NEW SK Update - Feb 17/2010

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Re: SK's Jul 3, 08 update. Drenched hair, damp and dry!

How can Regaine cause dark circles?

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score

Probably through water retention?

thinninglatino80

Reaction score

amazing results man, I'm praying I get those results on my top. I'm on my 13th day!

Fanjeera

Reaction score

zxAddict said:
Probably through water retention?
I've had dark circles around my eyes for my whole life. This is just so depressing and confusing: I really don't want to quit this medication. I think people are imagining all those minoxidil side effects.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score

I read its genetic somewhat due to the darkness being related to the fine capillaries and blood vessels under the eye area. I heard Nivea for men Q10 eye relief cream is supposed to help with dark circles.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

I don't care for them, as long as I have to worry about balding. But if my balding medications are causing this, then it's something else. Seriously thinking of stopping all medications and becoming proudly bald.

JWM

Reaction score

Fantastic!

So let's be exact here. You use:

-1.25 mg of finasteride a day
-Rogaine Foam once a day

And that's all? Do you use alot of the foam when you apply it?

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I think it's between this thread and first's for being the most impressive regrowth on this forum.

Absolutely amazing!

I just want to know how quickly your hair loss progressed? It seems like the best results occur in young guys who diffused fairly rapidly.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I have a question for the poster: How do you know your dark circles under your eyes were caused by minoxidil and not finasteride? I quit both drugs due to this side effect and currently am on revivogen and nizoral.
Thanks to the knowledge of the user 'first' I am thinking of starting finasteride shortly by dissolving it in alcohol, lower dosage to minimise side effects and save money.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

How suddenly those dark circles appeared after starting using minoxidil?

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah hard to know. But Minoxidil and Finasteride have been linked by users to dark circles under the eyes so its hard to be sure. I'm not using finasteride anymore due to deathly like sides and the main problem I have with Minoxidil is water retention in the face. But this is usually only if I use too much, don't get enough sleep or exercise. Otherwise its cool but remember bags under the eyes will usually make them look darker due to the extra fluid and/or fine blood vessels.

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

JWM said:
Fantastic!

So let's be exact here. You use:

-1.25 mg of finasteride a day
-Rogaine Foam once a day

And that's all? Do you use alot of the foam when you apply it?

.5 mg of finasteride a day now, I use about a 1/4 capfull of foam.

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

Thickandthin said:
I think it's between this thread and first's for being the most impressive regrowth on this forum.

Absolutely amazing!

I just want to know how quickly your hair loss progressed? It seems like the best results occur in young guys who diffused fairly rapidly.

It progressed very slowly, I was a NW2 when I was 18.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score

do you find the rogaine hair grows slower than the rest or only grows a certain length?

xx

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

Defenton said:
do you find the rogaine hair grows slower than the rest or only grows a certain length?

xx

Yeah a little bit slower, it's totally not thick full hairs, but they arn't vellus hairs anymore either.

amsch

Reaction score

StrangeKarma said:
Defenton said:

xx

Yeah a little bit slower, it's totally not thick full hairs, but they arn't vellus hairs anymore either.

StrangeKarma, could you please answer my pm? :)

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hey SK!

How have things been? Can we get an update? I know you've probably been out enjoying that amazing hair!

You have hands down the some of the best regrowth I've ever seen.

I cant believe all the posts in the forum asking if finasteride/minoxidil worked for everyone. This story should tell a lot.

Thanks!

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

Thinneritgoes! said:
hey SK!

How have things been? Can we get an update? I know you've probably been out enjoying that amazing hair!

You have hands down the some of the best regrowth I've ever seen.

I cant believe all the posts in the forum asking if finasteride/minoxidil worked for everyone. This story should tell a lot.

Thanks!

Hey hey!

Things have been pretty good. I am going through a nasty shed at the moment, but it still looks pretty good and as always a big shed means big regrowth.

I will try and update in the next week with my 1 yr pictures. Its been that long already, wow... can't really believe it. My hair is short again, but I like it like that quite a bit. Now that I'm half way through 25, I think if I hold on another year, I will consider seeing Dr.Feller for an FUE to fill in that extra bit of temple that I want. I know some don't agree with me on that option, but I know I would look so good with my temples filled in, and I'm really curious to see what it would turn out like, as I haven't had a NW1 temple since I was 17. Thanks for the well wishes. I've added nizoral to my routine now as well.

Petchsky

Reaction score

Impressive improvement, probably the second best i've seen after SE Freak :) your hair looks so much healthier now, not to mention thicker