NEW SK Update - Feb 17/2010

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Re: SK - Nov 6, 1.2 yr short update! THX PROSCAR U SAVED MY LIFE

Did you encounter the so-called massive shed in the start of your regimen of finasteride?
How do you feel yourself mentally? How's your mood? Are you able to socialize like you were used to and be as clever, witty and humorous? Are you able to concentrate the mind and study?
Has your liver given you any signs, like brown urine or pain? How much alcohol do you drink?
Thank you very much! Your answers are very helpful to me, a 18 year old young who just started finasteride and is very worried about his health.

amsch

Reaction score

Fanjeera said:
Did you encounter the so-called massive shed in the start of your regimen of finasteride?
How do you feel yourself mentally? How's your mood? Are you able to socialize like you were used to and be as clever, witty and humorous? Are you able to concentrate the mind and study?
Has your liver given you any signs, like brown urine or pain? How much alcohol do you drink?
Thank you very much! Your answers are very helpful to me, a 18 year old young who just started finasteride and is very worried about his health.

fanjeera, this guy unfortunately visits this boards about 2-3 times per year, but he doesn't feel like he needs to update this topic. so don't expect any answer here =/

G

Fantastic results!

JWM

Reaction score
Re: SK - Oct 10/09- I'm still here... Grew my hair out for 5mths

Maybe the best I've ever seen. And to think you've done it on such a LOW dose of meds!!

Congrats to you! :bravo:

Oh yeah, be prepared to be bombarbed with questions from "???" aka "Irishpride86"

Good luck!

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

Fanjeera said:

Hi Fanjeera

I feel pretty normal, although my allergies this year were brutal, but I don't think that's anything related to my finasteride use. I drink socially about once a week I suppose, I like a neat scotch every once in a while before bed to sleep if I have nasty allergy problems, but far from any sort of regular drinking. I did have a massive shed, it was quite brutal.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

New pics are amazing! Best success story on here IMO.

MrCurly

Reaction score

Great results indeed! :bravo:

blink

Established Member
Reaction score

dang bro, your story is amazing

youve more than done your part for the community. this has got to be the most well documented/high-success story.

can you describe the rubbing you do with minoxidil? was it just a gentle circular rub for 30 seconds in each area you put it in?

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

blink said:
dang bro, your story is amazing

youve more than done your part for the community. this has got to be the most well documented/high-success story.

can you describe the rubbing you do with minoxidil? was it just a gentle circular rub for 30 seconds in each area you put it in?

Thanks man! I just feel bad because naturally what they say is true, the less you are concerned with your hair, the less you post on here lol. However, I still do want to contribute and help out all those looking for some answers/hope.

To answer your question, I just fill half a cap as per the directions, and rub it in across my scalp very gently until it has all melted in. Then I usually blowdry it a bit so its not all greasy looking and I head to bed. I've done it so much it's just a routine now that I don't even think about.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I just think it's hilarious that your friends think you are wearing a piece!

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

Thickandthin said:
I just think it's hilarious that your friends think you are wearing a piece!

LOL I think I've finally convinced them I'm not since my hair actually grows. ;)

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score

That's incredible man, I love you for keeping this updated!

In a totally not weird kind of way of course.

jonsie150

Established Member
Reaction score

hi strangekarma. really happy to see the kind of success youre having.

i was wondering (and you may have answered this already, but i'm too lazy to look through the long thread haha), do you still go through cycles of sheds? Like you, I'm a responder to the minoxidil. To my amazement, it filled in my temples somewhat. But now, in my 8th month, it seems like I've been shedding. My hair is definitely a little less thick. Luckily, it seems like the shed has stopped for now. So, yeah, do you go through cycles?

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

tooyoungforthiscrap said:
That's incredible man, I love you for keeping this updated!

In a totally not weird kind of way of course.

Haha my pleasure brotha.

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

jonsie150 said:
hi strangekarma. really happy to see the kind of success youre having.

i was wondering (and you may have answered this already, but i'm too lazy to look through the long thread haha), do you still go through cycles of sheds? Like you, I'm a responder to the minoxidil. To my amazement, it filled in my temples somewhat. But now, in my 8th month, it seems like I've been shedding. My hair is definitely a little less thick. Luckily, it seems like the shed has stopped for now. So, yeah, do you go through cycles?

Yes I do go through sheds. They occur roughly every 5-6 months or so, and yes my hair does feel/look a bit thinner during these stages which last anywhere bewteen 1-3 weeks. I know it's going to be a good shed when a lot of the hairs I see in the shower/sink are fine/thin. The thinner they are, the better as they will grow back thicker. The scary sheds are when both thick/thin hairs fall out, but that happens too.. it's the rollercoaster ride of the treatments. If your shed stopped, give your hair a month or two and it should be looking pretty good. :)

thebump98

Reaction score

damn your hair looks great .. one of if not the best results on here .. thanks for the update

blink

Established Member
Reaction score

dangit sk, im so jealous of you. im only 2 1/2 months in and i want results already.... this is gonna be a long ride....

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score

This is amazing, thanks for sharing :)