Nickypoos's Story (19/ 2 Years Full Temple Regrowth - dutasteride)

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Nickypoos's Story (19/ Month 8 Full Temple Regrowth - dutasteride)

Sorry mpbsux I never responded to your post, thanks for the kind words!

My 8 month, (or maybe 9 I can't remember) pictures are up, let me know what you guys think.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Holy f*** your hair looks good !

I may start dutasteride Bc if your success, no shedding huh ?

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
Holy f*ck your hair looks good !

I may start dutasteride Bc if your success, no shedding huh ?

Thankyou very much! And nope, i never really noitced anything... i wasn't sure whether it was even working becuase i never had one adverese reaction apart from hair growing back.

JohnDoe1989

Reaction score

did u ever had problems with sebum from the drug? if not, do u know someone to experience sebum problems from dutasteride?

Reaction score

Holy sh*t!, that is unbelievable!

Did you ever try finasteride, and if so, what were your results?

I am so tempted to try dutasteride now because of this thread. I also only have hairline recession and it mostly occurred this last year.

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

JohnDoe1989 said:
did u ever had problems with sebum from the drug? if not, do u know someone to experience sebum problems from dutasteride?

I don't understand what you mean by 'problems' with sebum? I've always had oily skin/hair for as long as I can remember, and the dutasteride didn't really make any change in sebum production (studys support the fact sebum isn't affected by inhibting DHT). I just wash my hair daily, and use an oil-free moistuirser which stops the greasy face. You could always go down the panathoic acid/ coenzyme A route or accutane. Not that it will make any difference to your hairloss. I certainly don't know anyone personally to have used dutasteride, all my friends are NW1's becuase were all teenagers :whistle: .

123000123 said:
Holy sh*t!, that is unbelievable!

Did you ever try finasteride, and if so, what were your results?

I am so tempted to try dutasteride now because of this thread. I also only have hairline recession and it mostly occurred this last year.

Thankyou :) And I never tried finasteride, becuase my hairloss was lets say 'advance' for an 18 year old, I decided to go straight onto dutasteride to stop the problem dead. I certainly would recommend it to anyone if most of the hair has been lost recently, you should see good results even on the hairline with dutasteride.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You posted a link that sells dutasteride where you buy it from, correct ?

Is this shipped from overseas ? Do you live on the USA?

What are you spending on dutasteride per month in American dollars, thanks

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah that DRM pharmacy is where i get mine from. And nope im from the UK, and that pharmacy i believe is based in Jersey (small island near England) so makes it a little cheaper.

I pay £250 for a 6 month supply, which is equal to 400 US dollars for half a year, I however have just bought a years supply for roughly $750 US dollars.

ajnar

Reaction score

great results. thanks for the post and updates, really convinced me to give dutasteride a shot.

delta653

Reaction score

hello mate, cant believe your results .

i am also a young male from the uk with reciding temples , i am new to all this and just trying to decide what product to go with . have you had any side effects from this, why doesnt eveyone use dutasteride rather than propecia .

what are the possible side effects

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

ajnar said:
great results. thanks for the post and updates, really convinced me to give dutasteride a shot.

Thankyou, it's great to hear. It annoyed me this time last year when I struggled to find anything with pictures to prove dutasteride alone showed real re-growth, hope some peoples perceptions have changed from the rumours.

thomson_adam said:

i am also a young male from the uk with reciding temples , i am new to all this and just trying to decide what product to go with . have you had any side effects from this, why doesnt eveyone use dutasteride rather than propecia .

Alright mate, firstly I havn't ever had side-effects, didn't even think it was working untill i noticed my hair groing back.

Also, there are a few reasons why everyone doesn't use it, dutaseride isn't neccessarly proved for hairloss , i think due to the patent been too similar to finasteride, so it never was released as a hairloss drug, however it obviously does do the job, and better than propecia (as it inhibits nearly an extra 30% DHT), so doctors simply won't prescribe it to you, therefore you'll have to buy it from the internet which people don't like.

Second dutasteride has never been tested in the long-run, especially on young males like me and you as it is designed to give people 50+, so they could be side effects in long-term use.

Half-life is way way longer than propecia, propecia is a few hours, dutasteride is a couple of weeks, so if you got side-effects from dutasteride, you'll have to stick with them for a good month or two before they dissappeard unlike finasteride where sides would go in a few days.

The possible side-effects are the same as finasteride, but will last much longer, if you don't know the general sides they are erectile dysfunction, lowerd libido and man tits. Though this is a very small minority of people. 2% to be exact. Ofcourse all these sides with dutasteride and finasteride dissappear after stopping useage, also most dissappear once you get used to the drug.

Lastly cost, you could get six months of dutasteride for around £250, finasteride (proscar) could get six months for about £45.

delta653

Reaction score

nickypoos said:
ajnar said:

Thankyou, it's great to hear. It annoyed me this time last year when I struggled to find anything with pictures to prove dutasteride alone showed real re-growth, hope some peoples perceptions have changed from the rumours.

thomson_adam said:

Alright mate, firstly I havn't ever had side-effects, didn't even think it was working untill i noticed my hair groing back.

Also, there are a few reasons why everyone doesn't use it, dutaseride isn't neccessarly proved for hairloss , i think due to the patent been too similar to finasteride, so it never was released as a hairloss drug, however it obviously does do the job, and better than propecia (as it inhibits nearly an extra 30% DHT), so doctors simply won't prescribe it to you, therefore you'll have to buy it from the internet which people don't like.

Second dutasteride has never been tested in the long-run, especially on young males like me and you as it is designed to give people 50+, so they could be side effects in long-term use.

Half-life is way way longer than propecia, propecia is a few hours, dutasteride is a couple of weeks, so if you got side-effects from dutasteride, you'll have to stick with them for a good month or two before they dissappeard unlike finasteride where sides would go in a few days.

The possible side-effects are the same as finasteride, but will last much longer, if you don't know the general sides they are erectile dysfunction, lowerd libido and man tits. Though this is a very small minority of people. 2% to be exact. Ofcourse all these sides with dutasteride and finasteride dissappear after stopping useage, also most dissappear once you get used to the drug.

Lastly cost, you could get six months of dutasteride for around £250, finasteride (proscar) could get six months for about £45.

thanks for that mate, got a few more questions.

what made you go for this product , it seems everyone just uses propecia .
are you not worried about the long term side effects
have you every tried Propecia

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

thomson_adam said:

No problem, I chose this product because with my hairloss been rather advance for my age, and with early male pattern baldness running in the family, i felt propecia wouldn't hault my hairloss. Which also answers your question no I have never tried propecia.

And no I'm not worried about 'long-term' side effects becuase my educated guess is there isn't any long-term side effects. Sure there may be a possibility, but dutasteride ant finasteride aren't very different and work in the exact same way.

Plus there are some males with a genetic defect who were never born with DHT who live full length, normal lives. Which is the main reason I believe once you get through puberty and have fully developed into maturity there isn't very much to wory about.

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

thomson_adam said:

No problem, I chose this product because with my hairloss been rather advance for my age, and with early male pattern baldness running in the family, i felt propecia wouldn't hault my hairloss. Which also answers your question no I have never tried propecia.

And no I'm not worried about 'long-term' side effects becuase my educated guess is there isn't any long-term side effects. Sure there may be a possibility, but dutasteride ant finasteride aren't very different and work in the exact same way.

Plus there are some males with a genetic defect who were never born with DHT who live full length, normal lives. Which is the main reason I believe once you get through puberty and have fully developed into maturity there isn't very much to wory about.

TheBeast

Reaction score

Do you need a prescription for finasteride? also, where did you buy it from? I'm not taking anything, so I don't know much about treating hairloss?

delta653

Reaction score

nickypoos said:
thomson_adam said:

cheers again mate...

do people cycle dutasteride/finasteride like you would a course of steriods . just to give your body a rest.

are there people who dont get any effects off finasteride , just everywhere i read its people using scare tactics

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

thomson_adam said:
cheers again mate...

do people cycle dutasteride/finasteride like you would a course of steriods . just to give your body a rest.

are there people who dont get any effects off finasteride , just everywhere i read its people using scare tactics

Nope there is no cycle invovled and it would be a bad idea to do so. Once your body has adjusted to low DHT keep it that way and try be consistent with taking the meds.

By effects do you mean side effects or results?

As side effects go, 98% of people won't get side effects.
As results go, after 5 years, 80% of finasteride users will either maintained the same amount or be above the hair count they had before they started.

The reason I chose dutasteride is becuase I was certain I would be in the remainder 20% who continue to lose hair on finasteride after 5 years.

alex_NYC

Reaction score

Hey guys,

just wanted to say your results are inspiring.

I started losing my hair around 20. Started on propecia at 22. Now I am 26 and have noticed that it's really stopped working. Just about to start dutasteride today and will keep you posted with the results.

a couple questions however:

how long did it take for you to start noticing a decrease in hair loss/hair re-growth after starting the dutasteride?
how would you go about tapering the propecia? i was thinking about taking it and dutasteride for about a week together and then stopping the propecia. any other ideas?

thanks,
a

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

alex_NYC said:
Hey guys,

I started losing my hair around 20. Started on propecia at 22. Now I am 26 and have noticed that it's really stopped working. Just about to start dutasteride today and will keep you posted with the results.

how long did it take for you to start noticing a decrease in hair loss/hair re-growth after starting the dutasteride?
how would you go about tapering the propecia? i was thinking about taking it and dutasteride for about a week together and then stopping the propecia. any other ideas?

thanks,
a

Thankyou very much!

It took me around 4 months untill I started noticing any re-growth, I also noticed my shower plug was no longer getting blocked with hair.

If i was you, I'd just dive straight into the deep end. But thats just me, I doubt you'd notice much difference from the extra 20% DHT suppression, however to be sensible I'd take finasteride and dutasteride on alternate days and untill about the month mark go daily on dutasteride, just to make sure you don't get side effects your not willing to ride.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

nickypoos said:
alex_NYC said:
Hey guys,

thanks,
a

Thankyou very much!

It took me around 4 months untill I started noticing any re-growth, I also noticed my shower plug was no longer getting blocked with hair.

If i was you, I'd just dive straight into the deep end. But thats just me, I doubt you'd notice much difference from the extra 20% DHT suppression, however to be sensible I'd take finasteride and dutasteride on alternate days and untill about the month mark go daily on dutasteride, just to make sure you don't get side effects your not willing to ride.

Which is also what I did. Was on finasteride for 6 months straight, found it not working efficiently enough (with good reasons!) so I added dutasteride to like.. twice a week into the regime, then three times a week for a while and now I'm only taking dutasteride (sometimes a random Saw Palmetto tablet to though) as main DHT blocker.

Still having some diffuse thinning, which unfortunatly got a little worse for now. Hairline is looking slightly better, but have been using Minoxidil on the hairline longer than on top and crown so... Anyways, I'm now using Duta full time for about.. 2 and a half month, and experience little if any side effects at all.

As for my hair, I think it's shedding now from the Duta. At least, I'm hoping so. Did you experience a shedding Nicky?