Official Hellouser to Miami Hair Congress 2015 Fund

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed it was removed too. That woman who was on you (I won't mention her username) and I had an exchange, and I noticed it was down after her reply to me. I hadn't planned to continue sparring with her (even though she accused me of baiting her), since I could tell she's the type who needs to get the last word in. Thanks for your effort, EvilLocks. I agree with every word you said about this forum. Thanks, guys, not kicking us out! :D

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
None of the other forums I go to (HLH, HS, BTT). Winston will delete any mention on BTT which is a big hit to the initiative. The blogger made a post, but despite his large following I didn't see much of a boost. Seems only hairlosstalk is very supportive.

Today is the big day to call Dr. Christiano if no response. Any news?

efedrez

Reaction score
What other forums has this been posted on?

I just posted on the biggest Spanish speaking forum, It's my first time posting there so hopefully it wont be seen as spam.

Let's see if we can get some extra help from our Spanish speaking friends :)

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I sent out another email today to Dr. Christiano, this time very short and asking if she's had a chance to look at my previous email. I'm sure she's getting swamped with emails about next month's congress, but hopefully we'll hear back from her. If not, I'm making another phone call next week.

I'll go through everyone's contributions in this thread and all questions for the researchers to my list. Sorry i've been kind of MIA, I've been extremely busy at work. Thanks again to everyone for the support!

***UPDATE***

Just got an automated response from Dr. Christiano's:

Thank you for your email.
As you may have heard, researchers at Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) have tested two FDA-approved drugs which stimulated hair growth in experiments in mice and human hair follicles.
The results appear in the October 23 online edition of Science Advances. The CUMC news release is here:
http://newsroom.cumc.columbia.edu/?p=35162
There are no current clinical trials for male/female pattern baldness.
If you are interested in possible participation in our Alopecia Areata studies, please click here to complete an Online Registration Form:
If you would like to see a Columbia Dermatologist for evaluation of your hair loss, please call 212-305-5293.

Media
If you are a member of the media, and would like more information regarding the study, please contact CUMC’s Office of Communications and Public Affairs at cumcnews@columbia.edu or 212-305-3900.

Support Our Research
If you wish to support our research programs at Columbia University, please click her for instructions to donate: https://giving.columbia.edu/giveonline/?schoolstyle=99997

I have a feeling I'll need to reach out to Dr. Christiano another way... perhaps calling the NAHRS Headquarters again and asking them to forward my message to her and hope to hear back. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know!

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Holy Jesus, Joseph, and Mama mia Mary all bankrolled into one!! LOL

You're a Godsend Joshuk.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Good show Josh!

Now if only the rest of these cheap bastards would pony up

I will donate some more if people don't step up lol. I think Joan and Fred will do the same, from what they have said. So I am confident the goal will be reached soon :D Hopefully people can step up and donate, even if it's just 50$. I think most people can spare that amount lol.

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
Hellouser,

Saturday @ 12:15PM, Samumed will discuss Phase I results for SM04554. They are moving quickly through trials, and it would be nice to know if they are seeing any regrowth. I doubt they saw much in Phase I but maybe you can get some info on Phase II, being that it should be completed this month (large scale Phase II, not biopsy).

Reaction score
Yeah not sure if anyone pointed this out but the final program is now posted on their website ,

Samumed is there

Saturday November 21 12:15PM-12:27PM14512 Safety and Efficacy of a Topical Treatment(SM04554) for Androgenetic Alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia):Results from a Phase 1 TrialYusuf Yazici, MD | USA

- - - Updated - - -

There will be an event called coffee with the experts lol, 1 hour , first come first served basis .
cots, christiano and most researchers will be participating
Open to all attendees on a first-come, firstserved basis. This is an informal session forsmall groups to discuss a specific topic asnoted on the list. The round tables in theGeneral Session will be labeled with a topicand table leader's name. You may sit at anytable you like and rotate to as many tables asyou wish. The table leader will start the groupwith a mini-presentation or opening remarksabout the topic.

Histogens also there

Saturday November 21 12:30PM-12:42PM14612 Induction of Hair Growth in Subjects withMale Pattern Baldness by Hypoxia InducedMultipotent Stem Cell-Secreted ProteinsGail Naughton, PhD | USA

more

Friday November 20 10:30AM-10:42AM05512 CRTH2/ PTGDR2 Antagonists Reverse theHair Growth Inhibition Caused by ElevatedPGD2 LevelYing Zheng, PhD | USA

tons of knowledge to be gained

blubber911

Reaction score
HAIR 2015 - YES PLEASE!!!

Hi I'm new here ..i preferred this forum over BTT .. i keep hearing about a winston fellow and a spencer fellow over there that want to impede progress :( ... . anyway I just donated 20 dollars.. Let's get Hellouser to the hair congress :eek:

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Ha ha Seems like one good way to earn street cred around hair, for those searching for the fast track method anyhow.

I tried to join a couple times for the benefit of my existing hair, but interestingly BTT gatekeeper would not let me through.

I got over the "rejection"quickly, once I heard/saw/determined that BTT is merely another tiny obsequious sellout station or kiosk center,
on the payroll and deep pockets of the hair transplant corporate machine.

Pretty much clever flea market goon vendors doing their best trying to "get one over" on us by exploiting our vulnerability, in our hour of need.

So yeah, if you want to be a "true rebel" committed to stand up on the right side of change,
go and register(infiltrate) and mercifully see to it's comeuppance from within.
that's the site i wanna be banned from

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
Well done guys with the donations. Good show Josh thats very generous of you. If some of the tighter forum members would chip in 50 or 100 which is not much to ask.