Nickypoos's Story (19/ 2 Years Full Temple Regrowth - dutasteride)

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
My regimen is:
1. dutasteride 3x a week
2. Minoxidil 1x a day
3. Revita 3x a week

Am i on the right track or ...???

You are sure using a lot more treatments then what I am using, so certainly on the right track. Hope it works out for you.

Hair still looking tops, and now you're a monster to boot! Won't be too long before peapoddy has a contender! Congrats again on the hair, modelling and getting into beast mode shape.

Thank you for the kind words!

I was on dutasteride alone for a year and a half and it really destroyed my hairline/frontal region - I have no doubt that this was because of testosterone.

I think you should do more research.

Those amazing regrowth stories, are they more likely to happen to guys whose hairloss is recent?.

Yes that is correct, hair loss which has happened recently has a better chance to thicken up because the follicle is still alive. Hair which had miniaturized 3 years ago is most likely dead, and will never regrow.

how often do you train your legs? and if so, what exercises ?

I train my legs once a week, however if I have to skip something I will skip either back or legs.

My preferred leg exercises: Barbel squats, dumbbell lunges, leg press, leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises, glute kickbacks... job done!

Stick

Reaction score
Your story is the one that first got me here and the one that made me decide to do something about my hair loss while it was still in the beginning stages.

So thanks dude! Wish you all the best!

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
my temples looked like yours before treatments, I am 10 weeks in now, also on dutasteride, for the last few weeks I have been getting continually denser temples. At first the minitiarized hair coming in was very small, but as time passes the hair gets longer and denser.

Lancer05

Reaction score
Hey, Nicky, your story is really inspiring, and I'm thinking of doing something similar because the top of my hair seems to thinned a bit.
I'm 20 years old and I would love to hear more from your results and also if you would recommend me doing a similar regimen of three-times a week, seeing as I am current college student and money is something I simply don't have.

leafar1912

Reaction score
I'll start using 0,5 dutasteride next month and hope to have the same results.
I'll wait to see if there will be some regrowth only with dutasteride before start using minoxidil.

elmechanico

Reaction score
Looking good mate! You have made some nice size gains too, I am currently hitting the weights hard as well.
I am 18 years of age right now and also considering taking finasteride but Im very anxious of the side effects at such a young age.
Like you I've also had a receded hairline since birth. I would appreciate it if you could check out my thread and give me your thoughts.
Thanks!

leafar1912

Reaction score
Sadly, after following the same protocol (0,5 avodart eod) my hairloss didn't stop :(
It keeps falling. I'll start avodart 2,5mg and see how it goes. I'm also thinking about using rogaine foam.
Nickypoos is a very lucky guy! Sadly not everyone will have the same result...

rocker1019

Reaction score
Well I'm the same age as you and my hair loss is in my temple, just worse. I clicked your link for Avodart but it doesn't exist anymore where do you get your Avodart from?

fnamna

Reaction score
nice to hear that this is working for someone
how many mg a day do you take?
im taking Avodart .5mg for more then a month and for now only hair loss

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
did you statted taking 2.5 Avodart? any good results
i'm taking Avodart for more then a month and only shedding from day to day,
feels like Propecia was the choice for now

call me crazy but i have this feeling like Avodart doesnt really help and its bunch of guys online that lie about thier results, one main reason that im saying this its because when just started using Propecia then hair stopped falling in 3rd day. and what i been by stopped falling, its that before Propecia then i would get about 10 hair pieces on the sink every morning, but 3rd day on Propecia then almost no hair on the sink. so i stayed on Propecia for about a year but didnt gain any new hair just the shedding stopped, so decided to try Avodart ( and so far feels like a bad decision)

please share your experience

thanks

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
nice to hear that this is working for someone
how many mg a day do you take?
im taking Avodart .5mg for more then a month and for now only hair loss

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
did you statted taking 2.5 Avodart? any good results
i'm taking Avodart for more then a month and only shedding from day to day,
feels like Propecia was the choice for now

call me crazy but i have this feeling like Avodart doesnt really help and its bunch of guys online that lie about thier results, one main reason that im saying this its because when just started using Propecia then hair stopped falling in 3rd day. and what i been by stopped falling, its that before Propecia then i would get about 10 hair pieces on the sink every morning, but 3rd day on Propecia then almost no hair on the sink. so i stayed on Propecia for about a year but didnt gain any new hair just the shedding stopped, so decided to try Avodart ( and so far feels like a bad decision)

please share your experience

thanks

shedding does not equal miniaturization. Shedding does not mean your hair is getting worse, just that those hairs are beginning a new life cycle. The medication tends to synchronize the life cycle of the hairs in some people, so a lot of them will shed at the same time beginning a new life cycle all at once

Bukowski

Established Member
Reaction score
shedding does not equal miniaturization. Shedding does not mean your hair is getting worse, just that those hairs are beginning a new life cycle. The medication tends to synchronize the life cycle of the hairs in some people, so a lot of them will shed at the same time beginning a new life cycle all at once

For some finasteride is the better choice. Atleast, that's from my experience of reading onlineprogress from posters. It's really tough to decide wether to stay on the drug if it's causing shedding of hairs. If it's a "good" shed, the one poster zzzzz is referring to, then things will mostlikely only go better if you just ride out the shed. This imight be a hypothesis or broscience but dutasteride ( finasteride as well ) raises scalp testosterone by over 100%. There could be a chance that your hair, as in some others that don't have success with dutasteride, is sensitive to testosterone as well and not only to DHT. ( which more or less is a stronger version of regular testosterone with greater affinity to bind to AR's. Over the years ( tehere have been many.....) I've read quite a few reports from people who shed heavily on dutasteride and their shed never seems to stop. Even with prolonged usage of dutasteride for over a years time. Why this is exactly still remains a mistery. Good luck. And yes, there's no need to be paranoid over successstories on dutasteride, those are true just the same.

leafar1912

Reaction score
Still taking 0,5 EOD but now with finasteride, no results, hairline still receding, strong shedding... :( Thinking about start minoxidil but afraid of losing my hair faster, I don't know what to do... Read about RU but if DHT Blockers are not working should I try minoxidil? Does it worth it? :(