Newly Discovered Factor in Androgenetic Alopecia. The Cure is Near?

K

Kirby

Re: A recently discovered new factor in AA, the cure is near :)

Any research out there on whether Nizoral affects PGD2?

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score

TravisB said:
Pics or it didn't happen. I'm 99% sure it's a placebo effect and it's in your mind.

If you're not willing to give any credit to testimonials, best thing is to try his stuff for yourself, unless you're lucky and Cody1212 does have before/after pics. I've been on sodium chromoglycate for more than a month but won't publish any testimonial for the very reason you've mentioned. I care about my hair. Not yours.

Kirby said:
Any research out there on whether Nizoral affects PGD2?
That's a good question! I can't find any real information about how and why Nizoral is effective. Can't believe this path of research is not more explored.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Nizoral just like Miconazole Nitrate Inhibit platelet cyclooxygenase which lower inflammation and PGD2 at the same time. High inflammation= high PGD2.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

2020 said:
Cody1212 said:
guys, I'm curious how the oc will play out but i couldn't wait and decided to try other easily available options that reduce pgd2. so i've been on oral ceterizine 10mg daily and just got sodium chromoglycate in nasal inhaler form and using that topically....again i hate to proclaim anything too soon but for me this is really working, my hair is growing much longer and thicker....this definitely seems like it could be the pathway to curing hair loss.

ceterizine is nothing more than zyrtec and found in every drug store in us and sodium chromo i found online and was shipped in two days, it's otc in us...
I can't be the only trying this after all of this information is out about pgd2, this is really changed my hair...

I can't wait to see when you guys get the oc because it should be even more productive...I am ecstatic about these findings...

ORAL??? ceterizine and you're already growing hair in what, a week? Seriously? :jackit:

When I first started Miconazole Nitrate 4%. I had quick results. really quick.. Hair got thicker, look thicker and were filling in really quick.

K

Kirby

odalbak, you are using sodium chromoglycate as a topical I presume?

Experienced Member
Reaction score

squeegee said:
2020 said:
Cody1212 said:
guys, I'm curious how the oc will play out but i couldn't wait and decided to try other easily available options that reduce pgd2. so i've been on oral ceterizine 10mg daily and just got sodium chromoglycate in nasal inhaler form and using that topically....again i hate to proclaim anything too soon but for me this is really working, my hair is growing much longer and thicker....this definitely seems like it could be the pathway to curing hair loss.

ceterizine is nothing more than zyrtec and found in every drug store in us and sodium chromo i found online and was shipped in two days, it's otc in us...
I can't be the only trying this after all of this information is out about pgd2, this is really changed my hair...

I can't wait to see when you guys get the oc because it should be even more productive...I am ecstatic about these findings...

ORAL??? ceterizine and you're already growing hair in what, a week? Seriously? :jackit:

When I first started Miconazole Nitrate 4%. I had quick results. really quick.. Hair got thicker, look thicker and were filling in really quick.

why did you stop using it?

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score

Cody1212 said:

No drowsiness or anything from the zyrtec? I always feel funny when I take it for my allergies. Also whats the brand name on the sodium chromoglycate?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Cannot find any 4% with 30 grams tubes anymore..they all discontinued .. 15 gram goes for like 20 bucks each.. LOL they are in vag applicators.. still on 2% but not having the same results at all.

Jacob

Reaction score

Just apply twice as much. Wasn't that the logic with Tricomin? :woot:

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Boldy, are you aware of any INTERNAL CRTH2 antagonists that are currently available on the market? :dunno:
I don't think any current asthma drugs work in such way. Am I wrong?

Saint-Loup

Reaction score

squeegee said:
Nizoral just like Miconazole Nitrate Inhibit platelet cyclooxygenase which lower inflammation and PGD2 at the same time. High inflammation= high PGD2.
It mainly acts by blocking androgen receptors. :)

Saint-Loup

Reaction score

Fight Your Genes said:
2020 said:
Boldy said:
dinoprostone is a trade name for PGe2 :), people feel free to do also some reasearch if you want to.

Isn't dinoprostone a NATURALLY occuring prostaglandin PGE2? It can't get any better than that :)

Its also sold as a gel Prostin E2 made by Pfizer, i'm sure its accessible somehow Its seems to be used during labor apparently .
yes very accessible :jackit:

You will be happy to know that the "natural" claim is true. Dinoprostone is made from a base of semen! The semen of choice is pig but the gel could be made of bull semen or human semen as well. We don't know about you but none of those options appeal to us. Sex is still the best way to get prostaglandin where it needs to be while bypassing pig, bull and some unknown human(s).
http://www.natural-pregnancy-mentor.com ... risks.html

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score

does anyone know if Mometasone Furoate would help? it's a nasal spray for allergies that i have. On it's wikipeda page it says it's used for "reversing the activation of inflammatory proteins and activating the secretion of anti-inflammatory proteins"

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score

any deliveries or news from the guinea pigs?

my own cetirizine heavy topical dose experiment is definitely doing something to my scalp, its not turning it red or itchy but ts deffo givingme a tingling feelng post application.

Experienced Member
Reaction score

BrightonBaldy said:
any deliveries or news from the guinea pigs?

my own cetirizine heavy topical dose experiment is definitely doing something to my scalp, its not turning it red or itchy but ts deffo givingme a tingling feelng post application.

how long have you been using it?

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score

BrightonBaldy said:
i know its only the third time ive applied the cetirizine on my head but im actually worried about how well its absorbed by my scalp.

i buzz my head so pretty much any topical gets applied fully anyway, but its literally 2-3 minutes of a virtual drenching in the mpd areas before its completely dry.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7741033
Concentrations of 1 and 10 micrograms/ml enhanced PGE2 release by LPS-stimulated monocytes, and by healthy and inflamed rat macrophages. This effect was concentration-dependent. Our findings point to an anti-inflammatory action of cetirizine via PGE2 release and histamine H2 interactions. Cetirizine did not directly modify IL-1 generation by resting monocytes but the IL-1 production observed after LPS stimulation could promote the mechanisms by which PGE2 is released.

how do i calculate the concentration of a mix? if its simply micrograms/ml (ml of what?!) then im using far too much of this stuff. 84 miligrams is 84,000 micrograms, so im using 84,000 micrograms / 200ml, or 420micrograms per ml ...

lol that cant be right can it? i still want to keep applying given theres no irritation and its so easy.

"Histamine release was not altered by cetirizine treatment, but prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) production, which peaked at 3 to 5 hours, was clearly reduced by cetirizine treatment, being lower at all time points during the reaction; this was significant by analysis of variance (p ? 0.04). The inhibition was most marked during the fifth hour of the reaction when there was a 50% suppression of the PGD2 level by cetirizine (0.193 ng/ml to 0.075 ng/ml [p ? 0.03]). The most dramatic effect of cetirizine was attenuation of the inflammatory cell migration into the chamber. "

again at those doses, im using far too much.

along with nizoral shampoo on going, its now been FIVE entire days since i started applying cetirizine thinly powdered into the alpecin liquid, while needling. as i said earlier, alpecin liquid is a useless hair product on its own imo but its one of the best vehicles for making topical treatments going.

my scalps still drinking the stuff, dries in about a minute, nobody actually answered my question about the concentration of the topical ive quoted above.. what damage could i be doing to myelf?

soma_72

Reaction score

BrightonBaldy said:
alpecin liquid is a useless hair product on its own imo but its one of the best vehicles for making topical treatments going.

Why do you say, or how do you know alpecin is a good vehicle?

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score

BrightonBaldy said:
BrightonBaldy said:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7741033
Concentrations of 1 and 10 micrograms/ml enhanced PGE2 release by LPS-stimulated monocytes, and by healthy and inflamed rat macrophages. This effect was concentration-dependent. Our findings point to an anti-inflammatory action of cetirizine via PGE2 release and histamine H2 interactions. Cetirizine did not directly modify IL-1 generation by resting monocytes but the IL-1 production observed after LPS stimulation could promote the mechanisms by which PGE2 is released.

how do i calculate the concentration of a mix? if its simply micrograms/ml (ml of what?!) then im using far too much of this stuff. 84 miligrams is 84,000 micrograms, so im using 84,000 micrograms / 200ml, or 420micrograms per ml ...

"Histamine release was not altered by cetirizine treatment, but prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) production, which peaked at 3 to 5 hours, was clearly reduced by cetirizine treatment, being lower at all time points during the reaction; this was significant by analysis of variance (p ? 0.04). The inhibition was most marked during the fifth hour of the reaction when there was a 50% suppression of the PGD2 level by cetirizine (0.193 ng/ml to 0.075 ng/ml [p ? 0.03]). The most dramatic effect of cetirizine was attenuation of the inflammatory cell migration into the chamber. "[/b]

nobody actually answered my question about the concentration of the topical ive quoted above.. what damage could i be doing to myelf?

Well they are definitely using a TINY amount of cetrizine.

1mg = 1000 microgram
1mg = 1,000,000 nanogram (ng)

The biggest issue I see is this test was done in vitro, so it might be ineffective in vivo or maybe require higher dosage but it is very interesting that it both enhances PGE2 and inhibits PGD2... I have a bunch of Zyrtec laying around which is just Cetrizine.. giving me some ideas =)

The other thing that is worth nothing is Bim and Lat are both used at very low dosages (not as low as this is suggesting) but latisse is .03% bimatoprost in solution. That's only .3mg per ml. However it's 300micrograms/ml which is actually close to what you are using for Cetrizine. Obviously the two may have nothing to do with each bother but if I were to use Cetrizine I might use a similar dosage.

I think I'll actually try crushing some zyrtec into my minoxidil

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score

Just did my first Cetrizine application =) I cut a 10mg pill in half and then crushed it into a powder and dissolved into a bottle of minoxidil. Joining the ranks of the guinea pigs, will report back in 3 months.

K

Kirby

BB, how many cetirizine tabs are you putting in that Alpecin liquid? Might try experimenting with that myself as a topical, have both 'components' here ready t roll.