Nickypoos's Story (19/ 2 Years Full Temple Regrowth - dutasteride)

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm bumping this for people considering and/or are already on dutasteride. Hoping for an update also. Doubt much as changed in 4-5 months.

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
hi?nicky.Congrats your results in recent years.
I from china,so my English is not good,sorry for this.
I have some questions for dutasteride,pls help me that solve hairloss problem.
1.How long times the dutasteride work out?i have been on proscar 2month ,then dutasteride 1month...nothing happen.....
2.Did you had been on minoxidil on scalp?unfortunately i allergies on minoxidil.....so I decide that only use dutasteride and nizoral.
3.did your hair got thinner than use dutasteride,then few months later got thicker?when i used on proscar second month I discovered my hair got thinner than before ..
4. Is that your temple recovery full and thick?

Thank you. Wish your hair get more recovery.

1) 4 month is the typical hair cycle I believe? I haven't researched hair loss in over 2 years. So I'd assume 4months plus.
2) Never used minioxidil, used Nizoral a bottle or two, got bored of using it.
3) My hair never got thinner or shed, temples just thickened up so gradually I barley noticed.
4) My temple recovery is pretty full, I have a 'mature' hairline now, but I'm happy with it and would say it's rather un-noticeable.

Nvm you answered that in your original post.

The website you got your dutasteride from seems flakey, I can't even type in the Country/State box.

As Irishfella pointed out, Jersey is a UK island, so I'm guessing they don't deal with the states. Learn your Geography Americans!

I'm bumping this for people considering and/or are already on dutasteride. Hoping for an update also. Doubt much as changed in 4-5 months.
You are right Irishfella nothing has changed at all in the half a year or so, I'll upload some pictures when I can be bothered, but you can take my word for it for now.

Cook

Reaction score
awesome....
if finasteride dosen't show results i totally will try dutasteride.
btw any fitness tips for a newbie?could you achieve a nice body w pushups dumbbells and some kettlebells + jogging ? or it's hopeless without a gym sub (sry if you answered this before i didnt read all pages:D)

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
I cant seem to find out where you get your dutasteride from, can you tell us. Also any sheds?

Thanks buddy

It is natural that you should get it from your doctor and not to buy it from some fake internet pharmacy. I think that all fearmongering stories of guys, who use dutasteride from the internet, should be deleted.

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
awesome....
if finasteride dosen't show results i totally will try dutasteride.
btw any fitness tips for a newbie?could you achieve a nice body w pushups dumbbells and some kettlebells + jogging ? or it's hopeless without a gym sub (sry if you answered this before i didnt read all pages:D)

Unfortunately, you will need to go to the gym if you want some real results. Sure you can look ripped if you eat less calories than you burn in a day but you can't get muscles without hitting the gym.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very good. You caught your hair loss early, good for you.

abutton

Reaction score
Damn really hope you update this thread again soon.

A few questions; Do you recommend taking 1 tablet per day? (I ask because you say you now take every other day)
Also would you ever think about purchasing from elsewhere that's cheaper? Again I ask because as a student I don't have much disposable income and have seen duta being sold cheaper elsewhere...
Oh and do you have any tips, advice for preparation before taking it? Any precautions, like getting DHT levels tested or a regular prostate exam? haha hope to hear from you!!

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, Nickypoo, have you ever measured your DHT levels? I think that it could be very useful for all of us here to know, what are your DHT levels now. I know that you take only 1 pill EOD, so they are certainly lower than during your fantastic regrowth, but at least, we would get some idea about how much suppression of DHT is needed to achieve such results.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, Nickypoo, have you ever measured your DHT levels? I think that it could be very useful for all of us here to know, what are your DHT levels now. I know that you take only 1 pill EOD, so they are certainly lower than during your fantastic regrowth, but at least, we would get some idea about how much suppression of DHT is needed to achieve such results.

He won't be back until dutasteride stops working, maybe you could get his e-mail adress from the admin. On the verge of an NW3 to an NW1. Still amazed since the first time I saw it.

defi4nc3

Reaction score
I'm going to start duts shipped from Korea since it is much cheaper there 40$/for 1 month of supply. I've noticing my forelock is thinning as well as receding rapidly to NW3A I blieve at an age of 21 lol.

Does avodar actually thickens up hair in general as well?

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, how are we all.

As promised, I would keep returning to my post every 6 months or so to give you guys an update.

It has been 3 and a half years since I took my first Avodart pill, 22 years old now, where does the time fly?

To keep a long story short, I am still maintaining all the hair I had grew back, and there are no changes in my hair at all. This is surprising because I have gotten really sloppy with my Avodart intake, I have averaged around 1 every other 3 days, but with still the same results. Not for any particular reason I just take one when I remember.

Still no side-effects, no shedding, no penis falling off.

I will upload 3.5 years progress pictures some time tomorrow.

Answers to questions:

Damn really hope you update this thread again soon.

A few questions; Do you recommend taking 1 tablet per day? (I ask because you say you now take every other day)
Also would you ever think about purchasing from elsewhere that's cheaper? Again I ask because as a student I don't have much disposable income and have seen duta being sold cheaper elsewhere...
Oh and do you have any tips, advice for preparation before taking it? Any precautions, like getting DHT levels tested or a regular prostate exam? haha hope to hear from you!!

I would recommend taking one tablet per day for perhaps the first 6 months or so, after that I would suggest to go down to EOD, purely for financial reasons, the half-life is so long with Avodart my best judgement tells me every day to EOD has no significant effect on decreasing hairloss, but is twice as cheap!

I wouldn't buy from anywhere else just because I know the avodart from the pharmacy is legit, the results and maintenance speaks for itself.

I dropped the tablet as soon as it came through my front door. Never got any DHT levels tested.

Unfortunately I never took any tests to measure my DHT levels, which is a shame as this thread has gained lots of attention of the years and would have been very helpful for the community.

I'm going to start duts shipped from Korea since it is much cheaper there 40$/for 1 month of supply. I've noticing my forelock is thinning as well as receding rapidly to NW3A I blieve at an age of 21 lol.

Does avodar actually thickens up hair in general as well?

95% of people, no. Catch it earlier, you will likely see some hair growth.

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
Thumbs up for ya buddy, it's very cool to have an update after years. I hope you will maintain for YEARS and YEARS ;)

kadir657

Reaction score
Bro what a success!!
Ive been on dutasteride for 2 weeks now. Pop a pill 3 times a week :monday - wed nesday - friday
Im 21 years old and thinning all over
Im using minoxidil too tho for 7 months now but i saw that nothing was going to change so i added dutasteride on my regimen
My regimen is:
1. dutasteride 3x a week
2. Minoxidil 1x a day
3. Revita 3x a week

Am i on the right track or ...???

Thanks

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair still looking tops, and now you're a monster to boot! Won't be too long before peapoddy has a contender! Congrats again on the hair, modelling and getting into beast mode shape.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats mate, i think this helps to prove that for the majority of people dutasteride is a very good treatment. I was in a very similar situation to you at 19/20, having used finasteride for a year with no results i went onto dutasteride. I was on dutasteride alone for a year and a half and it really destroyed my hairline/frontal region - I have no doubt that this was because of testosterone.

Reaction score
Congrats you inspired many.

Those amazing regrowth stories, are they more likely to happen to guys whose hairloss is recent?

Been maintaining a NW3 with finasteride for 3 years lost some frontale density because I wasnt serious with minoxidil, desperate for regrowth.