Official Hellouser to Miami Hair Congress 2015 Fund

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
just donated $500 so if people can make up the last lot..... :)

Holy MACRO!

Thank you! That is incredibly generous!! Thank you thank you!!!!!

And YES! We've hit the goal, actually gone over slightly! I still haven't heard from Dr. Christiano though on video recording, but if any of you guys have looked at the PDF program guide on the Hair Congress website, a CLEAR indicator was recently added that prohibits the use of video recording or photography!! This is really disappointing as well as frustrating, I've made numerous attempts to get in touch with Dr. Christiano and I haven't heard anything at all. Worse yet, I setup a goo.gl shortened link which lets me track link clicks and used that to see if they've been clicked... and it hasn't been. I called NAHRS before and they said Dr. Christiano would email me (I provided them my email) but I still haven't heard back. So, I'm willing to make one more attempt, potentially emailing all three chair members of the Hair Congress and seeing what they say, if anything at all. After that, I'm going to have to think of something...

Anyway, once again, a MAJOR thank you to everyone who's donated! Also, keep posting your questions for me to ask at the congress! I've also been notified that Allergan will have a poster up, likely with their findings on Bimatoprost... hopefully they have results to show from their last clinical trial we've all been waiting on!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Que sera sera..,

We're just have to be more patient for the time being the while the audio get's transcripted.

Thanks to ALL (and you know who you are) for helping to make this dream a big reality!

blubber911

Reaction score
that sucks

Holy MACRO!

And YES! We've hit the goal, actually gone over slightly! I still haven't heard from Dr. Christiano though on video recording, but if any of you guys have looked at the PDF program guide on the Hair Congress website, a CLEAR indicator was recently added that prohibits the use of video recording or photography!! This is really disappointing as well as frustrating, I've made numerous attempts to get in touch with Dr. Christiano and I haven't heard anything at all. Worse yet, I setup a goo.gl shortened link which lets me track link clicks and used that to see if they've been clicked... and it hasn't been. I called NAHRS before and they said Dr. Christiano would email me (I provided them my email) but I still haven't heard back. So, I'm willing to make one more attempt, potentially emailing all three chair members of the Hair Congress and seeing what they say, if anything at all. After that, I'm going to have to think of something...

Anyway, once again, a MAJOR thank you to everyone who's donated! Also, keep posting your questions for me to ask at the congress! I've also been notified that Allergan will have a poster up, likely with their findings on Bimatoprost... hopefully they have results to show from their last clinical trial we've all been waiting on!

that sucks... i hope they don't have prohibition of audio recording

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Holy MACRO!

I really wonder why they'd prohibit the use of video recording this year, especially since not only did they allow Desmond to record last year, but they actually welcomed it. Dr. Christiano seems like a very nice person, so this is peculiar to me. I don't know. I'd try to get in touch with some of the other organizers, like Sarah Millar or Gail Naughton.

Hellouser, as I've stated before, I can't think of any scientific questions off of the top of my head right now, but I think I would just reiterate the following message to these scieintists: How thoroughly dissatisfied most of us are with today's limited treatments and how much the vast majority of hair loss sufferers would welcome a new and much more effective treatment. This message really never gets stated because most of the hair restoration community is so fascinated with lauding these hair transplants, despite the fact that they only appeal to like 5% of all hair loss sufferers. Unfortunately most of the hair restoration profession does not represent us with their viewpoints and their treatments, so I guess I would just state to them how badly we need, and how welcoming we would be towards, a new and effective treatment/cure.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
"if any of you guys have looked at the PDF program guide on the Hair Congress website, a CLEAR indicator was recently added that prohibits the use of video recording or photography!! "

"
why they'd prohibit the use of video recording this year, especially since not only did they allow Desmond to record last year, but they actually welcomed it"

+1 Why ?????

what

Established Member
Reaction score
"if any of you guys have looked at the PDF program guide on the Hair Congress website, a CLEAR indicator was recently added that prohibits the use of video recording or photography!! "

"
why they'd prohibit the use of video recording this year, especially since not only did they allow Desmond to record last year, but they actually welcomed it"

+1 Why ?????

The answer is almost always money. If video of the conference is widely available for everyone to see for free, there is a chance it's going to impact their money grab. Someone will either record it and potentially charge others to view it, or the material being available for free will mean some might not pay to attend the conference as they can just watch it online.

That's my guess.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd venture a guess and say the reason they are preventing video from being recorded is because they don't want anyone attempting treatments spawned from their research without their permission. Remember guys, the hairloss industry is up to $3B a year and they are all in it to make money (not for the charity of it).

I'm also not surprised Dr Christiano didn't respond as of yet - I emailed her a while back (unrelated) and she never bothered to respond so I'd be shocked if they ever did.

I'd also venture another guess and say the organizers are very much aware of this forum thread and they probably concluded it would be to risky from a PR standpoint to have press/discussion on their research - the event is probably just a means of companies cross polinating and making deals + get private funding than to gain awareness of their research via an unregulated channel (forums); this is how PR works.

So having said that, I'd just plan to attend, learn and report back (and record audio if/when possible)

But then again, why did they actually welcome and appreciate it last year?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

"

+1 Why ?????

Actually, I dont think Desmond ever got permission or even asked for it. I think he just showed up with a camera and went to town... i dont think last year there was any restrictions about video recording.

what

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, I dont think Desmond ever got permission or even asked for it. I think he just showed up with a camera and went to town... i dont think last year there was any restrictions about video recording.

As the old saying goes, it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. Go for it. I've been to these type conferences many times and there's always tons of people running around with cameras - most likely you'd just blend in with the rest. If somebody confronts you say you didn't know and offer a simple apology and be on your way.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
As the old saying goes, it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. Go for it. I've been to these type conferences many times and there's always tons of people running around with cameras - most likely you'd just blend in with the rest. If somebody confronts you say you didn't know and offer a simple apology and be on your way.

The program guide states I'll have my camera confiscated and get kicked out from the presentation. :dunno:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

the biggest problem is that it has recently added this clause in the regulations of Congress ..... In 2004 I participated in Berlin (*) to one of these conferences, I seem to remember it was forbidden to make pictures of the papers but nobody called me attention when I did.
Good luck Hellouser
(*) Http://www.ehrs.org/conference/2004berlin/index.htm

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
It's hair loss fellows right.,why should we imagine anything in the vein of advancing the sufferers cause come off w/o a hitch?

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
The program guide states I'll have my camera confiscated and get kicked out from the presentation. :dunno:

I would try getting in touch with other organizers, maybe Dr. Millar or Dr. Naughton, and see if they could perhaps make an exception, especially since Desmond was able to last year. I remember how nice Dr. Beren Atac was, I believe she even stated how helpful having those video recordings even was.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only reason I can think the clause was added this year is this year they might actually be onto something big.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn't sound recording be enough for the science wiz's in here? I feel like they break everything down for everyone in here anyways...