight. In terms of my own question/comment: I would just passionately tell the researchers how desperate, yet committed, most of us hair loss sufferers are for a new and effective treatment/cure. When I listen to and read what the majority of the hair transplant/hair restoration community states, it would make it seem as if hair transplants are some type of gold standard and today's hair loss treatments are sufficient. Nothing could be further from the truth as is clearly evidenced by the extreme lack of mainstream appeal of today's treatments (I believe only 10% of hair loss sufferers opt for today's treatments and about 5% actually get hair transplants, despite the latter procedure being talked about incessantly and constantly). This dissatisfaction is also evidenced by members of this forum donating our own money to send a representative to "Congress", because we are so passionately interested in a better treatment or cure. Most hair loss sufferers are clearly bothered by their hair loss yet they do not opt for today's treatment options because of how limited and essentially mediocre they are. Something has to change.

If I think of any scientific questions to ask the researchers, I'll post them in this section.

Also, we really have to get Desmond in on this. He could come up with some excellent questions to ask the researchers. The other forum will restrict these efforts in certain ways so I attempted to contact Des at the 2 e-mail addresses which he provided last year when we were all donating to send him to last year's Congress. Hellouser, maybe you have some other means of getting in contact with him since I believe you and him collaborated quite extensively for last year's Congress.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, which other forums has this been fundraising effort been posted on?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Well, my thread on HerAlopecia was taken down today, and quite frankly I am pissed. This makes me remember the time I was banned from HerAlopecia (with my previous account) because I expressed suicidal thoughts (not even really bad ones). This just goes to show yet again that they don't tolerate any "drama" tendencies over there, and that only positivity is welcome. That's it, I'm leaving HerAlopecia for good. This forum is a million times better and the discussion here is open and free. There is room for all kinds of people here, and we cope with this curse in different ways. Anyway hellouser, I really did try to get some donations from HerAlopecia and am sad to say I failed.