Official Hellouser to Miami Hair Congress 2015 Fund

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree, Winston is a complete doosh and is now actively trying inhibit progress. That site is in the pockets of the hair transplant docs, make no mistake about it. Hopefully people come to realize this sooner than later and that place gets left in the dust.

I totally agree with this statement. I will be donating in a few days once I get paid.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha hellouser that's what I was saying the other day about samumed being on the Congress committee or something. Nice one lifelonglearning!

TheShining

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can ask Dr Cots why they are choosing the oral path and not topical. If there are medical reasons or just for the convenience of the user?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you can ask Dr Cots why they are choosing the oral path and not topical. If there are medical reasons or just for the convenience of the user?

More marketable isn't it. If it's safe in high doses orally (as it looks to be) then selling a pill form, rather than a messy topical, will be much more attractive to the consumer.

I think Cots actually said it would be better delivered topically, but I can't find the source. Considering how expensive it is now, you would get more bang for your buck going topically.

TheShining

Established Member
Reaction score
More marketable isn't it. If it's safe in high doses orally (as it looks to be) then selling a pill form, rather than a messy topical, will be much more attractive to the consumer.

I think Cots actually said it would be better delivered topically, but I can't find the source. Considering how expensive it is now, you would get more bang for your buck going topically.
With all respect I am more interested in Dr Cots point of view than yours :) Its obvious that its more convenient to take it orally but I still would like to ask him if there has been other considerations as well behind the decision. A pill is much more expensive to produce compared to a fluid and it will also require more of the active indigence, so a topical solution might be more marketable in the huge markets with weaker economy. But why not ask the man instead of guessing?

Qub1

Reaction score
Hey hellouser, I have another question which you could possibly ask at the congress.

I am curious about whether it is wisest to get a hair transplant before or after injections from Replicel are performed, since they stated in a video that they will only be providing a "functional cure", that is a cure which will stop the disease but not reverse it (source: https://youtu.be/ejv6qTyedzs?t=11m25s). I'm also curious as whether Shiseido will provide a full cure, since they reportedly have been working on ways to improve Replicels technology and have said themselves they'll have a cure available.

I hope you could get some answers to these questions, and thank you for providing us all with such a great service :)

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
***UPDATE: Oct. 23rd, 2015***

Hotel is booked! I actually booked it last week before I had the available funds, took a bit of a gamble.

I've also yet to hear back from Dr. Christiano. I'll be making another attempt to reach out to her with a follow up email on Monday. If I don't hear back from her by Wednesday, I'm going to try to give her a call directly. Gotta get that approval to record the presentations.

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't have to ask Dr. Cots any of these questions, but I would love to know when we can expect dkk1 blockers, BMP blockers, and micro-RNA blockers drugs for male pattern baldness? Just an idea but they are not too important. Time will tell.

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
in for $222. Really grill those eggheads for some answers
Good show Barfacan ;)

Hellouser, there are members over at that other forum run by that Spencer clown and his cronies, that want to donate to the cause. Is there anyway we can notify them. All my posts are being moderated.

We need to spread that word and abondon that forum, everything is moderated in favour of the the Hair transplant doctors.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
Good show Barfacan ;)

Hellouser, there are members over at that other forum run by that Spencer clown and his cronies, that want to donate to the cause. Is there anyway we can notify them. All my posts are being moderated.

We need to spread that word and abondon that forum, everything is moderated in favour of the the Hair transplant doctors.

If a different account posted every half hour so that it shows up for at least 15 minutes with a link to this thread, or the go fund me page work? I think we could get a few people willing to sacrifice their btt account to help spread the word, myself included... 20 guys should be able to post enough times that at least most will know about it

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Bump!

As expected I'm getting very little response on HerAlopecia. Only one person has commented and said they would donate, in addition to Joan. I see donations are going a bit slow, really hope this turns around. Wake up people, this is such an important cause so I really hope anyone reading this who has not donated will consider doing so! As for me I have donated but can donate more if hellouser falls short.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
Ask Christiano about her new findings and maybe the 3D DP spheres she was using in the mice for human hair. I assume it's a chimera hair overall. How this could have any barings with rapunzel and her other company she is involved with but can't remember the name of the top of my head :)

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
As expected I'm getting very little response on HerAlopecia.

I read the heralopecia thread and the OP got called out.

True we aren’t raising money for research to cure hair loss. We are raising money to send a respected member of our community to gather intel from the top researchers in their field. In another way it is diplomatic. It shows them we care about their research, and reminds them the impact this disease has on real people. The amount being raised is minor in comparison. No one is asking for large contributions. If someone cannot afford a $10 donation, then God bless them. We are a large community and every little bit counts. We can accomplish this together.

As far as wigs are concerned, remove your wig and take a good long look in the mirror and be honest with yourself. You wouldn't be wearing a wig if it was pretty sight.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bump!

As expected I'm getting very little response on HerAlopecia. Only one person has commented and said they would donate, in addition to Joan. I see donations are going a bit slow, really hope this turns around. Wake up people, this is such an important cause so I really hope anyone reading this who has not donated will consider doing so! As for me I have donated but can donate more if hellouser falls short.

I bumped your thread on Heralopecia a day or two ago, hoping more would contribute. I can't think of anyone I'd rather fund more than Hellouser. I guess some women would rather watch their hair die a slow death than help a respectable member maybe give us a glimmer of hope that our misery will one day end. No offense, but it's hard to feel sorry for them sometimes. I'm going to make another donation too if Hellouser falls short. It'd be great if he had some extra money to wine and dine Dr. Christiano--lol!

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Don't expect anything from the HA members, Joan. The last post goes "I wish nobody on HA gives a single red cent" or something like that.