New Study: Topical Cetirizine For Androgenetic Alopecia Shows Promise

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude you're really trying to compare dermarolling which show success,proof,pics and strong science behind it,with a COX inhibitor ?
Cox inhibs are sh*t everybody knows it.

We need CRTH2/PGD2 DP2 antagonist,not general PGD2 antagonist

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
so, is there someone here who made the lotion from the study ?
Actually, in some clients a lotion ( for oral administration ) is available as 1 % You can easily apply it first, and then apply any other lotion that you might use.
SLX05521.jpg

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to take this stuff anyways for seasonal allergies. It probably doesn't do much for balding, but if it does, I'll take it.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How goes it, by the way?

So it's difficult to say as I'm on other stuff. Haven't lost any ground since switching to cet. Although I've not been using raw powder but dissolving pills and I'm not sure how effective this is. I have raw powder on the way now from Kane so hopefully this is better. I am stable now for a long time so if I maintain and if there is any thickening at temples I can say it is effective. Will report back

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That actually looks promising for once. Please be true, would be awesome to mix with minoxidil and finasteride to get god level hair again :D

Indeed! How do I make a solution out of minoxidil, finasteride and Cetirizine? Anyone with a recipe here?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride 5mg Tablets
Minoxidil 5% Solution
Cetirizine Tablets I can buy...
Well, in that case you need to get something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Sales-...641063&hash=item3a90053bdd:g:TTgAAOxy039TO94-
Crush all the tablets you need there , create a fine powder ( as fine as you can ) then mix all that into the lotion ( don't use the lotion recipient, find something else ) mix it all, shake it really well, you can buy a magnetic stirrer and some laboratory glass. live it there for a couple of hours and then filter the lotion , you can buy some filters of simple the coffee ones , with that you will remove all the filler, since cetirizine and finasteride as solubles in the minoxidil lotion .

To calculate it how many pills, for example .
If you want a 1 % lotion of cetirizine and you use a 60 ml lotion of minoxidil :
100 ml --------------------1 gr of cetirizine
60ml ----------------------- X= 0.6 gr of cetirizine.
So, that is 600mg of cetirizine every 60 ml of minoxidil to make a 1 % of cetirizine, simple use 60 pills of 10mg cetirizine.
Same math for whatever concentration you want to use for finasteride.

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, in that case you need to get something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Sales-...641063&hash=item3a90053bdd:g:TTgAAOxy039TO94-
Crush all the tablets you need there , create a fine powder ( as fine as you can ) then mix all that into the lotion ( don't use the lotion recipient, find something else ) mix it all, shake it really well, you can buy a magnetic stirrer and some laboratory glass. live it there for a couple of hours and then filter the lotion , you can buy some filters of simple the coffee ones , with that you will remove all the filler, since cetirizine and finasteride as solubles in the minoxidil lotion .

To calculate it how many pills, for example .
If you want a 1 % lotion of cetirizine and you use a 60 ml lotion of minoxidil :
100 ml --------------------1 gr of cetirizine
60ml ----------------------- X= 0.6 gr of cetirizine.
So, that is 600mg of cetirizine every 60 ml of minoxidil to make a 1 % of cetirizine, simple use 60 pills of 10mg cetirizine.
Same math for whatever concentration you want to use for finasteride.
Is it necessary to filter out the filler stuff?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it necessary to filter out the filler stuff?
Yes, if not it will create a mess in your hair, plus I don't know if all that filler will affect the absorption .
Buy a cheap glass funnel and use the filter, is the easier part .

Last edited:

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not that difficult to get raw cetirizine powder. It is cheap and very soluble. I am using a topical with 2% cet dissolved in neogenic.

It seems to me that the point about taking cet orally is similar to setipiprant. Whereby people are having to take high dosages for an effect to take place on hair. Granted they are different compounds, but the normal dosage for cet for allergy purpose is only 10mg ED. Some people are taking 500/1000mg of Set.

Plus, I tend to use quite a lot, probably 20ml of a topical solution per week. At 1% that means about 30 mg per day of cet being applied directly to hair follicles.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do take zyrtec (cetrizine) for allergies and i havent noticed any improvement of my hairloss but a significant release of the itchy sclap feeling.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do take zyrtec (cetrizine) for allergies and i havent noticed any improvement of my hairloss but a significant release of the itchy sclap feeling.

If I don't take cetirizine, my whole body starts getting unbearably itchy, not just the scalp. Cet kills the itch fast. Since I've been taking it for almost 10 years I've never really experienced this male pattern baldness itch except for the odd days where I took a dose late.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I don't take cetirizine, my whole body starts getting unbearably itchy, not just the scalp. Cet kills the itch fast. Since I've been taking it for almost 10 years I've never really experienced this male pattern baldness itch except for the odd days where I took a dose late.
Yeah, my 95 y/o grandfather has been taking cet for the last 10 years too cause if not his skin was red and itchy all the time, not only the scalp