Nothing feels better than a good buzz cut

Cassin

Reaction score
My standard cut is a 2 guard on the sides and back...slightly longer on top. I am a thick healthy NW3 so I go for the "I admit I am balding look." Trying to hide it with long hair or hats is too exhausting and a buzz cut feels so damn good.

I haven't used a comb or hair spray in about 3 years.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Great post as I just got my hair cut very similar today. I agree, sometimes trying to cover it up is just not worth it. It gets so long that it actually looks worse and is depressing and after a good cut I feel sort of relieved. It's just an "honest" look. Seriously a great post Cassin. Thanks

Cassin

Reaction score
Its a bit frightening the first time you do it, especially when you're a third way through the norwood chart but its worth the 1 day of worry.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have buzzed my hair a few times purely due to the hassle of thin annoying hair and i have to admit it felt great... only problem is that i look like a thug with a buzz cut and i cant look like that due to the job i am in.....

if i didnt have to work again i would cut it all off...

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
I usually buzz my hair but I've had it at medium length for a while, one thing that gets me is that my hairline looks worse/more receded when my hair is long but when my hairs buzzed or really short it doesn't. Is that a normal thing or is it just me?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
I usually buzz my hair but I've had it at medium length for a while, one thing that gets me is that my hairline looks worse/more receded when my hair is long but when my hairs buzzed or really short it doesn't. Is that a normal thing or is it just me?

Thinning hair always look bette rshorter. My crown for example is thin but not bald, but when i cut it short the thin patch seems so much smaller.

Hey dudemon, what length can you cut your hair at the back so you don't see the scar? grade 3?

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Thinning hair always look bette rshorter. My crown for example is thin but not bald, but when i cut it short the thin patch seems so much smaller.

Oh I don't mean that it looks thinner, my hair is actually still pretty thick (norwood 2 atm) what i meant was that the shape of the hairline looks more receded then it does when my hair is short.

Boliver

Reaction score
Yeah your right. You really feel like brand new person, and probably the best thing I ever did regarding my hairloss. I have only got postive coments so far.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you are a nw3 but the rest of your hair is thick then you dont really "need" to buzz it down, there is still plenty there to pull off medium to long hairstlyes.

Cassin

Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
If you are a nw3 but the rest of your hair is thick then you dont really "need" to buzz it down, there is still plenty there to pull off medium to long hairstlyes.

Naw....buzzed down feels so clean and I don't have to mess with a comb or styling.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I am going to try the buzzcut this summer just to see how I look since the last time I had one was when I was 9.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the reply.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
A buzz cut is better then acombover anyday. Gives an impression of fullness. Only problem, if you have no hairline, it tends to not benefit as much. The ideal is to get a frontal framing with fue and then go for a buzzcut. It works wonders.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Gettin yer knob slobbed feels better than a buzz cut.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
No more miserable than Heath Leadger.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I agree with the buzz cut feels great theory. I use a 25mm guard on my clippers. You can clearly see the lack of hair in my temple region and a small thin spot on my crown but it makes me feel better about myself when its shorter. I feel more masculine. Besides most of the hot women I know prefer men with shaved heads and good U shape hairline.

Hammy070

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
My standard cut is a 2 guard on the sides and back...slightly longer on top. I am a thick healthy NW3 so I go for the "I admit I am balding look." Trying to hide it with long hair or hats is too exhausting and a buzz cut feels so damn good.

I got it buzzed around 6 months ago. The feeling is always the same, the first pass over your hair and your like "sh*t, am I making a mistake?" by then it's too late, and you just sit there. After it's done though, you're transitioning from distress to relief, like the hair was a burden and a curse almost. Once you shower, freshen up, the freedom you feel is overwhelming.

Cassin

Reaction score
Hammy070 said:
Cassin said:

I got it buzzed around 6 months ago. The feeling is always the same, the first pass over your hair and your like "sh*t, am I making a mistake?" by then it's too late, and you just sit there. After it's done though, you're transitioning from distress to relief, like the hair was a burden and a curse almost. Once you shower, freshen up, the freedom you feel is overwhelming.

hah...so true!!!!!

I get it done every month and there is ALWAYS a quick moment of panic even after 3 years.