Newly Discovered Factor in Androgenetic Alopecia. The Cure is Near?

T

TravisB

Re: A recently discovered new factor in AA, the cure is near :)

What's the situation with OC? When will someone start using it?

Experienced Member
Reaction score

it is still being produced.... boldy said it should be available by June.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score

i just realised my Doctor prescribed me some cetirizine a few weeks ago for my nasal inflammation. i don't get how any of it could absorb into the scalp if applied topically, the molecules would be too big surely?

btw, anyone get drowsiness from taking it orally? i've always got amazingly sleepy when taking allergy tablets.

Reaction score

Started today... not experiencing any side effects. I experienced heavy hay fever and decided to take 2 pills (10mg). The hay fever disappeared after two hours and for the rest no strange effects. Not sure if I am going to take 2 every day or only one.

If you get tired as a side effect it could be an idea to take it in the evening before going to bed. :)

Some good news. A few years ago (2004) on the dutch hairloss forum (haarweb) there was a big discussion on antihistamine for hairloss. Many experienced hair growth after a very short period. They mainly used cetrizine! Although many were not sure and very skeptical if it was because of cetrizine since there was no scientific proof. It is a very big topic: http://www.haarweb.nl/forum/showthread. ... ihistamine (use google translate to read it) Many experienced results after a very short period. I believe all users only used 1 pill (10mg)

Experienced Member
Reaction score

fighting-baldness said:
If you get tired as a side effect it could be an idea to take it in the evening before going to bed. :)

:bravo:

fighting-baldness said:
Some good news. A few years ago (2004) on the dutch hairloss forum (haarweb) there was a big discussion on antihistamine for hairloss. Many experienced hair growth after a very short period. They mainly used cetrizine! Although many were not sure and very skeptical if it was because of cetrizine since there was no scientific proof. It is a very big topic: http://www.haarweb.nl/forum/showthread. ... ihistamine (use google translate to read it) Many experienced results after a very short period. I believe all users only used 1 pill (10mg)

What I want to tell you is, have now also noticed that I clearly back a little more hair growth did. And in 20 years this is the first time. Frankly I did not expect this total even more hair! Actually I took zyrtec for my allergies and the rest I made ??before I read this post had me not even as busy anymore. But k thought it was a very very pleasant surprise!
Jaapie So, only now you've seen pictures and ... you are not alone.
But to me it's different in that sense, my hairline (I Androgenetic Alopecia) runs back closer and closer to the zone is still hairy hairy and better quality. Until now, so close I really do not much importance.

Also with me and I am now absolutely certain it can not but that zyrtec is a very big role in it. To be continued. Grtn.

interesting....

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Zyrtec(Cetrizine) side effects:

o35Gg.png

K

Kirby

fighting-baldness said:
Kirby said:
Just twigged that cetirizi is the generic name for Zyrtec. Zyrtec gave me hallucinations(!) back in 2004, when I was using it daily for hayfever that summer... My GP at the time said that wasn't an uncommon side effect. Be careful about taking too much cetirizine, guys.

What kind of doses did you use for hay fever? 10/20 or more
10, standard generic tablets. Last time I used cetirizine was in 2004. Hopefully the hallucinations won't happen this time.

Thinking about going the topical route... experimentally.

CCS

Reaction score

I just read as far as page 17. I plan to rotate in a selenium shampoo with my nizoral shampoo. That might reduce some PGD2 production topically.

I am interested in a powerful topical, but I'd rather special order some of that topical whose trial was recently cancelled. I think it is the one we want since it works directly on that key receptor. Just selenium for now though since that is what I can afford.

Good luck everyone. Let me know how it goes.

Oh, and very important: Only apply it to one side of your head, so you can more easily see the difference. If you apply it to your whole head, you will not know for sure if there is a difference.

Experienced Member
Reaction score

what's up with your signature?

Total-Recall-1990.jpg

Experienced Member
Reaction score

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10457118

CONCLUSION:
Pre-incubation with EPA primarily affects the COX-2 pathway in cultured human mast cells and reduces PGD2 generation in response to IgE-anti-IgE challenge incubation. These findings suggest that COX-1 and COX-2 have different substrate flow systems in mast cells. They also suggest that endogenous EPA diet supplementation would reduce PGD2 production and could serve as an anti-inflammatory substrate in human mast cells.

omega 3 reduces PGD2?? :woot:

great, here is your cure for hair loss then:
http://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Om ... 586&sr=8-7

franciscosalta

Reaction score

Oh, and very important: Only apply it to one side of your head, so you can more easily see the difference. If you apply it to your whole head, you will not know for sure if there is a difference.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

franciscosalta

Reaction score

I wanted to recommend you a usefull website for chemistry calculations and also for genes , weather, etc.. perhaps you will need it for knowing the dosage of cetirizine you are using or for other calculations... :)

http://www.wolframalpha.com

there you can see for example if you search "gpr44" (w/o quotes)
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=gpr44

DP2 | CD294 | CRTH2 | chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on TH2 cells | chemoattractant receptor homologous molecule expressed on T helper type 2 cells

Functions:
receptor activity | prostaglandin D receptor activity | prostaglandin F receptor activity | prostaglandin J receptor activity | N-formyl peptide receptor activity | G-protein coupled receptor activity

chemotaxis | immune response | signal transduction | calcium-mediated signaling | inhibition of adenylate cyclase activity by G-protein signaling | positive regulation of G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway

ideal for mass amount conversions
if you search "5 micrograms to grams"
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=5+ ... s+to+grams

5×10^-6 grams

if you search cetirizine

approval status | approved | small molecule
drug categories | anti-allergic agents | antihistamines | non-sedating histamine h1 antagonists
dosage forms | oral: syrup | oral: tablet
brand names | alerlisin | cetryn | formistin | hitrizin film tablet | reactine | setir | virlix | ziptek | zirtek | zyrlex | zyrtec

it says small molecule, so it will be absorved by the skin :p

or if you use 1 gram cetirizine, and you know that it will last 200 applications for example, in a 15cm2 head surface.. and you know how much cetirizine per cm2 you are applying then you search for "1 gram / 200 / 50 cm2"
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1+ ... %2F+50+cm2
and you get 1×10^(-4) g/cm^2 (grams per square centimeter), 0.1 mg/cm^2 (milligrams per square centimeter), etc..
WELL, I DONT KNOW!! I hope it could be useful if somebody needs it.

:) :) :) :) :)

Boldy

Established Member
Reaction score

Guys,

I found some suppliers that sell PGE2 for 800 USD. Thats really to much for me.

I was thinking, maybe we could buy 1 gram with 2 or 3 people.

The idia was to maximize PGe2 + blocking CRTH2. By this I could create the Idial growth environment. (and I could see in short time if regrowth is possible) this is the fastest way for me to see if Blocking CRTH2 is effective or not. I cant use minoxidil, thats why Im thinking of trying pge2.

let me know if somone is intersted in some PGE2.

Experienced Member
Reaction score

for $800 it's not worth it.... why is it so expensive and why can't you use minoxidil? :innocent:

Boldy

Established Member
Reaction score

2020 said:
for $800 it's not worth it.... why is it so expensive and why can't you use minoxidil? :innocent:

Its very expensive indeed like Bimatoprost(PGF2alpha) also +- 800...
Market price for prostaglandines seems to be very high..

minoxidil gives me Extremly dry skin(No its not the PPg,i use Glycerine minoxidil), and causes Dark skin underneath the eyes.

I might try to request just 200 MG or so..

Experienced Member
Reaction score

not worth it dude... we'll be fine with just PGD2 blockers :)

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I can't stop reading about this sh*t....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostaglandin_D2

Prostaglandin D2 (or PGD2) is a prostaglandin that binds to the receptor PTGDR, as well as CRTH2.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3319975/

We therefore tested the capacity for PGD2 to inhibit hair growth in both Ptgdr null mice (25) and Gpr44 null mice (26) using Ptgds null mice (27) as a control. Whereas Ptgds and Ptgdr knockout mice were both susceptible to the inhibition of hair lengthening, Gpr44 null mice were resistant to the inhibitory effect of PGD2 (Fig. 6C). These data suggest that GPR44, rather than PTGDR, is the receptor for PGD2-mediated inhibition of hair lengthening and could therefore be a therapeutic target for Androgenetic Alopecia.

^ blocking PTGDR receptor does nothing while blocking CRTH2 actually prevents hair shrinking.

This is good news because if you were to make an INTERNAL PGD2 BLOCKER, you wouldn't actually be blocking ALL OF PGD2, which is likely needed for your body, but only that which act on CRTH2 receptor.
Finasteride or other DHT blockers aren't that specific at blocking DHT since they reduce DHT levels evenly throughout your ENTIRE BODY(side effects!)

I would really hate for this OC0459 to become a topical, I'd much rather have it in a pill form. This two-receptor thing makes me hopeful :jackit:

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score

I have started taking Cetirizine 10mg at night (oral) and applying sodium cromoglicate 2% to my hair line.