Nothing feels better than a good buzz cut

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score
I 'treated' myself to my 1st buzz in around 6-7 weeks before, went for a 1 on the back and sides and then scissor-cut down to a 3 on the top....looks clean, simple and manageable and yes, it gives the appearence of the thinner hairs looking thicker which was starting to tail off in the last week or so with the difference between the thick and thin hairs.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Buzzed my hair for the first time tonight - I stayed pretty conservative and left it at 1" in case I really fucked it up but happy enough with the results. Its good preparation for when I need to be doing it at #3 and #4 pretty soon

You're right though, my head feels great afterwards..the razor guard is like a massage on the scalp. And I've saved myself €20. :punk:

Not Costanza

Reaction score
I desperately want to buzz my head to a #1 guard but I'm nervous. The top right side of my head is worse than the left. I'm concerned once I do it you'll be able to see the density difference. Anyone else in the same boat?

mjb

Reaction score
Im worried about the density too, my crown is thinner than the rest of my head but still has some hair and im hoping when I buzz it wont be noticeable. See my other thread for pics any comments appreciated ;)

Cassin

Reaction score
Not Costanza said:
I desperately want to buzz my head to a #1 guard but I'm nervous. The top right side of my head is worse than the left. I'm concerned once I do it you'll be able to see the density difference. Anyone else in the same boat?
Everyone is worse on one side than the other

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
I have always had the sides and back cut with a 'number one' as it's called in Australia. The next one after that is basically the skin. I actually love the feel of it, and when i was on the borderline of NW2 territory, i'd get a 'number 3' on the top, and just not care how it looked. But now days, i still get the top cut slightly short, but still long enough so i can hide my temples.

dune9

Reaction score
I buzzed for the first time a few days ago. I always parted my hair from the side. I also have a thinning crown and receding line(receding lines I found out don't match).

I went with number 3 on top and 2 on the sides, so far I love it. My on regret is I did not go a little shorter the first time.

It is odd to look in the mirror and see someone you have never seen before.

If you are waiting to take the plundge. DO IT!