Numerous vitamin supplements?

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
[quote="Nashville Hairline":1s2c3609]I'd love if supplements did actually work but while I'm seeing not a single human on the internet who can show pictures of maintenance or improvement of male pattern baldness over time with just supplements then I have to assume the "success" stories are the usual unverified testimonials.

Given your extended history at some of these hair loss forums, I was surprised to see your regimen of saw palmetto, cod liver oil, zinc, and B vitamins.

From what I have read and experienced, an internal regimen like this won't do much, if anything, for your hair loss. Further, if your EFAs are unbalanced, they could accelerate your hair loss.

DHT inhibitors like Saw Palmetto are not an effective long term treatment for hair loss. Neither are zinc and B vitamins. Any success that you experience with these herbs and vitamins will be brief, never to return, once your body has adjusted to them.[/quote:1s2c3609]
Yes, I need to update that..I really only take zinc and vit B for dietary reasons, I've long since given up the idea that they are affecting my male pattern baldness on way or another. I've also dropped SP

Those studies you posted aren't great tbh - the Vitamin C one seems to be only its benefits to hair growth, there's no mention of male pattern baldness. The Tocotrienols one is with an extremely small sample size (only 19 people, with only 11 taking the supps) and isn't double-blinded so is hugely unreliable. The Resv/Curc is also a very small study group

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
Those studies you (the Natural) posted aren't great tbh...

Nashville's got a clear state of mind.

ukmale24 said:
The Natural, would you say MSM, curcumin, Reservatrol, Soy Isoflavones and Taurine sounds like a good natural regimen?

Bad news for Resveratrol
European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
Resveratrol

The Panel concludes that a cause and effect relationship has not been established between the consumption of the food(s)/food constituent(s) evaluated in this opinion and the protection of body cells and molecules such as DNA, proteins and lipids from oxidative damage.

The Panel considers that no evidence has been provided to establish that having antioxidant activity/content and/or antioxidant properties is a beneficial physiological effect.

The Panel concludes that a cause and effect relationship has not been established between the consumption of the food(s)/food constituent(s) evaluated in this opinion and a beneficial physiological effect related to antioxidant activity, antioxidant content, or antioxidant properties.

http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/scdocs/Doctor/1489.pdf

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
Those studies you posted aren't great tbh - the Vitamin C one seems to be only its benefits to hair growth, there's no mention of male pattern baldness. The Tocotrienols one is with an extremely small sample size (only 19 people, with only 11 taking the supps) and isn't double-blinded so is hugely unreliable. The Resv/Curc is also a very small study group

Look, they are studies. I am not here to debate the size, shape, and/or color of them. What matters most is whether or not the said supplements work for you.

I tried tocotrienols, and they may have slowed my hair loss, but nothing like what some of the participants in this study experienced. And I do not recall reading about anyone in these forums stopping their hair loss with just tocotrienols.

Do you really think that I even considered the size of the Italian study before I tried curcumin and resveratrol. Man, I was looking for something, anything natural to stop my hair loss. Period. Fortunately, these two did for me (and others I have read).

What prompted you to compose a regimen of cod liver oil and saw palmetto? Was it a study?

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Quoting "studies" from commercial sites. You got to be kidding.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
The information is provided by doctors, trained professionals. Not someone like you who, "broke the mystery of male pattern baldness." The title of your book, right. So what's the big mystery, freakout. Pray, allow us here to be priivy to it. But no, you won't do that, will you. You would rather have people pay you for it.

Ridiculous.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't quote from the book because it's copyrighted. I do use the information sometimes without quoting just to drive a point.

For example, with it, I know why supplements NEVER WORK and people who are pushing it are no more than scammers.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
You and your silly book are a j o k e. Please understand that no one with any marbles in their head will pay you a penny for your thoughts.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeap, I know. At least I had the opportunity to tell them that supplements NEVER WORK which make the "doctors" in YOUR website quacks. Sorry you wasted your time.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
freakout tell us: What is the answer to male pattern baldness?

You stated that you solved the mystery. Well, share it with everyone, then. Don't be selfish. LOL!

Dude!

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no can do. Get on with your life and sell somewhere else. Your products won't get pass the people here.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
freakout, you troll from forum to forum, peddling this book of yours. It's in your regimen, for goodness sakes.

And while everyone else here is sharing information, you are trying to get paid. You want people to buy your mystery novel.

Well damn it, I am not going to do it! No, no, no Huckleberry. So you might as well just tell all of us here how you broke the mystery of male pattern baldness.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
What prompted you to compose a regimen of cod liver oil and saw palmetto? Was it a study?
Yes there is actually a study of a saw palmetto/beta sitosterol combo that showed positive results for hair but as per your studies it was with a very small number of participants (only 19) i.e. interesting but just as unreliable as the studies you are posting

Cod Liver Oil probably came from the studies that showed essential fatty acids as having 5-ar inhibiting properties (hence why they are used in Revivogen) but as we should all know we would require an industrial amount of fish oil supps every day to even come close to the amounts of EFAs cited in these studies.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
Cod Liver Oil probably came from the studies that showed essential fatty acids as having 5-ar inhibiting properties (hence why they are used in Revivogen) but as we should all know we would require an industrial amount of fish oil supps every day to even come close to the amounts of EFAs cited in these studies.

You _do_ know, I hope, that cod liver oil or "fish oil" supplements have no significant effect at inhibiting 5a-reductase?

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely!

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
NH,

Four - five years ago, posters combined cod liver oil (or fish oil) with Borage oil to reduce inflammation.

Again, the size of a particular study, to me, is irrelevant. The objective is to stop one's hair loss.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
The objective is to stop one's hair loss.
Well I cant disagree with that

What I do disagree with though is claims supplements work, hence my posts in this thread! If your hair situation did improve over time you still you have very little medical reason to say it was the supps that did it.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
Thom said:
I took Biotin, Zinc, fish oils, iron, and Saw Palmetto and I took them for almost half a year. Like I said, I think my hair grew a bit faster but you're better off saving your money.

The same could be stated for your regimen, Thom. Unfortunately, it may very well look good on paper, and may even sound good to you, but in reality, these type of supplements won't do much of anything for your hair loss. This, I know from experience.

That was what I was saying. I took those in the past.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
What I do disagree with though is claims supplements work, hence my posts in this thread! If your hair situation did improve over time you still you have very little medical reason to say it was the supps that did it.

My hair was thinning. I added herbal extracts, namely turmeric and resveratrol, to my diet. And within a month, my dandruff stopped. My hair loss, subsequently, slowed and then stopped.

Other people at different hair loss sites (e.g. ImmortalHair's, Hairsite) have reported a similar experience: decrease in scalp inflammation, slowing of hair loss, etc., not to mention those participants in the Italian study, so my results should not come as such a surprise.

And it's not like I've come here, as some posters do, to sell something (e.g. a book, supplements, or an overpriced laser device). I am just here to offer my experience with vitamins, herbs, and commercial hair loss products.

The fact that your regimen consisted merely of things like fish oil, saw palmetto, zinc, and vitamin B, tells me that, up to this point, your research into natural treatments has been cursory at best.