NEW SK Update - Feb 17/2010

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score
Feb 17/2010

Ok well, another 6 month update (ish)... I took a bunch of photos with my webcam (sorry my cam got stolen on a trip to France, long story lol)... Anyhow my hair is LONG now... These photos are no product, no topik.. I called in sick to work today and had the energy to take some messy hair photos for you guys. So without delay... Here they are... A front, couple sides, a pull, hairlines ect... Gotta say, I love long hair now, I'm addicted.

webcam1.jpg

webcam2.jpg

webcam3.jpg

webcam4.jpg

webcam5.jpg

webcam6.jpg

Good luck to everyone, there's real hope for treatments out there! I've seen some other amazing stories on here, so if anything give what's out there a try before you abandon hope.

Regards,

SK.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone,

Wow it has been almost a year since I updated... Sorry about that. :( Life has been super busy and I haven't had any real photos taken for quite some time.
So I have been growing my hair out since around May... I love it! I forgot how thick my hair actually was when I was a kid, I wore it short for so many years. I haven't taken any personal pics in a while, but here's a couple shot of me at a party a couple days ago. I have a serious fro going on now. The regimen has changed somewhat, I'm down to about .25/mg proscar a day, still once a day foam ect.. So it is now over two years since I started foam and finasteride, so far so good. People I know from a few years back still think I'm wearing a piece, and people who don't know me think I have rockstar hair... It really has to be seen to be believed. I don't know how many more years it will hold out for, but I'm enjoying the ride. I also did some consultations with a very respected hair transplant Doctor and my donor hair is so thick that he thinks I could stay this way for the rest of my life if my hair starts to thin out when/if the finasteride stops working... Anyways, I'm sorry for my lack of updates, I will try to answer some more PMs ect more often. :)

Cheers everyone!

-SK

me4.jpg

me6.jpg

New update at the top of the page! Read/see below for my previous posts.

Ok, so here is a quick photo that I took on the 31st before gettting dressed up to party. I have got my NW2 temples to thicken up enough that I can pull my bangs over my temple area... and it looks pretty god damned great. I have a tiny splash of topic on my temple points in this photo, I use the little spray applicator and it is two tiny spurts per side (I wanted to look extra good, my last haloween was so depressing since I was pretty much balding, but no longer! Thank you so much everyone on this board, for the advice, the encouraging words and the well wishes. I know so many of you guys are struggling a lot and every time I see a guy who's losing his hair I honestly want to give the dude a hug and help him out, and in some cases I have, a couple of my friends who are starting to thin out now have been wearing hats a lot and I know exactly what that means, so I have pointed them to this forum... Thanks everyone, keep fighting the good fight, as always PM me with any questions

Oh, couple quick points.

1. My finasteride sides are gone, I can get it up no prob still, and if I take a zinc supplement I turn into a wild animal, so sex drive is good (now I just need a gf to f*****g share it with lol). I am taking a 6th of a proscar pill daily, so 0.83mg a day + one application of Foam before bed time around my front.
2. The Shampoo I am using is Vive pro men thin hair +conditioner, it really thickens it up and feels soft and great. I also use nizoral twice a week.
3. I take a multi daily, as well as tried to cut as much fat out of my diet as possible, I honestly think it has made a diff and I don't have nearly as much sebum on my scalp anymore.

joelisstupid-1.jpg

I have a post in the "stories" section, but now I finally think I can post a success story. I've been on finasteride since August (Proscar, 1/4, but I recently am cutting into 5ths), and Min foam since October (But i stopped recently to see if it was causing dark circles under my eyes, and so far I'm not sure). Oh, in case anyone wants to know, I'm 24 (25 in June).

Baseline picture from the top, my hair is longer here than in any other picture, was losing hair everywhere, it was falling out by the hundreds per day, I could rub my hair and get 5-10 hairs no problem, I was an emotional wreck. August 10th, 2007
baseline2.jpg

baseline1.jpg

Two Months on finasteride - Starting minoxidil Foam, Oct 10, 2007. I shaved my head with a G3, you can clearly see how thin I am at this point, still really in a bad state of mind, but hoping for the best.
minbas.jpg

minbas2.jpg

1.5 Months on Min Foam, 4.5 Months on finasteride, hair starting to grow in, and wouldn't you know it? It looks THICKER!? I thought it was the lighting, but I took several pictures and they all turned out just like this. HUGE SHED during this time a week before, scared the f*****g sh*t out of me. November 25th, 2007.
1monththree.jpg

3 Months on Min Foam, 5.5 months in finasteride, big shed in early december, my hair was feeling great and had volume again, I can't believe it. December 20th, 2007.

35months.jpg

4 Months on Min Foam, 6.5 months on finasteride... What can I say? It looks and feels fantastic at this point, I went from a Norwood 2.5 to a 2 again, in 6 months.....

WOOOO-1.jpg

YESS.jpg

And now... My most recent pictures! Taken about an hour ago. I shaved my head with a G3 just to see how much thickening I have actually had. There is one pic where my hair was long before I shaved.

beforecutfeb.jpg

wowow.jpg

back.jpg

close.jpg

At this point, I'm 24, and if I maintain like this for another two years or year, I may go get my temples filled in with a hair transplant, I know it's still pretty young, but I may be able to pull it off. I'm also considering trying revivogen after reading that new study with my current regimen to really kick it into overdrive on the regrowth. If anyone has any questions about these pictures, reply or PM me, I'd really like to help anyone out there if I can, I just can't believe the difference.

April 6, 08

Ok, as requested I have taken some more pics to show you guys my current progress. These were taken today after a shower, I rubbed my hair with a towel once, but my hair is definately damp/wet in these pictures. Also note that I went through a scary shed through march, it seems to have slowed down and is back to normal again (There were at least 40-70 hairs on the shower floor for about two weeks every day until last week starting the 2nd week of March, it's back to about 10 hairs now which is what I was losing for the last four months).

wet5.jpg

wet4.jpg

wet3.jpg

wet2.jpg

wet1.jpg

July 3, 08.

As promised (a bit late sorry). July 3rd, 08 hair pics. This would be 10.5 months on my finasteride/minoxidil, and I have added zinc once a day (10mg). Not only has the zinc made me feel better, it has boosted my sex drive to above pre finasteride levels. Yeehaw! I am obviously super happy with my results, I couldn't really have asked for more. Actually believe it or not, one of my more dickhead friends tried to pull my hair the other day to see if I was wearing a piece. People who knew me previously before last year in August are all completely stunned about how my hair has virtually come back. Even some older men in my family who are bald/balding have asked me questions about what I did. They can't believe it and frankly neither can I.

My first set of pictures is with my hair absolutely drenched (you can even see the water on my face), right out of the shower.

soaked1a.jpg

soaked2a.jpg

This image shows the side of my temple that has the most loss. It still has gained a lot of ground, but I'd still like some improvement maybe in the the future, we'll see. Then again, my hair is soaked in these pics.

soaked3a.jpg

This set is my hair worn up and down while it is still a little damp after towel dry.

Hair Up

hairup2a.jpg

hairupa.jpg

Once again, another shot of my far back temple. It's combed all the way up here, I usually put it down a bit, but it gives you an idea of how I'm a solid NW2 still. (at least on that side).

up3.jpg

Hair down.

hairdowna.jpg

hairdown2-1.jpg

And finally, my hair dried off.

dry1a.jpg

dry2a.jpg

markpark

Reaction score
Re: August 07- Feb 16, 08 - Results that I can't believe.....

amazing,good regrowth...thxs for the post dude :)

Emuler

Established Member
Reaction score

Congrats!!! that's amazing and so inspiring you'll be a regrowth hall of famer , was Nizoral in the regimen? , that would mean the big 3 worked wonders for you. :bravo: I'm currently almost in month 2 of the big 3, and i have noticed my hair is coming in thicker, seems to be working for my diffuse hair situation. I'll have to be more patient and wait at least till month 4 to really make a diagnosis. kudos 2 u :woot:

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score

Congrats!!! You are in luck my friend, hope you have a great life with hair, that is some great results :punk:

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Wow... that is the bestregrowth I think that I have ever seen. Good for you and just stick to it and I'd imagine it'll just keep gettiing better. You must feel like a million bucks. : :woot:

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

Emuler said:
Congrats!!! that's amazing and so inspiring you'll be a regrowth hall of famer , was Nizoral in the regimen? , that would mean the big 3 worked wonders for you. :bravo: I'm currently almost in month 2 of the big 3, and i have noticed my hair is coming in thicker, seems to be working for my diffuse hair situation. I'll have to be more patient and wait at least till month 4 to really make a diagnosis. kudos 2 u :woot:

Nope no nizoral, maybe I should add it?

Thanks guys! :)

I do feel pretty great.

Rob_x_22

Established Member
Reaction score

that is amazing how your hairline grown back in and your hair is so thick!...u know i stopped using minoxidil all over my head and start just puttin it on my temples and my hair that i have is so much healthier and thicker now!

beaner

Reaction score

Great regrowth!! Congratulations!! The only thing that worries me is you stated above that you recently stopped using the minoxidil? I really hope you plan to return to using it.....

aussie

Reaction score

Awesome mate, well done!! :bravo:

Makes me feel more positive that getting my first finasteride prescription today was the right thing to do :)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Just WOW! :punk: Kill the Norwood!! Keep up posting! We seem to loose all the guys with sucess!!

JWM

Reaction score

Great regrowth!! Congratulations!! The only thing that worries me is you stated above that you recently stopped using the minoxidil? I really hope you plan to return to using it.....

Agreed. Keep with the minoxidil!

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

squeegee said:
Just WOW! :punk: Kill the Norwood!! Keep up posting! We seem to loose all the guys with sucess!!

I will, I'll do an update every couple months or so.

As for the minoxidil, yes I started again. I was worried it was causing circles under my eyes, and it seems like it sort of was, anyone got any really good remedies for that?

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Good for you bro. Honestly you must feel amazing, a complete transformation. It looked like you were headed to sad town and then you took a left turn to jubilant junction. Couldn't be happier for you, congrats man.

aussie

Reaction score

So how many mg is that you're taking?? i get confused with all the proscar/propecia/finasteride quantities :lost: lol

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

aussie said:
So how many mg is that you're taking?? i get confused with all the proscar/propecia/finasteride quantities :lost: lol

By cutting the pills into 5ths, I'm getting about 1mg of finasteride per cut piece. I take it 6 days a week before bed.

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

R U GOING BALD said:
Awesome bro! Hey what shampoo did u use?

I'm using a Loreal Paris for men shampoo (frizzy hair formula or something). I think I might go pick up some nizoral and give it a try just for the hell of it.

aussie

Reaction score

StrangeKarma said:
aussie said:

By cutting the pills into 5ths, I'm getting about 1mg of finasteride per cut piece. I take it 6 days a week before bed.
Sweet, thanks for that. Lets hope i see the same results from combining finasteride and rogaine :freaked2:

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score

DCs? Try thickening your skin up...retin-A, KGF, EGF, GTE, kinetin, vitamin C, GHK copper peptides, the list goes on...

http://www.skinactives.com
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com

half of those ingredients could help your hair out. There's a lot more than the "Big 3" for hair treatments.

The "Big 3"

Minoxidil - facial bloating, dark circles, reports of premature aging and wrinkling (used it and quit)

Finasteride - yellow runny ejaculate, manboobs, brainfog (used it for 2-3 years before using dutasteride for almost a year.....have been off all drugs for 3.5 months now, little to no hair loss thus far *fingers crossed* but i did get hair transplants a few years back which definitely have helped the situation...Most people (all, I think, actually) say I have a good (or full even) head of hair (and that it's all in my head)....but what do regular people know, eh?

Nizoral - Dry shitty hair. (I do use ketoconazole shampoo...Revita...and it too makes your hair look like sh*t. Pick your poison, I guess. One day I'll just use it a few times a week, maybe less....right now I'm too poor for other treatments so I use Revita a lot.)