Newly Discovered Factor in Androgenetic Alopecia. The Cure is Near?

lucas0581

Reaction score
Re: A recently discovered new factor in AA, the cure is near :)

I'm also going to star the Cetrizine + minoxidil tratment.. Let´s see what happens.

But hey guys, this thread is getting so long, so much information, wouldn´t it be better to start a separeted topic just to share results of the Cetrizine and Levocetrizine Topical treatments? Would be easier to keep up

Experienced Member
Reaction score

lucas0581 said:
I'm also going to star the Cetrizine + minoxidil tratment.. Let´s see what happens.

but then how will you know which one of the chemicals is working? minoxidil could very well give you regrowth too even if cetrizine happened to do nothing

T

TravisB

2020 said:
lucas0581 said:

but then how will you know which one of the chemicals is working? minoxidil could very well give you regrowth too even if cetrizine happened to do nothing

Yeah, throw away minoxidil, it's the only way to know if the eventual regrowth will be from cetrizine.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes it doesn't make sense to use minoxidil with the experimental treatment. You will never which is responsible for results?

Experienced Member
Reaction score

timallen45 said:
Yes it doesn't make sense to use minoxidil with the experimental treatment. You will never which is responsible for results?

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-2.jpg

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score

timallen45 said:
u must attack hairloss from EVERY angle! u need growth stims and dht blockers in my opnion

Experienced Member
Reaction score

israelite said:
u must attack hairloss from EVERY angle! u need growth stims and dht blockers in my opnion

yes but not when you're testing a certain chemical... HOW WILL YOU know if it's working!

btw, where do you buy your dutasteride from?

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score

2020 said:
israelite said:

yes but not when you're testing a certain chemical... HOW WILL YOU know if it's working!

btw, where do you buy your dutasteride from?

in house pharmacy. i wish i waited before throwing the kichen sink at my hairloss

Experienced Member
Reaction score

israelite said:
in house pharmacy. i wish i waited before throwing the kichen sink at my hairloss

which one are you buying? dutagen or dutas?

btw, you mentioned that your crown is thinning. how could that be possible while on dutasteride? are you 100% sure it's legit?

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score

2020 said:
israelite said:

which one are you buying? dutagen or dutas?

btw, you mentioned that your crown is thinning. how could that be possible while on dutasteride? are you 100% sure it's legit?
I'm losing 200 hairs when I shower! My crown is looking pretty bad recently. Hairline is improving .

Experienced Member
Reaction score

israelite said:
I'm losing 200 hairs when I shower! My crown is looking pretty bad recently. Hairline is improving .

could it be the shed? what the hell, if you're losing hair, people on the big 3 have no chance....

K

Kirby

2020 said:
israelite said:

could it be the shed? what the hell, if you're losing hair, people on the big 3 have no chance....
Hope it's 'just' a shed that will correct itself over time. :( That's the most terrifying aspect of treating hairloss... Freaks me out to compare a top-down photo now to one from December before I started finasteride.

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Kirby said:
Hope it's 'just' a shed that will correct itself over time. :( That's the most terrifying aspect of treating hairloss... Freaks me out to compare a top-down photo now to one from December before I started finasteride.

shedding too? did you get any regrowth?

K

Kirby

Loads of shedding not long after I started. Lots of hair on my pillow each morning, lots in the sink left over. No shedding for the last few months though, but not much if anything in terms of regrowth.... Although my frontal hairline at the temple s has expanded a centimetre or two outwards....

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Dutasteride is a hell of a drug.. I had my experience with it.. totally destroyed my hairline. Finasteride is way more safe and potent. If you are on any treatments.. you have get ready for a more aggresive shed...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Found something really interesting..

Role of PGD2: Inhibits platelet and leukocyte aggregation, decreases T-cell proliferation and lymphocyte migration and secretion of IL-1? and IL-2; induces vasodilation and production of cAMP

Adhesion and aggregation

Platelets aggregate, or clump together, using fibrinogen and von Willebrand factor (vWF) as a connecting agent. The most abundant platelet aggregation receptor is glycoprotein IIb/IIIa (gpIIb/IIIa); this is a calcium-dependent receptor for fibrinogen, fibronectin, vitronectin, thrombospondin, and vWF. Other receptors include GPIb-V-IX complex (vWF) and GPVI (collagen).

Activated platelets will adhere, via glycoprotein (GP) Ia, to the collagen that is exposed by endothelial damage. Aggregation and adhesion act together to form the platelet plug. Myosin and actin filaments in platelets are stimulated to contract during aggregation, further reinforcing the plug.

Platelet aggregation is stimulated by ADP, thromboxane, and ?2 receptor-activation, but inhibited by other inflammatory products like PGI2 and PGD2. Platelet aggregation is enhanced by exogenous administration of anabolic steroids.

So androgen stimulate platelet aggregation?:) then PGD2 formation.. because the site become inflamed..

On a side note.. I had my best results with Miconazole Nitrate 4% .That sh*t start to get really interesting...

Miconazole inhibition of platelet aggregation by inhibiting cyclooxygenase.

Ishikawa S, Manabe S, Wada O.
Abstract

Platelet dysfunction was found in rabbits to which a dose of miconazole nitrate (1.6 mg/kg body wt) therapeutic for human subjects had been given intravenously. The present experiments were conducted to elucidate the mechanism of inhibitory effects of miconazole on platelet function. After administration of a single dose of miconazole, rabbit platelet aggregation induced by collagen and sodium arachidonate was inhibited significantly for approximately 24 hr. On the other hand, hypertriglycemia, one of the major side effects of this drug, was not seen during 2 days of observations, nor were any other outstanding manifestations observed. In in vitro experiments, miconazole nitrate (10 microM) also significantly inhibited rabbit and human platelet aggregation (P less than 0.01). Biochemical analyses revealed that the stimulant-induced formation of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) and thromboxane B2 (TXB2), metabolites via cyclooxygenase, was inhibited by miconazole nitrate in both human and rabbit platelets in vitro. PGE2 production was decreased dose-dependently with the increase of miconazole concentration (10 to 100 microM), and the decrease was in parallel with a decrease of TXB2 production. In addition, malondialdehyde (MDA) production of human and rabbit platelets induced by exogenous arachidonate and collagen was also inhibited significantly by miconazole. Chromatographic studies showed that the amount of 12-L-hydroxy-5,8,10,14-eicosatetraenoic acid (HETE), a metabolite via lipoxygenase, was increased markedly in accordance with the miconazole-induced decrease of TXB2 and 12-L-hydroxy-5,8,10-heptadecatrienoic acid (HHT) formation in both human and rabbit platelets. These results indicate that miconazole nitrate inhibits platelet cyclooxygenase, without affecting the stimulant-induced release of arachidonic acid from platelet phospholipids. Use of this drug in the treatment of systemic fungal infection appears to be increasing. Careful attention should be paid to the inhibitory effects of miconazole on platelet function, especially in the case of intravenous treatment.

Inflammation is the b**ch..this is why we are having a problem with the progenitor cell migration also.. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=63229&start=0