Official Hellouser to Miami Hair Congress 2015 Fund

username425

Reaction score
Awesome stuff man.

Are you going to do a write up after? Or would you be interested in doing a live webcam type thing where you can answer questions? I think it would help your planning if you figured out how you're going to disseminate the info afterwards.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome stuff man.

Are you going to do a write up after? Or would you be interested in doing a live webcam type thing where you can answer questions? I think it would help your planning if you figured out how you're going to disseminate the info afterwards.

I'll be doing write ups, but for the interviews I'll try to record the conversation.

Renee1

Reaction score
Good job hell. Ask him if they can do a quick approval with FDA kind of like pilofocus has done with dr wesley. I remember that beren atac last year told Desmond they do not want to mess with growth factors because it complicates things with the FDA

efedrez

Reaction score
***BIG NEWS***

I got a reply from Dr. Lauster's team and Beren Atac is willing to meet up with me at the congress!

That's great! thank you for the effort.

I will try to post the gofundme link on BTT to get more people to help but need to wait for an approval from the forum since there is the issue of the TOS.

I know its been only a few days since you are receiving contributions but we need to get more people to help so you don't have to worry about logistic to much

username425

Reaction score
As per questions, I may PM you some more about specific Dr. Naughton and Histogen inquires.

Their last place almost 'keynote' at the Congress gives me a lot of hope. It was just in May they started raising money for Phase III trials for their HSC complex. Really intrigued to see how far along they are in that aspect. I'm sure Naughton will discuss that in her presentation though.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeh i think Histogen certainly have something coming! I read that the HSC has something to do with hypoxia?

Anyway, Hellouser can you ask Sammumed about their latest phase 2b and why it was needed? Maybe you could ask these guys and Allergan ect if they are aware of 21st century cure's act and how they feel about it?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
As per questions, I may PM you some more about specific Dr. Naughton and Histogen inquires.

Their last place almost 'keynote' at the Congress gives me a lot of hope. It was just in May they started raising money for Phase III trials for their HSC complex. Really intrigued to see how far along they are in that aspect. I'm sure Naughton will discuss that in her presentation though.

Added your question for Dr. Gail Naughton to my list! Check the initial post in this thread :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh i think Histogen certainly have something coming! I read that the HSC has something to do with hypoxia?

Anyway, Hellouser can you ask Sammumed about their latest phase 2b and why it was needed? Maybe you could ask these guys and Allergan ect if they are aware of 21st century cure's act and how they feel about it?

Added all your questions to my list! See the thread's initial post for updates!

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Follicum is going to be at the congress. Source:
http://www.follicum.se/en/news/foll...he-world-congress-for-hair-research-in-miami/

Any thoughts if I should attend their presentation if it doesn't conflict with timing/viewing of another presentation?

- - - Updated - - -

A few more questions are being added to the list for Dr. Gail Naughton:

1) Other than capital/money, what in your view is the biggest obstacle in getting your HSC treatment to the market? There has been speculation that there are problems with controlling cell treatments to create "good" cells vs. "bad" cells.

2) What do you say to people who say that even hair that is regrown through HSC will still be susceptible to DHT/PGD2 production?

3) Have you seen any correlation or is there any reason to believe that this treatment is more effective on younger patients than older patients? Or vice versa?

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
How can I donate without revealing identity?

Just tick the box where it says hide your name from everyone but the organizer. I put in a first name but not my last name. Just an initial. And a Perth postcode.

You could probably use your forum name as it doesnt seem to need to match up your name with card details.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just tick the box where it says hide your name from everyone but the organizer. I put in a first name but not my last name. Just an initial. And a Perth postcode.

You could probably use your forum name as it doesnt seem to need to match up your name with card details.

I've added this info to the first post of this thread :) Thanks guys!

Renee1

Reaction score
Hellouser I have a question for dr manabu ohyama or any other rep for shisheido.

A recent article claimed shisheido will release a cure in 2018, can you comment on this?

Furthermore the article states:

"First medical staff will take some cells to reprogram as induced pluripotent stem cells, the scientific breakthrough that won Shinya Yamanaka the Nobel Prize and a fancy new washing machine back in 2012. At the moment it seems fibroblasts are the go-to ones for the job. These can be found in joints and scar tissue. That sounds a wee bit painful but there is already research into alternative methods such as getting them from urine.Then doctors will remove a piece of your scalp a few millimeters in diameter and just as deep as your roots. This will yield a small sample of the cells which trigger hair growth."

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Is this the method bring pursued by shiehido? Or is it just the replicel technology? [/COLOR]

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser I have a question for dr manabu ohyama or any other rep for shisheido.

A recent article claimed shisheido will release a cure in 2018, can you comment on this?

Furthermore the article states:

"First medical staff will take some cells to reprogram as induced pluripotent stem cells, the scientific breakthrough that won Shinya Yamanaka the Nobel Prize and a fancy new washing machine back in 2012. At the moment it seems fibroblasts are the go-to ones for the job. These can be found in joints and scar tissue. That sounds a wee bit painful but there is already research into alternative methods such as getting them from urine.Then doctors will remove a piece of your scalp a few millimeters in diameter and just as deep as your roots. This will yield a small sample of the cells which trigger hair growth."

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Is this the method bring pursued by shiehido? Or is it just the replicel technology? [/COLOR]

Done.

AFAIK, Dr. Rolf Hoffmann will be attending from Replicel, which is actually great as him and Dr. Kevin McElwee are the actual researchers behind the project.

FiveMore

Reaction score
Thanks Hellouser for taking time out to go and reporting back! I just donated $75. Hope you meet your goal and we get you on your way without you having to spend anymore of your own $$.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser, I didn't realize Replicel would be in attendance, that is great news. Can you as them if they are still on track to initiate the phase 2 trial in 2015/2016 as their reports indicate?

As far as I know, they were supposed to start the Phase II trials earlier this year, but things got stalled. I think they'll be starting within the next few months unless further complications arise. I could ask in person next month of their status? Actually, I'll ask about that for both the Replicel team and the Shiseido team.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser, I finally published the funding request. Hope it helps and best of luck:)

Feel free to comment on there if you have any updates.

Thank you!! This is definitely going to help! We're half way there with funds with still a month to go! :)

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This probably would be the best, biggest and most organised Hair Loss Congress ever. All top researchers in one place. I will donate money soon.

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
Well done admin. I think this forum has a lot more honesty to it unlike that other forum run by that clown Spencer K.