NEW SK Update - Feb 17/2010

moter

Reaction score
Re: August 07- Feb 16, 08 - Results that I can't believe.....

As for the minoxidil, yes I started again. I was worried it was causing circles under my eyes, and it seems like it sort of was, anyone got any really good remedies for that?
I lowered the dose of minoxidil to my comfort level. I use the foam and 5% liquid, but a full dose leaves me feeling kind of tired or at least less than optimal. I use probably a 1/4 or 1/3 dose, and it seems to be working. I use lowered doses of finasteride and nizoral too. Use what feels right, IMO.

kidd

Reaction score

StrangeKarma said:
aussie said:
So how many mg is that you're taking?? i get confused with all the proscar/propecia/finasteride quantities :lost: lol

By cutting the pills into 5ths, I'm getting about 1mg of finasteride per cut piece. I take it 6 days a week before bed.

do you buy online?

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

kidd said:
StrangeKarma said:
aussie said:
So how many mg is that you're taking?? i get confused with all the proscar/propecia/finasteride quantities :lost: lol

By cutting the pills into 5ths, I'm getting about 1mg of finasteride per cut piece. I take it 6 days a week before bed.

do you buy online?

Nope, I get it from my local pharmacy. With my provincial health plan (I live in Canada), it costs me $15 for 100 days worth of the meds.

aussie

Reaction score

Cost me $67AU for 28 days :thumbsdown:

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score

Congrats on your major success!
Just so you know, I can't seem to be able to PM you?
-Are you applying the foam all over the top of your head from front to back? Thank you.

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

aussie said:
Cost me $67AU for 28 days :thumbsdown:

Damn that really sucks. :( My health plan in Canada pays for 75% of the cost, can't complain about that. Maybe in AUS there is a similar plan, have you looked into it? It might save you a fortune. At the price you are paying I'm paying 7% what you are, yikes!

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score

Wow! Dude, you are my hero! Why would you even want a hair transplant? Honestly, it's looking like you don't have any temples to fill in. I can only wish that I would fill in that much on my temples. Keep it up and I hope to see future updates with pics.

ezgoer101

Reaction score

Can u add a better pic of your temple progress? Overall you have amazing results. Did you notice any shedding when you added minoxil (sp)?

hairwish

Reaction score

I agree with primex I don't think you need a hair transplant (if for god knows what reason you had to stop treatment or it just stopped working 10+ years from now(not saying it is) you'll be left with something not too appealing and wished you never got one). that's just my opinion and what I would do. as for results it looks great! you'll get used to the temples the way it is, a lot of girls dig the mature hairline. where was this foam 12 years ago? I'm getting similar results just 2 months in. guys ditch whatever minoxidil you're using and get the foam. the foam for me thus far has been much more potent. It's in the delivery system that makes the foam superior. try it you'll see.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score

StrangeKarma

That is truelly a remarkable recovery. You honestly don’t need hair transplant on those temples and like somebody else just pointed out a little recede in the temples adds to ones masulinty that’s for sure… lasses will love that.

Your 24 almost 25, when did you notice you was loosing hair? Am I right in thinking you acted in the same year you noticed you was loosing it?

I am trying to work out the lifespan of hair follicles that’s have stopped producing hair… the medication seems to have re-activated all of those follicles that had stopped producing hair for you… I im imagining you lost a lot of hair in rapid time like months rarther than years? And was able to save those follicles before they just withered and died for good?

Superb result mate.. that’s us men pulling one back on mother nature!!!

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

chancer said:
StrangeKarma

That is truelly a remarkable recovery. You honestly don’t need hair transplant on those temples and like somebody else just pointed out a little recede in the temples adds to ones masulinty that’s for sure… lasses will love that.

Your 24 almost 25, when did you notice you was loosing hair? Am I right in thinking you acted in the same year you noticed you was loosing it?

I am trying to work out the lifespan of hair follicles that’s have stopped producing hair… the medication seems to have re-activated all of those follicles that had stopped producing hair for you… I im imagining you lost a lot of hair in rapid time like months rarther than years? And was able to save those follicles before they just withered and died for good?

Superb result mate.. that’s us men pulling one back on mother nature!!!

Thank you for the comment. :)

Actually, you may be surprised when I tell you this, but I started losing my hair when I was 18. My temples went back very quickly when I was 18-19 and then stopped moving back making me a NW2, over the next four years 20-24 my hair progressively got thinner and thinner, until it started really showing through when I was turning 24. I went to my doctor and he also noticed my crown was starting to thin out too, so I was headed quickly to baldness. I have a bit of a weird situation, I'm not a very hairy guy at all, and I can barley even grow a beard, so when I discovered that the same hormone that makes your hair thin is the one that promotes facial hair growth ect, I was really pissed, since it seemed that I got screwed both ways. That's sort of the reason I wanted the hair transplant because I have a very young face with sparce facial hair, so I feel like I look a bit odd having a younger face but losing my hair, it was really shitty. I'm no expert but I think that because my hair was slowly going away, the DHT in my system was likely not as potent as other peoples who go through very aggressive and quick balding between 20-25. Thus taking the propecia quickly halted the balding process and almost reversed it, except my already bald NW2 temples (as I have been missing hair around my temples for about 5 years now). However all my other hair has seemingly grown back. I'm pretty sure that had I had more DHT in my system and could grow a full beard, I would already be bald.

It has been an observation of mine that many younger guys and middle aged men who are high on the Norwood scale, tend to have very thick beards and are quite hairy. I have a friend who could grow a full thick beard by the time he was 15, and now at 23, he is now almost a NW7, his brother is the complete opposite, no facial hair, and he has all his hair. It seems that men with very potent hormones do tend to have a much higher risk of losing their hair quickly. Of course, these are just my own observations, and it's very odd that some men have all their hair until 30, and then bam, it hits them just like it has hit some of us in our 20's.

Edit: Wow 1800+ views of my thread and only 30 replies, there are obviously a lot of guys out there who are too shy or ashamed to make an account. Just to let all of you know, that if you have questions about my treatment or the details of the process that I have not answered, please sign up and send me a private message, I want to help as many guys out there as I can, baldness is a f*****g nightmare, and it took me a lot of courage to post my story, as I too am very conscious about my hair and appearance, so if you want to know something, ask! (especially those of you who live in Canada, as I pay peanuts for my treatment thanks to my provincial health coverage - $14 for 100 days of proscar to be exact).

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score

StrangeKarma....

That’s quite interesting...

I’m 31.. started noticing going bald nw1 temples late into age 26 though it was cool... 27 crown thinned to a noticeable size... been gradual thinning all over the top since... now nw2 on temples... never knew that there was any other treatment apart from wig or hair transplant till i found this site in january...

im a dark ginger colour... but strangely i also even now at 31 cant grow a full beard, i just don’t have enough facial hair follicles... also very low body hair, i can count the few hairs on my chest (oddly they are almost black in colour?) and tbh ive still never mastered sideburns, one is too thin to really notice unless your up close... so i guess i am like you... don’t have much DHT in my system... but obviously im susceptible to what i do have hence being a nw2 with a high hairline and balding crown...

I don’t know if that puts me in a position to be a great responder to the big three or not?

I just tend to notice two things with the success section stories... most are young and caught it quick and they mainly tend to have black or very dark hair. Ive never seen a success thread from anyone with light or ginger coloured hair yet...

im already using nizoral and My first batch of Foam is on its way to me this week... i just need to convince my doctor to let me have a prescription now for the propecia...

I am very realistic... im not going to go back to a nw1 unless follica and HM become available..

but a hick NW2 i will be happy with... at his rate im gonna be bald on top in 2 years no question.

BTW I think you’re a nw1 now.. not nw2

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score

Best results i've ever seen! Congrats :bravo:

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey man, just curious to the method you use to apply the foam. Do you squirt it directly onto the scalp?? And once you apply it do you basically let it melt and work itself in or do you rub it in for say 30 seconds until its gone??

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

do hairier people who grow beards easier bald more aggressively, and have less chance at responding to treatments?

what is the link between beard/body hair and male pattern baldness?

i too cannot grow a full beard, probably not even half a beard (age 26).

interesting theory strangekarma. i'd be curious for other people's feelings and thoughts on this.

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

treeshrew said:
do hairier people who grow beards easier bald more aggressively, and have less chance at responding to treatments?

what is the link between beard/body hair and male pattern baldness?

i too cannot grow a full beard, probably not even half a beard (age 26).

interesting theory strangekarma. i'd be curious for other people's feelings and thoughts on this.

I am also curious, but I have read that DHT is responsible for a lot of body hair growth, so there has to be some sort of link.

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score

lucy923 said:
Hey man, just curious to the method you use to apply the foam. Do you squirt it directly onto the scalp?? And once you apply it do you basically let it melt and work itself in or do you rub it in for say 30 seconds until its gone??

Directly onto the scalp, and rub it in until it's gone.

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Aug 07- April 6 08 - UPDATE - Wet hair pictures. 1st page...

this is awesome

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Aug 07- April 6 08 - UPDATE - Wet hair pictures. 1st page...

Strange Karma.... Truely amazing.

still want that hair transplant?......lol

your success is the reason im going to phone boots up tomorrow and go get a pescription for finasteride... already been on the nizoral and min for a month.... but was/am worried about the side effects of taking finasteride... but stories like yours make me determined to give it a shot....

Kudos Mate

Chancer...