New Study: Topical Cetirizine For Androgenetic Alopecia Shows Promise

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post the pictures as a comment? I don't have access to the full article.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take the pill for allergies. Maybe it helps. It's an antihistamine, maybe it works similar to Keto by reducing irritation or inflammation in the scalp

Last edited:

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! Pics are quite good!
I take it for allergies... Any idea about the vehicule??

It is adequately soluble in ethanol but best soluble in water. I'm planning on doing before and after pics with a 1% ethanol solution but the problem with buying cetirizine is that is has a bunch of inactive ingredients. Idk if a simple coffee filter would work and if it would filter out the cetirizine. Perhaps someone here might have a better idea?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
already trialed on the German forums ages ago and there is even one thread here as well

it's worthless. If you want to cover the inflammation angle go check the pgd2 theory maybe

After reading from various old threads this is what I gathered: One user claiming goods results(Chromeo), others saying they might try it, confusion about proper vehicle and amount of cetirizine, someone saying wait till setipiprant, and a few "I tried it for a few weeks and got no results". My point being those threads are hardly conclusive that it doesn't work.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From the study:

The aim of our report was to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of a galenic lotion
composed of cetirizine 1%, 16% cyclo-silicone-pentamer, 96°C of ethyl alcohol

applied once a day on the scalp.

Not sure what the cyclosilicone pentamer is used for.
If i knew how to get pure cetirizine id be down for this.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I also dont know what they mean by 96°C of ethyl alcohol.
I wonder if thats supposed to be 96%?

Any guys here with chemistry or lab experience that would have any ideas how to whip up a batch of this? Seems like just 3 ingredients. It also sounds like the final product was in a lotion form, not a liquid

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
already trialed on the German forums ages ago and there is even one thread here as well

it's worthless. If you want to cover the inflammation angle go check the pgd2 theory maybe

Quoting for truth.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
for the lazy ones :)

upload_2017-6-18_7-59-28.png

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I knew about cetirizine before, i read the hairloss forums and was aware of germans trialling this. Yet i have never seen a convincing evidence to try. Some of those guys were using water only whereas others using pg and ethanol.

I believe this study is legit and the before after pics show substantial regrowth. The only problem is to prepare a lotion. Hay fever tablets are made in the form of cetirizine hydrochloride.

Last edited:

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes in Germany we tested it 2012 or so, but I'm not sure it was in a right vehicle...

Btw. I don't understand the before/after pictures. Looks like completely random pics. No captions or something...

resu

Reaction score
Yes in Germany we tested it 2012 or so, but I'm not sure it was in a right vehicle...

Btw. I don't understand the before/after pictures. Looks like completely random pics. No captions or something...

Read the letters, it's easy to figure out, most impressive is the E-F, those are FUE level results on the crown.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
an already approved drug that can end the nightmare ? please be true, i don't know why would they lie about it.
this is more likely to help diffuse thinners with itchy scalps.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Although not for Androgenetic Alopecia. Fexofenadine another antihistamine is prescribed for treating AA in Japan.

resu

Reaction score
This does look promising, yeah people used mostly water as the vehicle in the German forum trial, we need to figure out a way of reproducing the method used in this study because those results look better than the dermaroller study.