New Study: Topical Cetirizine For Androgenetic Alopecia Shows Promise

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So does this stuff work or not?
Minoxydil do wonders for some and do almost nothing for others. It's the same for every drugs.
If someone says a drug does not work maybe you won't try.. Too bad because maybe it could be effective for you.
The only thing you can do is trying yourself and you will have the final answer .as long as it's safe

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been using topical cet 2% for almost 3 months now and can confirm that it works. I have been maintaining good regrowth for a long time now with an aggressive regimen. I was using just under a 1% solution of OC, which definitely helped with maintenance. However since dropping that for 2% cet a lot of the last group of wispy hairs have started to thicken and go terminal. Density has improved slightly at the hair line too. I did have quite a significant shed too though. But this often happens to me when making an adjustment to my regimen.

I make a 2 percent solution in 12ml of neogenic. This usually lasts me 4 to 5 days.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been using topical cet 2% for almost 3 months now and can confirm that it works. I have been maintaining good regrowth for a long time now with an aggressive regimen. I was using just under a 1% solution of OC, which definitely helped with maintenance. However since dropping that for 2% cet a lot of the last group of wispy hairs have started to thicken and go terminal. Density has improved slightly at the hair line too. I did have quite a significant shed too though. But this often happens to me when making an adjustment to my regimen.

I make a 2 percent solution in 12ml of neogenic. This usually lasts me 4 to 5 days.

Do you have pictures?

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here, I just using the "oral liquid version" that have almost the same formulation than a topical ( except for the flavor :) )
Almost 3 month on it, saw a few new hair in the very front,.

Dr. Zoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
can one mix zyrtec with minoxidil?
if so how and how many pills to a 60ml bottle of minoxidil
thx

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am less worried about the study/info that shows Cet degrades in ethanol. In the Cet study they used a vehicle with ethanol in. Plus i make batches every few days. I use neogenic vehicle. Mix 240mg of cet in 12ml of neogenic. This last about 4 days

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am less worried about the study/info that shows Cet degrades in ethanol. In the Cet study they used a vehicle with ethanol in. Plus i make batches every few days. I use neogenic vehicle. Mix 240mg of cet in 12ml of neogenic. This last about 4 days
Neogenic vehichle, what is that? Never heard of it.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
But they say that alcohol / ethanol is bad icm with Cet ?

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know. But theres no indication of how long the degradation takes. Plus, in the study that showed cetirizine was effective for hair loss they used a vehicle with ethanol in it.

thisis

Reaction score
Late to the party, haven't read all pages.

Ethanol is bad for the balding area, induces inflammation(TLR4 agonist), drys skin and weakens barrier function->Microbiome infiltration and more inflammation

Solely on that reason I would stay away from Ethanol.

I'm in China and here they sell Cetirizine as oral liquid drops, haven't checked if it's in ethanol though, from you're discussion and it being for kids i doubt it..

Alexis Dumont

My Regimen
Reaction score

Do you have any before/after pictures? I'd like to see the effects